Gun Control 2013

Gun Control 2013

This is a discussion on Gun Control 2013 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA Staff and Members; I knew anti-gun people would immediately want to use the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary to impose on Americanís constitutional right ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wmhawth
  • 1 Post By whoppo

Thread: Gun Control 2013

Gun Control 2013

NRA Staff and Members;
    I knew anti-gun people would immediately want to use the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary to impose on Americanís constitutional right to bear arms. People need to remember the constitution gave Americans the right to always bear arms, and protect themselves at all levels, and have the same weapons as the military to a great degree as far as guns and rifles.
    When the constitution was written it gave Americans the right to bear arms for protection against terrorists, governmental take over, and personal attacks. In other countries people are being slaughtered by their own governments and oppressors to such a degree that the United States and other countries have sent arms so that they may stand a chance to defend themselves.
    As an American it is our constitutional right to bear rifles and guns and no impulsive decision on behalf of the government should ever stand in the way of that right. It was not the intention of the amendment that possible oppressors could advance in weaponry but not the citizens of the United States.
    Remember the Twin Towers, a reminder of how the enemy can bring war to your own country! If that were to happen, with what anti-gun lobbyists propose, we would be robbed of the right of a proper fighting chance to defend ourselves against enemy assault rifles and would need to resort to guns suited for hunting and recreation if we were still allowed to possess even those weapons. Remind people again that guns donít kill and do pathetic things. Itís sick, disturbed and violent people that do. Those same people if unable to obtain guns would use bombs or a multitude of other ways to create chaos. They will still do as they choose until society learns how to identify them and deal with them.
    When law abiding citizens are not able to legally possess specific weapons, violent criminals will still find a way to attain such weapons. Thus, giving said criminals an obvious advantage. Mistakenly, as a society we fail to recognize that 80 percent of gun crimes are committed by gangs and by mentally unsound people and this is a very small group of the population. People need to remember at very emotional times not to make rash decisions.
    -Anonymous

You're preaching to the choir here amigo. Welcome to the forum.
    oneshot likes this.

Agreed!!

Distinguished Member
    Just a quick correction, if I may:

The Bill of Rights does NOT "give" us any right to bear arms... We have that Right without any ink or parchment.
    The 2nd Amendment was written to prevent our government from infringing upon that Right... something that they seem to have forgotten.

Oh.. and welcome to the group!!
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    Just a quick correction, if I may:

The Bill of Rights does NOT "give" us any right to bear arms... We have that Right without any ink or parchment.
    The 2nd Amendment was written to prevent our government from infringing upon that Right... something that they seem to have forgotten.

Oh.. and welcome to the group!!
    Yup^^^^^

Our Rights are inherent and inalienable.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

With more gun laws possibly on the way. I'd strongly urge you all to join the NRA, call/write your reps. and tell them you oppose any more gun laws.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

VIP Member
    Here is an e mail I sent to a lot of people in my e mail adress .

It was originally posted in this thread here..
    A challenge to my fellow forum members

Here is a link to join the NRA.
    Sign up for the one year membership, for $25.00 instead of the normal annual price of $35.
    You save $10, PLUS, PLUS you get a $25 Bass Pro gift card.
    https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...AG&hid=4487688
    You just joined for free, helped the NRA fight for our 2nd. Amendment rights, and you shop for $25.

Click on the link, Scroll down to the middle left just below "regular memberships" and where it says one year membership click it
    .Then go down a bit further and select your magazine.
    (I have the American Rifleman)
    Be sure if you want a mailed copy of whatever magazine to select IT, instead of getting an electronic copy(internet), unless thats what you want.
    Then fill in all the other stuff.

I just renewed my 5 yr. and signed up someone else for the $25 BEFORE I knew about the $25 Bass Pro offer.
    Come on guys join for a year and it doesn't even cost you anything.
    https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...AG&hid=4487688

Happy New Year!
    THANKS...............................Mark

P.S.
    Send this out to as many people as you know.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links