Connecticut Lawmakers Want Names of Gun Owners to be Made Public

This is a discussion on Connecticut Lawmakers Want Names of Gun Owners to be Made Public within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Connecticut lawmaker wants names of gun owners to be made public By Barnini Chakraborty Published January 06, 2013 FoxNews.com Washington – Lawmakers in Connecticut – ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Crowman
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By GoldwingElf

Thread: Connecticut Lawmakers Want Names of Gun Owners to be Made Public

Connecticut Lawmakers Want Names of Gun Owners to be Made Public

Connecticut lawmaker wants names of gun owners to be made public
    By Barnini Chakraborty
    Published January 06, 2013
    FoxNews.com
    Washington – Lawmakers in Connecticut – still stunned from the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting – are moving forward with legislation that could make public the names and addresses of 170,000 handgun permit holders in the state...

Read more: Connecticut lawmaker wants names of gun owners to be made public | Fox News

They want to invade our privacy by publicly labeling law abiding citizens based on the types of personal possession they own. They also want to turn our guns into clubs by restricting access to ammunition.

State Sen. Martin Looney said, “A gun without ammunition is only a club” and “We really need to restrict access to ammunition.”
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

The battle lines have been drawn.... Time for our side to come to the surface and fight "them" head on....... Our side has been on defense far too long........
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

If it comes down to a war over the second amendment I wonder who would win the people with guns,or people with a pen
    pittypat21 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

With aname like 'Looney'...thats too good to be true!!!

I can see it now...(men in brown shirts, throw in Euro accent): "Your papers pleeeze"

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Wow. What a great idea. Why? Because it worked out SO well when that stupid newspaper "outed" the gun owners in those two counties in New York.

So let's have a look at the wonderful effect of this way of thinking.

1. It tells the criminals what houses to burglarize for stealing guns.

2. It tells the criminals which houses to invade because they don't have guns.

3. It tells the violent, crazy man where his ex-wife or ex-girlfriend is hiding. Now he can proceed to kill her.

4. It ostracizes gun owners in the eyes of friends and fellow parents.

5. It invades privacy, all in the name of "public safety," while it promotes anything but.

It has always been said that we have the politicians we deserve. If Connecticut politicians actually proceed with this stupidity, they'll be endangering thousands of lives in various ways.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Prison guards in NY have already been threatened by inmates because of the published names and addresses.
    pittypat21 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldwingElf View Post
    Prison guards in NY have already been threatened by inmates because of the published names and addresses.
    Oh, yeah. I knew I was forgetting something. There's that, plus the police officers and judges who have sent violent criminals to prison. This puts their families at risk, also.

But it doesn't matter. When a cop or judge has their whole family murdered for revenge because this info was published, we'll hear about it in two places:the location where it happened and on the gun forums.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If it comes down to a war over the second amendment I wonder who would win the people with guns,or people with a pen
    Don't know...but I'm on the side of the people with the guns.

By the way, I also have a pen and I'm not afraid to use it.

I wonder how many of those people with pens also have guns that they aren't afraid to use?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Links