What if it becomes illegal to own guns and you have to surrender them?

This is a discussion on What if it becomes illegal to own guns and you have to surrender them? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently read this disturbing "interview" of an insider from DHS. DHS Insider Report: Coming This Spring: "Life for the Average American is Going to ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: What if it becomes illegal to own guns and you have to surrender them?

I recently read this disturbing "interview" of an insider from DHS.

DHS Insider Report: Coming This Spring: "Life for the Average American is Going to Change Significantly".

I don't know if what he says is true or not. So I am asking a hypothetical question of the members: What if the federal government made it illegal to own guns, shotguns and rifles and they offered an amnesty period where one could turn in his/her arms without any consequence? Would you surrender your arms? What if they threaten to haul you and your family away to a detention camp if you don't surrender the arms? The government knows what you own from the registration process when you bought the arms. My question assumes that the 2A is ignored/violated/trashed.

What are your thoughts? (Be careful what you say and how you say it since the government may be watching/listening/spying.)

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawk76 View Post
    I recently read this disturbing "interview" of an insider from DHS.

DHS Insider Report: Coming This Spring: "Life for the Average American is Going to Change Significantly".

I don't know if what he says is true or not. So I am asking a hypothetical question of the members: What if the federal government made it illegal to own guns, shotguns and rifles and they offered an amnesty period where one could turn in his/her arms without any consequence? Would you surrender your arms? What if they threaten to haul you and your family away to a detention camp if you don't surrender the arms? http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...l_1/aargh4.gif The government knows what you own from the registration process when you bought the arms. My question assumes that the 2A is ignored/violated/trashed.

What are your thoughts? (Be careful what you say and how you say it since the government may be watching/listening/spying.)

In answer to your question, it could get interesting and — depending upon to whom one listens — a little noisy.

We won't know unless it happens, and I think the odds are pretty slim.
    Clodbert likes this.

No. I will not surrender my guns. I will, however, use them in defense of my rights if necessary. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
    mano3, sixgun, Jetfuelrm and 2 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawk76 View Post
    (Be careful what you say and how you say it since the government may be watching/listening/spying.)
    Or, if the piece is to be believed, paying you to post what you posted.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Interesting.

Propaganda, or forewarning? Who knows?

All I know is that the next two years before the next mid-terms is going to be intense, and the following two years after that until the next general election is going to be very interesting.
    darbo likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Did I hear Chicken Little clucking?
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Wait, guys, wait. What if. What if the government insider is really a double-agent? Telling us what the government wants us to hear about what they don't want us to hear?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Wait, guys, wait. What if. What if the government insider is really a double-agent? Telling us what the government wants us to hear about what they don't want us to hear?
    A Riddle Wrapped In A Mystery Inside An Enigma? Or just a dork; you decide.
    BugDude likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Or, if the piece is to be believed, paying you to post what you posted.
    That is funny!!!

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Scout_Sniper View Post

Then the Constitution and Bill of Rights have been desicrated and the next "R e v o l u t i o n" has begun.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

I went fishing out in the Gulf of Mexico and I put it on the side of the boat for a second, and then I got a nice fish on and accidentally knocked it into the water. That's my answer and I am sticking to it.
    BlueHawk76 and sebring like this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

What guns?
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

As stated by our esteemed members, 'they' would have to get rid of the Constitution... ain't gona happen...

bridge-for-sale.jpg

However, 'they' could levy taxes so high on known firearms that many would probably turn them in? Or those firearms may fall overboard... that would be several trips for me...
    BlueHawk76 and Jetfuelrm like this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links