How tough must we get?

How tough must we get?

This is a discussion on How tough must we get? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I dont know about everyone else but I believe if we are too silent and sit and wait to see or make it look like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How tough must we get?

How tough must we get?

I dont know about everyone else but I believe if we are too silent and sit and wait to see or make it look like we will even accept any gun laws which we know only enables criminals and hurts law abiding.

This video is saying that we are in the process of being tested to see how far we can be pushed.

I dont wanna seem to be trying to incite any violence, But I do think its time to make known that we wont stand for unlawful laws. I think though we want to show ourselves as cool calm and collected and non violent folks, THIS TIME we might have to go on an offensive and really be vocal and even take to the streets in anger because they dont want to understand what the 2nd Amendment is about or they know what it is about but want to have full control.. Not a real powerful video but I do think we are being tested to see how much courage we have and how far we are willing to stand for what is right!

Senator Dianne Feinstein: All Gun Owners Should Be Registered, Fingerprinted - YouTube

These Are The Times That Try Men's Souls.................

I don't think people are too silent. I think that because of the political system we have, unless you have millions of dollars to donate...you are ignored. Unless the representative you are writing is willing to give up a slush fund or pork project for their district, they will follow whatever the party dictates almost invariably. The situation is such that the greatest people in congress have the least power and are ignored the most.

It's all a money and power game and that just sucks.
    Doghandler, 8th ID and mano3 like this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

unlawful laws?
    Brad426 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

VIP Member
    I stated very clearly in the thread The Peaceful Fight - who among us will make the needed sacrifices to keep the rights we claim to hold so dearly? If just 3 or 4 million gun owners surrounded the capital peacefully, the fight would be over and a major 2A victory would be won. Letters and calls to officials are good, but they are not enough this time around.
    SigPapa226 and DPro.40 like this.

Letters and calls to officials are good, but they are not enough this time around.
    So true.
    Depending and pinning our hopes entirely on Pro-Gun lobby groups will not prevail at the end of the day.
    The "wait and see" crowd will wait..and they WILL see..when it's too late.
    See my link above.
    ctr likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The problem with a peaceful demonstration around the White House it would be turned into a slugfest by the left wingers and press as they did at the Tea Party peaceful demonstrations.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I've had enough ! I have constitutional rights and I'm MAD as HELL ! I don't sleep nights, that's how much I've had . :(
    SpringerXD likes this.

I heard a comment made by an anti-gun Dem involved in Feinstiens efforts..... and it made me think a LOT about it.

Get as close to a quote as I can , but it was ...... "We don't understand why people are still buying them when they know we want to ban them" .

The more I think about that, makes me believe, they really ... really.... 1) are bothered by the buying, etc going on, and 2) cannot comprehend how serious people take it, nor that anyone would fight for it, and expect everyone to "just accept it" and roll over and play dead. They cannot fathom this way of "thinking" in their minds.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    The problem with a peaceful demonstration around the White House it would be turned into a slugfest by the left wingers and press as they did at the Tea Party peaceful demonstrations.
    Is the gov prepared to lock up 3 million who are exercising their 2nd amendment?

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Is the gov prepared to lock up 3 million who are exercising their 2nd amendment?
    YES. More prisons and all that go to support the prisons. JOBS and $$$$$. I believe the gun grabbers at the top have stock in firearm companies and will soon be buying stock of companies who build prisons!!!! I gotta go...
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Not if 3 - 4 million showed up. I doubt the capital has ever seen those kind of numbers on the grounds. The government could only have one response to those numbers, and that would be to bend to the will of the people. History teaches us that lesson, and it is one the founders knew very well. The federal government does not win against the mob.

Sam e thing for those liberal anti media networks. 3 - 4 million gun owners show up and their voices will be heard. Even an idiot liberal knows when to back down from a fight they can't win.

Prove me right or prove me wrong. Some one organize events for the foolish newspaper in NY and for the Gannett headquarters. You will only need about a 100k gun owners for that one.

It's time to remind the children the adults are in control.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Yes, definitely:
    Prisoners statistics - countries compared - NationMaster
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

What we need to do is use emotions just like how they do. We need to round up victims of violent crimes and have them testify and do interviews on how gun control failed them and the criminals won against them. I know because I was a victim of a violent crime in May 1995 to an illegal alien in San Francisco. I wanted to apply for a CCW permit a year before this incident and was told by the San Mateo Police Dept my chances would be slim. I am glad that I moved to Texas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links