Debating Piers Morgan

This is a discussion on Debating Piers Morgan within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by suntzu The only thing I saw was one idiot talking to another idiot Did Alex Jone help? Of course not. My son ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 75
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Debating Piers Morgan

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array cmdrdredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The only thing I saw was one idiot talking to another idiot

    Did Alex Jone help? Of course not. My son has a couple of friends staying here for college break and they are middle of the road type kids (not anti's, they both hunt) and they thought Alex Jones hurt the 2A crowd.
    I've said that around here a few times. Our image, as presented to the antis or public in general means quite a bit. Even if the arguments are sound, the way it's presented and how you say things can make people ignore the argument and focus on you as being crazy.
    Darrow75 and boatman like this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

    Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    7,876
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    You don't debate an armchair intellectual like Morgan on the virtues of history, or the 2nd Amend, or even self defense.

    You have to make it practical. It's like talking to a new gun person about the ergos of guns, when they have never even held one.

    That's why I have invited him to come and shoot with me, so that he can see the differences in a single action revolver, , DA revolver, a semi autoloader, or rifle, shooting quickly at multiple targets in a home invasion type senario.

    By placing him in a realistic type senario, and allowing him to shoot multiple targets with each weapon, it will give him a feel of what is really going on, and debunk the 10 rounds a second myth that is floating around.

    Also by showing him how fast it is to change 10 round mags, and continue firing, this will also show the fallacy in the 30 round mag prohibition.

    Of course, even this may not change a made up mind, but it's the only way to allow for an opinion based on facts.


    ^^^^^^Is this gonna be^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Kinda like having a beer with Joe the plumber @ the Whitehouse?

    I would NOT hold my breath for Ms. Morgan to show up.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

    Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

  4. #18
    Member Array Clodbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    205
    I caved and watched part of his "conversation" with Alex Jones on YouTube. That was embarrassing. Morgan must have known Jones would go off and make a clown of himself. His viewers probably now assume that all gun owners are as boorish and vitriolic as Alex Jones. This worked in Morgan's favor.
    Darrow75 likes this.

  5. #19
    Member Array steffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The only thing I saw was one idiot talking to another idiot

    Did Alex Jone help? Of course not. My son has a couple of friends staying here for college break and they are middle of the road type kids (not anti's, they both hunt) and they thought Alex Jones hurt the 2A crowd.
    I find it amazing how the pro 2A croud think that someone who is passionate about protecting the 2A hurts their cause. It just shows how little of a difference there is between the left and the right when it comes to the topic of the 2A.

    It sounds like you are saying that its alright for Alex to make his case for the 2A as long as his argument is similar or equal to yours.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

  6. #20
    Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Dakota is open for business!!
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    So who won the debate between Alex and Piers?
    Meh, tough to say. A better question is how do both sides look after the exchange? Piers got his verbal, and physical {rear end} handed to him, both a credit and a liability on Jones's part. Its plain as day to see that their are sinister forces at work behind the political side of this, but Alex made it a bit difficult for people to want to investigate further into this. Piers has been exposed as the sniveling coward he is, why else would the guy look like a pedophile trying to get a table for one at Chuck E. Cheese in the last last seconds before the segment brake. People are starting to think. Thats what Jones was looking to accomplish in this.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

    Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

  7. #21
    Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    616
    I despise that arrogant, snarky, Piers Morgan. But Alex Jones comes across as a bully whose "debating" technique is basically shouting louder than the other guy. I'm not sure who is worse for us gun owners.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

  8. #22
    VIP Member Array cmdrdredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    I find it amazing how the pro 2A croud think that someone who is passionate about protecting the 2A hurts their cause. It just shows how little of a difference there is between the left and the right when it comes to the topic of the 2A.

    It sounds like you are saying that its alright for Alex to make his case for the 2A as long as his argument is similar or equal to yours.
    No, it's about the image. Too many people ignore the argument and facts presented when they don't like how someone makes the argument. They probably just say "that guy is crazy" and now think everyone is like that.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

    Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

  9. #23
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,797
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    I find it amazing how the pro 2A croud think that someone who is passionate about protecting the 2A hurts their cause. It just shows how little of a difference there is between the left and the right when it comes to the topic of the 2A.

    It sounds like you are saying that its alright for Alex to make his case for the 2A as long as his argument is similar or equal to yours.
    Educate me on where and how I said ANYTHING you posted.

