Ohio Senator Portman's Response

This is a discussion on Ohio Senator Portman's Response within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is what I got from Rob Portman - Dear XXXXX, Thank you for contacting me to express your concern about the rights of gun ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ksholder

Thread: Ohio Senator Portman's Response

VIP Member

Ohio Senator Portman's Response

Here is what I got from Rob Portman -

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me to express your concern about the rights of gun owners. It is good to hear from you.

As you may know, I am firm supporter of Second Amendment rights. Like you, I believe that infringing on the rights of law-abiding citizens does not address the root causes of violence in our society.

As you may know, I am a gun owner who believes in the right to bear arms in defense of self, family and property. During my 12 years serving in Congress, I received an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association for defending our Constitutional Rights. I opposed the so-called "assault weapons ban" and opposed the Brady Bill. I supported repealing both the Federal Assault Weapons Ban and the Washington, D.C. gun ban. I voted to protect the private information of gun owners; to protect state gun laws; and to protect firearm and ammunition manufacturers, dealers or importers from lawsuits and damages related to criminal misuse by a third party.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me. If you have additional questions, please use the contact form on my website Rob Portman, and I will look forward to responding to you.

Sincerely,
    Rob Portman
    U.S. Senator
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Another winner!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

That's the kind of response I like to see. Factual, taking a firm stand & not all wishy washy. Good for Ohio, good for us.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    He said he "opposed" the original ban. I hope he opposes a new ban too. We will see, there will be alot of pressure on he and his fellow Democrats to get into line and vote as a block.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    He said he "opposed" the original ban. I hope he opposes a new ban too. We will see, there will be alot of pressure on he and his fellow Democrats to get into line and vote as a block.
    Wow, I must be the most uninformed voter out there - I thought he was a Republican.

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Wow, I must be the most uninformed voter out there - I thought he was a Republican.

He is.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    He is.
    I know. It was sarcasm.
    ANGLICO likes this.

I got the same e-mail today.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Links