Defensive Carry banner

Another anti-gun lobby organization

889 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  oakchas 
#1 ·
Article here: m.usatoday.com/article/news/1816383

Looks like Giffords and Kelly want to form a group to counterbalance the economic weight of the NRA. Their press release talks about the illegal gun trafficking and purchasing without a background check. What is not explicitly stated are the standard calls for banning black rifles and magazines, though I am sure this is intended too.

I spent my dollars with the NRA. I won't be sending them money. I am all for looking at means to deal with society's violence and crime problems, but the calls to stomp my rights as the means to do so must stop first.

#4 ·
Well...let the emotional, non-rational, stat-denying people go to it! If I'm not mistaken, didn't Giffords and Kelley have CCW's? I wonder if they will be turning in their Glock 19's for $50 gift cards from Safeway? PLEASE!!!!!

#6 ·
Giffords and Kelly should be "Most definitely aware that she was shot by a mental patient". And should be focusing on that angle. Restrictions on the sane are not making us safer. Better treatment, and reporting of those that are a danger to them selves or others are what we need. DR

#7 ·
At the very least. They, whom=ever they are, will tighten up the BGC system. No more purchases without a BGC. As long as they DO NOT use a Proctoscope in their process; Thank You Very Much :rolleyes: Hey if you can’t do the time then don’t do the crime :ticking:

In my State, if you want to purchase a firearm LEGALLY you have to:
A) go to your L-LEStation and REGISTER < got ch-ah = RIGHT OFF THE BAT :wink: > and get a PO which is good for only 2-weeks if you DO NOT use that PO to buy a firearm within 2-weeks then you have to take the expired one back and get a new one and have a VERY GOOD reason why or they WILL NOT/MAY NOT renew it

B) go take your PO to your LGStore and go buy your firearm and jump through all the LGStores hoops if you have no CCWL then there is a 5-day wait to take it out their door if you do have your CCWL then you don’t have to wait and can take it now

C) take your new firearm with receipt and LGStore/Validated PO to the L-LEStation you got your PO from within 48-hrs of purchase or if their was a 5-day wait then within 48-hrs of walking out of the LGStores door taking all that to the L-LEStation where you got your PO from and give all 3-things to that L-LEStation to do whatever it is they need to do and OH...also note...and make sure there is the spent casing that was put in the box by the maker of said firearm or they your L-LEStation will want to know WHY you don't have it

D) the L-LEStation that you got your PO from that you dropped off your new firearm with and other paperwork at will call you in about 13-days or so or when they are done doing whatever it is they did with your new firearm and PO and paperwork with to let you know you can NOW come pickup your new firearm and L-LEStations validated owners required paperwork

E) now you comply WITH and HAVE completed my States Legal-Eagle process of their firearms purchase policy

That’s all kind ah …. Well I’ll just say that it seems to me that the above firearms purchase policy in my State, is NOTHING MORE THEN a documentation of registration of ownership so the State Government and whom ever they may share that info with KNOWS WHAT I have, and KNOWS WHERE to find it, AND KNOWS WHERE to come to take it if they feel the need….POPPYCOCK I SAY

BGC so you have no criminal history = YES :congrats: … The above registration process = QUELL :banned:

Other then that, I repeat: “QUILL ANY STYLE OF THE ABOVE L-LEStation or any similar Federal or State Registration”. Again, other then that I say: “Stay the Status Quo”

Read My Lips: "NO NEW firearms/wepons bans, NO NEW mag capacity bans, NO NEW ammo bans, and NO NEW accessories bans"!

That’s all I got for now :smoke23:

#8 ·
They are just making a big push right now, before ( with our short memories) we move on to some other crisis. Remember when it was the oil rig explosion, you had all the save the whales groups, save the fish, save the beach, "daddy plug the hole". Now it just happens to be our rights and our 2A rights. These groups are quick to jump on the bandwagon. It is too bad they don't know what the real problem really is.

#9 ·
Well it seems everyone on The Hill is typing up some type of bill. They are coming up with some of the most ludicrous suggestions too. I'm waiting for Goofy that doggie feller friend of Mickey Mouse in Orlando, Florida to chime in too.

Duuuh I thinks we needs tah doo background checks for anyone whoas guun ah buy ammo....Hyuk..... :hand5:

#10 ·
It is because of this group that I wrote the post WE. HAVE. LOST.

I believe this group will bring most Americans to the "reasonable" restrictions side... And we will lose.

Yep, they both had guns, Gabby had a permit, don't know about Mark.

They are Heros and Icons of "the first magnitude" and it will be EXTREMELY difficult to overcome the impetus their involvement will generate.

Our reaction will lose to their action.

This was a real coup for the anti side, make no mistake.

#11 ·
I believe this group will bring most Americans to the "reasonable" restrictions side...
They are Heros and Icons of "the first magnitude" and it will be EXTREMELY difficult to overcome the impetus their involvement will generate.
It may. Honestly until the uproar over her getting shot, I hadn't heard of either of them, but now they have been in the spotlight a lot with their ticker tape treatment. What I am cautiously optimistic about is how much the anti crowd is willing to spend their hard earned money on their precious bans? I think for the pro-2A group it is pretty obvious, but then we have a personal and vested interest in an activity that costs money in terms of hardware and in terms of licensing, so spending money to join organizations is a natural extension of this. I can think of a lot of causes that I "support" but I am not willing to spend money contributing to their activism. In order for me to do that, it has to become personal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.