    I did not say anything about his content. I said he looked like an idiot which he did. He came across borish and not very bright. Hey, it ain;t just me that thinks that. If you think he helped us then sir you are in a minority it appears. Anyways, whatever comes out of Alex Jones mouth is usually not worth the time of day to listen to. But I do more so for amusement. If you want to start a thread on all of the exaggerations, lies, inaccuracies, false and inaccurate predictions, that have come out of his mouth and Infowars I would love to participate in it.

    As far as him or anyone else expressing their opinion I think it is fine. I think that folks that want to sue Feinstein are out there also for her pushing anti gun legislation.

    But, again, you explain to me how he helped..
    Sig 210 and Darrow75 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  10. #24
    Member Array steffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    Meh, tough to say. A better question is how do both sides look after the exchange? Piers got his verbal, and physical {rear end} handed to him, both a credit and a liability on Jones's part. Its plain as day to see that their are sinister forces at work behind the political side of this, but Alex made it a bit difficult for people to want to investigate further into this. Piers has been exposed as the sniveling coward he is, why else would the guy look like a pedophile trying to get a table for one at Chuck E. Cheese in the last last seconds before the segment brake. People are starting to think. Thats what Jones was looking to accomplish in this.
    Honestly, I think Piers must be having some pretty crappy ratings or he is really evil if he needs to repeatedly bring up tragedy to boost his ratings. To his regular viewers, Piers just hosted another gun nut to go with the 12 other ones he's had in the last few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if CNN got rid of him within the next year.

    Alex, on the other hand, has probably benefitted tremendously from this exchange. The guy managed to bully his way onto live television during the most expensive time slot and got a level of exposure that he could NEVER get close to on his own network.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

  11. #25
    VIP Member Array ghost tracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ky Backwoods
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    So who won the debate between Alex and Piers?
    Sadly, Piers did. Alex came-off as a braying ass.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

  12. #26
    VIP Member Array cmdrdredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    Honestly, I think Piers must be having some pretty crappy ratings or he is really evil if he needs to repeatedly bring up tragedy to boost his ratings. To his regular viewers, Piers just hosted another gun nut to go with the 12 other ones he's had in the last few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if CNN got rid of him within the next year.

    Alex, on the other hand, has probably benefitted tremendously from this exchange. The guy managed to bully his way onto live television during the most expensive time slot and got a level of exposure that he could NEVER get close to on his own network.
    Piers Morgan has horrible ratings from what I understand...bottom of the barrel. Alex has really high ratings on his shows. Last night the BCS Championship game was on and they were competing against that. So I don't think the viewership was that great to begin with just from that alone.

    Piers is just like the rest of the left, use a tragedy to hammer your point across. Especially sickening since the latest one involves children.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

    Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

  13. #27
    Member Array steffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    No, it's about the image. Too many people ignore the argument and facts presented when they don't like how someone makes the argument. They probably just say "that guy is crazy" and now think everyone is like that.
    The image of a gun-toting maniac is already out there. To the anti's, he's just another one and not all that special.

    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Educate me on where and how I said ANYTHING you posted.

    I did not say anything about his content. I said he looked like an idiot which he did. He came across borish and not very bright. Hey, it ain;t just me that thinks that. If you think he helped us then sir you are in a minority it appears. Anyways, whatever comes out of Alex Jones mouth is usually not worth the time of day to listen to. But I do more so for amusement. If you want to start a thread on all of the exaggerations, lies, inaccuracies, false and inaccurate predictions, that have come out of his mouth and Infowars I would love to participate in it.

    As far as him or anyone else expressing their opinion I think it is fine. I think that folks that want to sue Feinstein are out there also for her pushing anti gun legislation.

    But, again, you explain to me how he helped..
    He offers a connection between the debate on the 2nd Amendment and everything else happening in the world. Do you think we're moving closer to having an Orwellian style state? If your answer is yes or maybe, then it is important to listen to and understand Jones' point of view so you can make an analysis on whether or not he's right. If your answer is a flat out no, then you are just oblivious and can't be helped.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

  14. #28
    VIP Member Array cmdrdredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    The image of a gun-toting maniac is already out there. To the anti's, he's just another one and not all that special.
    Perhaps, but I'd like to see that image break. I've been doing my part slowly with my circle of friends and family. I'm not a maniac and don't wanted to be painted as such if it's avoidable.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

    Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

  15. #29
    VIP Member Array ghost tracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ky Backwoods
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    If your answer is a flat out no, then you are just oblivious and can't be helped.
    Is that why you're here Steffen? To help us?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

  16. #30
    Member Array steffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Is that why you're here Steffen? To help us?
    Nope. I'm here for my entertainment.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

cnn piers morgan gun debate massad ayoob

,

haughty demeanor

Click on a term to search for related topics.