Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban - Page 4

Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban

This is a discussion on Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know a ton of democrats that own guns and think that some bans are OK......I am telling you that many folks that are gun ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban

I know a ton of democrats that own guns and think that some bans are OK......I am telling you that many folks that are gun owners will have no problems throwing the 2A under the bus if it does not immediately affect them.....
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I know a ton of democrats that own guns and think that some bans are OK......I am telling you that many folks that are gun owners will have no problems throwing the 2A under the bus if it does not immediately affect them.....
    Unfortunately I believe you are right.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    We really need to point these people to England and the story of how they lost their guns, one style at a time. If they can't see that this is where it is heading, find them the quote from fienstien saying exactly that. Something along the lines of ...if I could get enough votes, then pick them all up, every single gun...
    Walk softly ...

Of course

Of course thousands of gun owners support her ban.

A lot of cops want to be the only ones with guns.

Then you have the politicians that will be given waivers and/or have an armed security detail to follow them around (with guns, of course).

Dianne Feinstein--Guns for me, not for thee.
    Last edited by Dvorak; January 8th, 2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typos

What disgusts me more than anything is certain people that hunt and don't own anything other than maybe a rifle and a shotgun, or people who just do trap and skeet. They are open to anything as long as they can keep their sport. That is disgusting. There is probably many who would go along with any proposals as long as their 30-06 bolt action is still ok.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Brits Warn US- Don't Give Up Your Guns - YouTube

What happens .....A sad tale for sure

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    There are probably alot of left wing gun owners not affiliated with any pro gun group. A few thousand questionable gun owners out of how many millions means what? I wonder why she didn't say how many have contacted her with regard to no more stupid meaningless gun laws.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Thousands hmm I tend to think its the thousands of demons running through her head.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Re: Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I think that'll be the job of the 'pro-gun' legislators. The gun orgs are always going to be seen as bias, for better or for worse. To paraphrase Mr. LaPierre, the only thing that will stop a bad politician with an agenda is a good politician with an agenda. Ultimately it's going to come down to votes. Right now they are doing a lot of "write your leaders now" types of stuff and everybody should be taking that to heart. We need to be the one's being active right now.

I am also all for them getting in front of people and refuting the anti-gun rhetoric, but much like their timing during the initial incident, I think they have to choose their time wisely. Too soon and they risk looking like chicken little. Too late and obviously they risk much worse. One thing you have to consider is Diana, and her ilk, don't have to pay for their airtime. All they have to do is open the doors and call in their minions. Anything done by the NRA is going to have to be measured against the positive effect it may have, because they will be spending our money on it.
    You bet it comes down to votes.. But do you remember what was attributed as the main reason O won the first election? Social media, tech savvy, facebook... Etc.
    We must be heard. The only way is media.. We have to buy our time on the air. Failure to do so= losing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I see your point, but personally, I would rather not see Wayne LaPierre on TV butting heads with Piers Morgan or any other misinformed idiot. I prefer that my money is spent where it counts, like in lobbying. Because no matter what is said here, on the street corner, by the water fountain, or wherever and by whomever, Washington is where the action is.
    Yep, DC is where it's at. But unless the lawmakers hear our voices through the media, we will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    I understand the sentiment, but I think it's part of helping make her look as ridiculous as we think she is.

My bet on LaPierre is that he's working behind the scenes with the people he knows have the power to make something happen (or not happen). Most of politics happens behind closed doors. What we see is just the show that they want us to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Until the bill is actually introduced, there's nothing to debate or refute without appearing paranoid. Fienstien: " That's not what I said" "That's not what I want"

" Tilting at Windmills"
    Better to tilt at windmills than to lose by default. Just as in defensive carry... Action ALWAYS BEATS reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Absolutely agree. The left are masters at manipulation of the media and will deny and lie in order to get their agenda across.

Let's see what the bill says after it's presented, then go after it full force.

However, we should never, never again allow a bill to be passed "before we see what's in it" like the AHC bill was. That's the main thing I worry about where the Libs are concerned. It's been done once so it could happen again.
    See above, action/reaction.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    What disgusts me more than anything is certain people that hunt and don't own anything other than maybe a rifle and a shotgun, or people who just do trap and skeet. They are open to anything as long as they can keep their sport. That is disgusting. There is probably many who would go along with any proposals as long as their 30-06 bolt action is still ok.
    I always have fun with these types, I don’t duck hunt or own a shotgun so why would I or anyone need a shotgun they should be banned since they serve no useful purpose. Or no one needs a high powdered scoped sniper rifle capable of dropping a deer at 500 yards if you want some meat just go to the grocery store and grab some out of the freezer.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Unfortunately she may not be stretching the truth all that much, I have heard several gun owners say that they support enhancing existing laws and/or support for an out right ban of semi-auto rifles of a military type.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Feinstein Says Thousands of Gun Owners Have Voiced Their Support For Her Gun Ban

I don't understand how she can say that thousands of gun owners support legislation when concealed weapons permits and gun sales are going off the charts!
    On CNN Wolf just showed stats that gun shows and gun sales are breaking records.
    I want to know who all these "Gun Owners" are that support ANY gun legislation!!

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Unfortunately she may not be stretching the truth all that much, I have heard several gun owners say that they support enhancing existing laws and/or support for an out right ban of semi-auto rifles of a military type.
    I think they should be the first to turn in their guns then.

Thousands of gun owners want gun regulations. Well, I guess all those gun owners went out and bought up all the AR's, ammo and mags so that I could not get one. I wonder if they have been turned into the government, yet. Liberals are clueless.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links