Debating Piers Morgan - Page 3

Debating Piers Morgan

This is a discussion on Debating Piers Morgan within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by steffen The opinions of Alex Jones are suprisingly poplular and it is important to listen to him in order to understand that ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Debating Piers Morgan

  1. #31
    Member Array Maximpactguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    The opinions of Alex Jones are suprisingly poplular and it is important to listen to him in order to understand that popular opinions he gives a voice to.

    Additionally, we shouldn't be mad at him for the actions of any gun grabbing liberal just like we shouldn't be mad at the tools that are used for murderer.
    Yeah I've been wanting to watch this vid all day. I heard Glenn Beck talking about it either today or yesterday I can't remember but anyways Beck always bashes Jones and vise versa. I don't really care for either. They're ultimately not in it for the "Country" and just to fill their wallets. I refuse to buy into their agendas. If I'm going to support any "celebrity" it would definitely be Clint Eastwood or Heston. If Mr.Morgan does not like how the majority of people feel in this country he can go back to Britain. Britain in itself is making small very very small baby steps towards a more 2nd amendment style laws. VERY VERY SLOWLY


  2. #32
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    6,005
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    The image of a gun-toting maniac is already out there. To the anti's, he's just another one and not all that special.



    He offers a connection between the debate on the 2nd Amendment and everything else happening in the world. Do you think we're moving closer to having an Orwellian style state? If your answer is yes or maybe, then it is important to listen to and understand Jones' point of view so you can make an analysis on whether or not he's right. If your answer is a flat out no, then you are just oblivious and can't be helped.
    Sorry if I expect someone to tell the truth and give me the facts so I can make my own connections. Sorry if I can't can't take him seriously

    Darrow75 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  3. #33
    Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    632
    I'm not saying that Alex Jones is wrong on the facts or has a mistaken view of the reasons behind our 2A rights, I'm just saying that how he presents his opinions is not helpful and may in fact be harming us gun owners with his belligerent approach.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

  4. #34
    Member Array steffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Sorry if I expect someone to tell the truth and give me the facts so I can make my own connections. Sorry if I can't can't take him seriously
    You're cherry picking less than 2 minutes of content to prove your point. Sorry if I can't take your judgement of the entire concept of "Alex Jones" seriously when you make that argument. Did you know that there are only 35 gun murders per year in the UK?
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

  5. #35
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    6,005
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    You're cherry picking less than 2 minutes of content to prove your point. Sorry if I can't take your judgement of the entire concept of "Alex Jones" seriously when you make that argument. Did you know that there are only 35 gun murders per year in the UK?
    Cherry picking LOL. ROFL Truly you jest! I watch Infowars all the time for the comedic value LOL. Want more...start a thread..it would fill up super duper fast. Come on.

    Look, I don't care about his concept since anything he says that is worthwhile gets lost in all the BS.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  6. #36
    Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    You're cherry picking less than 2 minutes of content to prove your point. Sorry if I can't take your judgement of the entire concept of "Alex Jones" seriously when you make that argument. Did you know that there are only 35 gun murders per year in the UK?
    First of all, the US is not the UK. We are a gun owning society and guns are part of our culture and historical heritage. Of course there are fewer gun murders in the UK (where guns are banned) just like there are fewer shark attacks in Nebraska than in Massachusetts. The point that seems to be glossed over is that the 2A was put in place as an acknowledgement that citizens have the right to own guns in such case that militias are required to defend our homes, community, country and our constitutional rights. The writers of the Bill of Rights first guaranteed our right to free speech then as a second step realized that the only way to preserve that key right was to provide for citizens to defend themselves against tyranny and those who would take those rights from us. As Franklin said, you can choose safety but only at the risk of liberty. While many gun owners own firearms for protection against common criminals (a worthy reason for ownership), the greater constitutional issue is for defense against tyranny. No one wants to talk about this because it implies that we don't trust our government (current or future) to forever be benign. But the experience of our founding fathers (and if you examine the history of many countries around the world) should challenge that mistaken viewpoint.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

  7. #37
    Member Array steffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Cherry picking LOL. ROFL Truly you jest! I watch Infowars all the time for the comedic value LOL. Want more...start a thread..it would fill up super duper fast. Come on.

