Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson response

Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson response

This is a discussion on Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson response within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looks like he is on the right side. Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding your thoughts on federal gun control measures ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By Sly
  • 1 Post By NMB
  • 1 Post By MamaMaria

Thread: Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson response

Thumbs up Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson response

Looks like he is on the right side.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding your thoughts on federal gun control measures in light of the recent tragedy in Connecticut.

A terrible and incomprehensible act of violence took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School. We are all deeply impacted by the horror of little children and brave adults being murdered. There are many serious issues that will need to be discussed and considered in the weeks and months to come. But right now, our primary concern should be for the families and the community of Newtown.

At moments like this, America comes together to mourn and support one another. We will do so again in the coming days, and then search for answers on how to prevent such tragedies in the future

As your Senator, I believe it is my primary responsibility to uphold the Constitution and the Second Amendment is no exception. I will continue to strongly support our Second Amendment rights. One of the bills I have chosen to cosponsor regarding the Second Amendment is S. 570 introduced by Senator Jon tester (D-MT) on March 14, 2011. This bill would prohibit the Department of Justice from tracking and cataloguing the purchases of multiple rifles and shotguns.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. It is important for me to hear the views and concerns of the people I serve. Please feel free to contact me in the future if I can further assist you or your family. It is an honor representing you and the good people of Wisconsin in the U.S. Senate.

Sincerely,

Ron Johnson
    United States Senator

NMB
    +1 for our side.
    Eagleks likes this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Yep, Ron Johnson's one of the "good" ones. Now, as far as Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) goes...don't forget to flood her mailbox and phone with letters and messages (she conveniently has no email or fax listed).
    Eagleks likes this.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Winner!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Is he good or what? Too bad we elected Tammy Balwin as our other senator ( well I did not) . She is the first openly gay senator and is left of Nancy,Harry and Barney Frank combined.

thanks Ron Johnson !

Proud to vote for this guy, if I could.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

I received the same response from him today. Great to see. I'm not expecting anything like this if / when Tammy Baldwin responds to my letter. Well, at least were batting .500 here.

You can count me among those who received this reply from Senator Johnson as well. I like the guy, and I hope he continues to earn my trust and support. Tammy, on the other hand, well.... :(
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Yup, proud I voted for him. Baldwin is as bad as Feinstein.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    OK it's a nice start to say no file tracking. BUT...what about any NEW weapons or firearms accessories or ammo bans or any additional NEW laws Senator?

And his Bill ( S. 570 ) Died.

It was introduced 10-months ago so this isn't anything NEW that's going on. It was just flushed to the forefront pending recent events.

I also received the same letter today. Thanks Ron Johnson. I don't expect a favorable response from Baldwin... I think she's a bit left of Feinstein.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    PS.......

Let see how he votes on any NEW upcoming Legislature

Links