Got a POTUS reply to Piers Morgan petition. Oddly off topic and disturbing.

This is a discussion on Got a POTUS reply to Piers Morgan petition. Oddly off topic and disturbing. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by xsigma40cal From what I understand, this isnt about 1st amendment rights, as Piers is not a U.S citizen, and thus is not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Got a POTUS reply to Piers Morgan petition. Oddly off topic and disturbing.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    From what I understand, this isnt about 1st amendment rights, as Piers is not a U.S citizen, and thus is not guaranteed those rights. I do believe there is Supreme Court precedent that ruled in favor of deporting a foreign national for "actively usurping the Constitution" I just haven't found it yet. He is enjoying the sanctuary of our country, as he is facing charges in England. The least he could do is show thanks by shutting his trap.
    The part in bold is factually incorrect. You haven't found what you are looking for because you have
    either misconstrued the ruling, been given false information, or such a case doesn't exist.

The provisions of the BOR apply to all present in this country. The word "citizen" is hardly to be found
    in our constitution, and is absent from the BOR.

I don't know what visa type he has, but if he is a permanent resident, there is no ground for deporting him
    simply for expressing his views. Nor should he be. No more than you or I for posting here.
    Doghandler likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

Deporting Morgan is just rhetorical. The sentiment behind the petition is what is important. Nobody cares whether Morgan stays or not. What those 100,000 people are saying ia that they are Pro Second Amendment. There have been few/no National Forums for people to express their displeasure at all the Gun Control talk. The press downplays and/or suppresses all the "good" uses of a gun & plays up the "bad". This forum is "internal" to gun owners/supporters. There needs to be an outlet that can be presented to all the people. The petition is just one way to express peoples feelings about the Second Amendment.

Another form of expression (also getting little play in the Lamestream press), is that "The People" are buying guns & ammunition in unprecedented amounts.

We have supporters, but the Libs control the WH & the Senate. They will try & cram everything they can through the legislature and then Obummer will start issuing Executive Decisions and the corrupt DOJ/DHS, etc will issue many new "rules" further restraining our right.

Tyranny begins with "Save the Children".
    ppkheat likes this.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Huh. I care, a little. Anyway...

First Amendment doesn't protect Piers from deportation | The Daily Caller

However, as the Daily Caller reported in December, the First Amendment does not protect Morgan from possible deportation in this case.

Wall Street Journal columnist James Taranto explained on Twitter December 22 the legal precedent that prevents Morgan from citing the First Amendment to protect his status in the United States:

“Your opinion is protected, your presence in the U.S. is not. See Kleindienst v. Mandel (1972),” Taranto replied to Morgan.

Taranto linked to transcripts from a 1972 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that the U.S. Attorney General’s refusal to allow a foreign journalist into the United States did not violate the First Amendment. The case resulted from Nixon administration attorney general Richard Kleindienst’s refusal to grant a temporary nonimmigrant visa to Marxist Belgian journalist Ernest Mandel.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links