    Look, I don't care about his concept since anything he says that is worthwhile gets lost in all the BS.
    I agree this is not the place to debate Infowars, but I watch it for the entertainment value also.

    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    First of all, the US is not the UK...
    I think you missed the point. I was trying to be funny and sarcastic when I mentioned that "fact"
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

  8. #38
    VIP Member Array Sig 210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southwestern OK
    Posts
    2,017
    Alex Jones is a certified raging idiot. Morgan wanted to make law abiding gunowners look like knuckledragging maniacs: So he invited Alex Jones to his show. True to form; Alex Jones went in his conspiracy theory rant.
    Darrow75 and suntzu like this.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Array Darrow75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    I caved and watched part of his "conversation" with Alex Jones on YouTube. That was embarrassing. Morgan must have known Jones would go off and make a clown of himself. His viewers probably now assume that all gun owners are as boorish and vitriolic as Alex Jones. This worked in Morgan's favor.
    Exactly.

  10. #40
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    The problem is that he probably does know about guns, and he's already made up his mind what side he's on. You don't win a war by inviting people over for tea, you win it by forcing them to surrender. Reference Hiroshima.
    So you think I should attack him, bring myself down to an emotional level, full of symbolic/low on substance type arguements, or blow him up??!

    The entire point, grasshopper, is not to win the war with an exchange of words, but to present our side in such a way that people watching can say, hey, well that makes sense, and I can relate with that.
    suntzu and Sig 210 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  11. #41
    Senior Member Array Warmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    608
    For those you haven't seen it, ihere's the tubes. Larry Pratt of the GOA was civil, well mannered, intelligent and Piers calls him "a schtuuupid little man". Alex Jones takes another approach and doesn't let him get a word in edgewise...after two seconds it's game on.



    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

  12. #42
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,504
    I just watched it, LMAO!

    Ya know actually hes kind of funny. Kinda reminded me of a Tim Conway on speed, lol

    But hes off the deep end.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  13. #43
    VIP Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    2,032
    Whether Alex Jones helped our case or not, it sure felt good to see someone finally get really in Piers Morgan's face.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

    -miklcolt45

  14. #44
    Senior Member Array DPro.40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    611
    I just watch it.. All I can say is cooler heads prevail. I know he's pro 2nd but you have to show restraint with CNN and people like Morgan. He gave them what they want. Talking points. Even Teddy was better. I believe anyone we send in would be made to be a crazed gun toter though. I don't know why anyone would give CNN and Morgan any time.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

  15. #45
    Member Array steffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    So you think I should attack him, bring myself down to an emotional level, full of symbolic/low on substance type arguements, or blow him up??!

    The entire point, grasshopper, is not to win the war with an exchange of words, but to present our side in such a way that people watching can say, hey, well that makes sense, and I can relate with that.
    If he's nobody important, then you're right. If he's the head of a multi-national crime syndicate, kill him.

    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    I just watch it.. All I can say is cooler heads prevail. I know he's pro 2nd but you have to show restraint with CNN and people like Morgan. He gave them what they want. Talking points. Even Teddy was better. I believe anyone we send in would be made to be a crazed gun toter though. I don't know why anyone would give CNN and Morgan any time.
    All I'm trying to emphasize is that his opinions are not his alone. Whether you believe it or not, he represents the feelings and emotions of a large group of people. You might have gone about the interview a different way, that's cool, but let me see how close you can actually come to getting on live TV during prime time.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

cnn piers morgan gun debate massad ayoob

,

haughty demeanor

Click on a term to search for related topics.