Sue Dianne Feinstein?

Sue Dianne Feinstein?

This is a discussion on Sue Dianne Feinstein? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anybody considered the possibility of filing a lawsuit against this hag for attempting to take away our 2nd amendment rights? Seriously guys, we need ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Sue Dianne Feinstein?

Sue Dianne Feinstein?

Has anybody considered the possibility of filing a lawsuit against this hag for attempting to take away our 2nd amendment rights? Seriously guys, we need to hold people like this accountable and there has to be SOME way to do so using the legal system. Thoughts? Comments?
    JaxRolo, aogiss, mano3 and 1 others like this.

It would take an astronomical amount of money to get it to trial.

Stupid idea. It is her job to push legislation that her constituents want. She is doing her job whether we like it or not. It is not treasoness nor illegal for her doing what she is doing. I disagree with her but that does not mean you sue her.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

She also took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I just wish someone could come up with something to stop these SOB's!!! All the gun owners and Gun makers can't get together and fight this, it's a shame..

Re: Sue Dianne Feinstein?

Bama scores first!

Sorry, oh yes, the gun makers and owners getting together.

NRA! NRA! NR PTIBOOBBUTUM!

NRA!

The world is a ghetto
    War
    SpringerXD and Yogi223 like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    She also took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
    Your point is? Where is it against the Constitution to put forth legislation that no one know is agaisnt the Constitution until it is challenged in court. Sorry, but that is how it works. It is not even an impeachable offense.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    She can initiate any legislation she wishes. Then both sides of Congress have to approve it and then the president signs that legislation into law. At some point someone will file a case with the SCOTUS where hopefully her legilation will be ruled unconstitutional and thrown out. That's the way it works, not by frivilous lawsuits.
    Doghandler, mano3, varob and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

It is not legal for citizens to sue representatives for doing there “job,” no mater how poorly they do it.

Article I Section 6 Clause 1 would probably come up. The letter bars suing over libel and slander for things said on the house floor.

Article I Section 2 Clause 5 gives the House of Representatives sole Power of Impeachment.

Taxpayer standing, created in the 1922 Fairchild v. Hughes case, has not really been supported recently. I do not know of any cases when the Supreme Court has allowed such an argument to proceed. They have struck down cases as not satisfying taxpayer standing.

And before someone mentions it, the definition of Treason
    Article 3 Section 3 “Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.” Note the German practice of capitalizing all nouns, which we got rid of a few decades later.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 91wm6 View Post
    Has anybody considered the possibility of filing a lawsuit against this hag for attempting to take away our 2nd amendment rights? Seriously guys, we need to hold people like this accountable and there has to be SOME way to do so using the legal system. Thoughts? Comments?
    There's a host of problems:

First, federal courts can only adjudicate "cases and controversies." They don't have jurisdiction if there's no case and controversy. What this means is a federal court cannot entertain a suit regarding a law that might be passed to decide whether the law, if passed, would be constitutional. That would be an advisory opinion. In short, a federal court would be powerless to hear the suit.

Second, the obvious remedy is voting her out of office, not suing her. Get a bunch of like minded people to move to her state and vote her out. Otherwise carry on.

Third, you have to take the good with the bad. So you don't like her law and you sue? Well guess what, some other party could then sue on potential laws that you do like (e.g., ending of gun free zones). Wouldn't that be spectacular (for lawyers)?

Fourth, what relief would you seek? An injunction? A redrafting of the law by an unelected judge who enjoys a lifetime appointment? That would be just spec-dandy-tacular!

Fifth, calling her a "hag" is a bad start. She may be off the mark on this issue (in my opinion), but she's been no slouch on the Intelligence Committee.

Sixth, any lawyer filing such a suit would likely (no, would definitely be) sanctioned for completely wasting the court's time and being a general Jackarse (there's a legal term for this type of sanction, but I'm giving you the non-lawyer, plain English term, which is much better).
    Clodbert, Echo_Four and Pistology like this.

Lets all donate some money and film one of those political smear campaigns against her. I always wanted to be behind one of those commercials. "and I support this message"

Yep, she could put forth legislation that says everyone must attend a public flag burning and bake sale the third Tuesday of every month if she really wanted to. Not a darn thing you can do about it until it's passed by both Houses and signed by the Prez. Then, and only then, can it be brought in front of the SCOTUS.

Totally amazes me that folks on this forum that suppose to support the entire Constitution advocate frivilous lawsuits and other things not prescribed in the Constitution just because they disagree with a politician. Don't see much difference between some folks here and those on the left. Nobody specific...just saying.

Re: Sue Dianne Feinstein?

In the old days we cried for public hanging or flogging oweing to "ill representation" by our elected officials . We settled for a spanking in the newspapers and propaganda sheets.

Now a days they get a public blogging.

The world is a ghetto
    War
    macg19 and J.Thompson like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

lol
    Doghandler likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links