Is a CCW permit considered registration

This is a discussion on Is a CCW permit considered registration within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am of the opinion that registration is the first step towards confiscation, extermination, etc. Is getting a CCW and puting my name on file ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Is a CCW permit considered registration

I am of the opinion that registration is the first step towards confiscation, extermination, etc.

Is getting a CCW and puting my name on file the first step towards my extermination?
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Senior Moderator
    With todays environment, who knows?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Not in my view. Your state has certified that you are responsible enough to carry a firearm on your person in public. They don't give them to everyone who applies either. I know a couple people who were denied for some stuff on their record they forgot to take care of. If they gave them to everyone then it would be more of a registration.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Because FL has Concealed Weapons and Firearms License (CWFL) I may have one to cover my concealed knife. Just saying. Now to put my tin hat back on.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Nope!

I like your picture world champ ring 2011.jpg
    Got to meet one of the champs just after they got the rings

Senior Moderator
    If they gave them to everyone then it would be more of a registration.
    You are registered as a gun owner. Your guns arent registered.

Does it matter when push comes to shove what you have, or that you just have it?
    JaxRolo, steffen and Bark'n like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Because FL has Concealed Weapons and Firearms License (CWFL) I may have one to cover my concealed knife. Just saying. Now to put my tin hat back on.
    Yep or even if you wanted to carry around a billy club you technically could.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    You are registered as a gun owner. Your guns arent registered.

Does it matter when push comes to shove what you have, or that you just have it?
    Someone didn't read the thread title.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Just because you have a CCW, doesn't mean you have any firearms. No1.gif
    JaxRolo, Clodbert and sdprof like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Yep or even if you wanted to carry around a billy club you technically could.

Someone didn't read the thread title.
    Actually, I think you were the one who didn't read the title. I didn't specify what was being registered.

We are the ones who say don't blame the gun, blame the person who pulls the trigger.

hey don't give it to everyone. If they did...that would be more in line with registration IMO. As OJDerrick pointed out, having a CCW doesn't mean you actually own a firearm yourself.

So you have your name on file? They already have me in the DMV for my driver license, car registration, and insurance. So personally...I don't see it as anything to worry about.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by OJDerrick View Post
    Just because you have a CCW, doesn't mean you have any firearms. No1.gif
    I don't know too many with a CCW that DON'T own firearms. But then again I don't get out much.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    In VA you do not have to give any information about your firearm when you apply at the courthouse for a CHP. Just present a certificate of training, fill out the form, name, address, have you been good bla bla, but nothing with regard to your guns make or the serial number. The sherrif checks your criminal history. The FFL dealer has to retain the information about the sale of the gun for 20 years, and that does include the details about the gun. The authorities have access to those records any time they wish.If you made a private deal, no record of the gun. Once the CHP is issued it is in the system and will show that you have it if you are stopped by LEO, but nothing about the gun.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    hey don't give it to everyone. If they did...that would be more in line with registration IMO. As OJDerrick pointed out, having a CCW doesn't mean you actually own a firearm yourself.

So you have your name on file? They already have me in the DMV for my driver license, car registration, and insurance. So personally...I don't see it as anything to worry about.
    Would a tyrannical government have a reason to exterminate everyone who has a car?

I would say no. If you register your guns you could get a very legal and threatening letter stating you have 14 days to surrender a "Glock 19 with a Serial# 123456". If your CCW is not attached to a specific gun, they may assume (correctly) you own a gun, but without a warrant it would be tough for them to confiscate them.

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    I would say no. If you register your guns you could get a very legal and threatening letter stating you have 14 days to surrender a "Glock 19 with a Serial# 123456". If your CCW is not attached to a specific gun, they may assume (correctly) you own a gun, but without a warrant it would be tough for them to confiscate them.
    What if they aren't interested in the gun, but they're interested in the gun owners?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links