Debating Piers Morgan

This is a discussion on Debating Piers Morgan within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I just watched another guest debate Morgan on gun control. I don't know if he knows his own history. When the English army was ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Debating Piers Morgan

Debating Piers Morgan

Well I just watched another guest debate Morgan on gun control. I don't know if he knows his own history. When the English army was defeated and evacuated back to Englund from Dunkirk the English then stood alone. The British Isles were then facing an invasion. Dark and scary times for the British. The British asked us Americans for help and we answered their plea. We sent them our own rifles,shotguns,and pistols. Has this point been brought to his attention? If not, how can it be brought to his attention and receive a reply? Does not his own country's history validate our second amendment? History always repeats itself and Alex Jones isn't helping. Your opinions please.

2. Remove Ads

Re: Debating Piers Morgan

Alex Jones isn't helping.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Some of what was said is very true. Britain took away guns and violent crime rates using other weapons went up. Same in Australia. You cannot pick on the argument of "oh but the US has more gun violence". Yeah but there was an overall drop in violent crime in the past decade. That is according to the FBI. You can't ignore that. Also, how many of the firearm related deaths are due to a gun obtained illegally by theft? A good percentage are not average people buying a handgun to protect their family..

The argument is sound but you see, someone like Piers Morgan who comes here and touts England as the ideal model. That is BS. It is infuriating to hear him.

Especially when he nitpicks one statistic ignoring any counterpoints.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

The opinions of Alex Jones are suprisingly poplular and it is important to listen to him in order to understand that popular opinions he gives a voice to.

Additionally, we shouldn't be mad at him for the actions of any gun grabbing liberal just like we shouldn't be mad at the tools that are used for murderer.
    SpringerXD likes this.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Why is where someone "used" to live always so great? Why don't those people still live there? Please, Piers, go back to your Utopia.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

You don't debate an armchair intellectual like Morgan on the virtues of history, or the 2nd Amend, or even self defense.

You have to make it practical. It's like talking to a new gun person about the ergos of guns, when they have never even held one.

That's why I have invited him to come and shoot with me, so that he can see the differences in a single action revolver, , DA revolver, a semi autoloader, or rifle, shooting quickly at multiple targets in a home invasion type senario.

By placing him in a realistic type senario, and allowing him to shoot multiple targets with each weapon, it will give him a feel of what is really going on, and debunk the 10 rounds a second myth that is floating around.

Also by showing him how fast it is to change 10 round mags, and continue firing, this will also show the fallacy in the 30 round mag prohibition.

Of course, even this may not change a made up mind, but it's the only way to allow for an opinion based on facts.
    cmdrdredd, boatman, JNC and 1 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I would so like to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.^^
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    You don't debate an armchair intellectual like Morgan on the virtues of history, or the 2nd Amend, or even self defense.

You have to make it practical. It's like talking to a new gun person about the ergos of guns, when they have never even held one.

That's why I have invited him to come and shoot with me, so that he can see the differences in a single action revolver, , DA revolver, a semi autoloader, or rifle, shooting quickly at multiple targets in a home invasion type senario.

By placing him in a realistic type senario, and allowing him to shoot multiple targets with each weapon, it will give him a feel of what is really going on, and debunk the 10 rounds a second myth that is floating around.

Also by showing him how fast it is to change 10 round mags, and continue firing, this will also show the fallacy in the 30 round mag prohibition.

Of course, even this may not change a made up mind, but it's the only way to allow for an opinion based on facts.
    The problem is that he probably does know about guns, and he's already made up his mind what side he's on. You don't win a war by inviting people over for tea, you win it by forcing them to surrender. Reference Hiroshima.

Very fine post. As are the others in this thread.

I caught a bit of Piers show in the middle of the night. It's obvious he knows nothing about firearms and US firearm laws and doesn't care.
    (He and his guest spent all their time denigrating the "NRA" the "Gun Lobby" --totally one-sided.)

He should do some research if he's going to address the gun issue, as all the talking heads should.

For example, Mika Brezinski on MSNBC mentioned "bullets that blow people up" on Morning Joe this am. ***?!

Of course, they don't want to take the time to actually learn something. Hell, 30 minutes of study could have them up to speed.

But that certainly doesn't stop them from pushing their leftist anti 2nd Amendment views.

All the while, they are protected by armed security guards, riding in limos and working in big skyscrapers. It's ok for them to be protected, but we lowly plebes apparently aren't as important as they are.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

I'LL DEBATE PIERS MORGAN! Piers uses a common leftist tactic of, when presented with an irrefutable argument, moving the focus to elitist condescension. To those unfamiliar with the argumentative logic of civilized debate the tactic is the last bastion of the scowling aristocracy. Those skilled in debate recognize it as a desperate dive back toward the shallow end of the pool. Come on Piers, toss the gauntlet in my direction!
    carracer likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I'LL DEBATE PIERS MORGAN! Piers uses a common leftist tactic of, when presented with an irrefutable argument, moving the focus to elitist condescension. To those unfamiliar with the argumentative logic of civilized debate the tactic is the last bastion of the scowling aristocracy. Those skilled in debate recognize it as a desperate dive back toward the shallow end of the pool. Come on Piers, toss the gauntlet in my direction!
    So who won the debate between Alex and Piers?

based on facts.
    I'm sure you realize this, but these people care NOTHING about facts. And especially good ole Piers. If Piers gets into a corner during a discussion, he just calls the pro-gun people LOONS...
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

What really pissed me off with Morgan,he asked one man,how can you say you enjoy shooting an ar15 after what happened in sandy hook?That man and his ar15,had nothing to do with sandy hook.It's hard for me to talk to someone,asking a stupid question like he did.

Coltman77--

You're correct, the left knows nothing about firearms. I saw Jesse Jackson on CNN actually saying that 'these Assault Rifles are designed to and CAN bring down airliners.' No one questioned it.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

The only thing I saw was one idiot talking to another idiot

Did Alex Jone help? Of course not. My son has a couple of friends staying here for college break and they are middle of the road type kids (not anti's, they both hunt) and they thought Alex Jones hurt the 2A crowd.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links