Exercise in futility? Lets propose some other legislation - countermeasure

Exercise in futility? Lets propose some other legislation - countermeasure

This is a discussion on Exercise in futility? Lets propose some other legislation - countermeasure within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One of the news reports that I caught last night that "Binge Drinking" by those in the 20-30 y/o age group....25k people die annually from ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Sticks
  • 1 Post By Clodbert
  • 1 Post By Sticks
  • 1 Post By kapnketel
  • 1 Post By darbo
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Exercise in futility? Lets propose some other legislation - countermeasure

Angry Exercise in futility? Lets propose some other legislation - countermeasure

One of the news reports that I caught last night that "Binge Drinking" by those in the 20-30 y/o age group....25k people die annually from this easily preventable hazard. Tecnically more than those killed by guns (you have to take suicides out of the equation, as well as LEO shootings).

Maybe we should start pushing our legislators, since they seem to be so concerned with our safety, to start addressing all these other preventable deaths by limiting and restricting things.

1- Mandatory installation of a BAC meter (modified diabetic glucose meter), with a backup modified breathalyzer that takes in ambient air, on all vehicles, requiring a retest every 15 minuets of operation so the vehicle shuts down if a failure to test or obviously a hot reading to reduce the number of alcohol related traffic deaths.

2- All public alcohol sales will be restricted to a maximum of 5 drinks per day (bar), or 1 item at a liquor store, and you must have a state issued alcohol card that will be swiped to track and approve purchase. All liquor retail size packaging will be limited to 1/2 ltr.

3- 2% of any and all govt. funding to anything must go to Influenza treatment and vaccination development (since the little bugger changes every year). [2009 55k deaths ~ The flu kills more people annually than firearm related deaths including Suicide and LEO shootings.]

4- All vehicles must be modified or programed with a speed limiter at 75mph, and can only accelerate at maximum of 1mph per second.

5- 1% of of any and all govt. funding to anything must go to development and implementation of speed limit zones that broadcast a signal to the #4 vehicles reducing their maximum speed to the current posted speed limit. [2009 transportation deaths 36k]

6- Ban all sales of tobacco (and I am a smoker - 1 of 2 vices I have, the other being caffeine), and reclassify it as a category 1 narcotic.

7- All children under the age of 26 (as classified by the Brady Bunch) to be fitted with a monitoring bracelet to GPS track them 24/7 in efforts to reduce the number of kidnappings and increase their recovery - alive.

8- All children under the age of 18 to be fitted with a chastity belt, catheter & colostomy bag to reduce the number of teen pregnancies.

9- Ban all pee wee - 12th grade sport programs.

10 - Any and all playground equipment must have approved padding underneath, and equipment height can be no higher than 3'.

11- All persons at all times must wear OSHA approved fall protection when being on any object (natural or man made) at a height of over 6'. [2009 25k deaths from falling]

12- All persons wishing to have a child (either born or adopt) must undergo a full psych evaluation (must have no qualifiers for any psych conditions) and IQ test (must score in the top 15%) to obtain a permit. All persons (biological and adoptive parents) failing to get permit are subject to mandatory forfeiture of child to SS, and sentenced to a minimum of 18 years in prison.

13- All pedestrians outside of any building or structure between the local official sunset and sunrise must wear OSHA approved reflective clothing at a ratio of 10% per square foot of clothing surface area.

14- All persons regardless of activity within 6' of any body of water or liquid amounting to 5 gallons or more must wear flotation vest.

I can go on for days here using CDC official reports. You get where I am going. Flood them with more absurd legislation that looks real good on paper for preventing death and the safety of the children.

If this country is going to go off the rails, let's go for the gold!
    darbo likes this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

This thread scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    This thread scares me.
    Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me that the proposed firearm legislation that is coming down the pipe at the Federal and State level is no less absurd, stupid and pointless. In fact, the above suggestions will actually work in reducing unnatural and accidental deaths. The proposed firearm legislation will not do any such thing in reducing "firearm" related deaths.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

You're not wrong. The proposed legislation is ridiculous and will be wholly ineffective if passed. What's scary is that there are people who actually do think that the government should have a significant role in protecting us from "bad things."
    darbo likes this.

Oops, I forgot a couple

*Any sale of any privately owned item must be done through a licensed retailer. No more private party sales of anything to anyone without a licensed retailer being involved.

*Anyone wishing to purchase an item currently classified as a weapon by the LEO studies of the top 10 items used in assaults and homicides (vehicles, baseball bats, kitchen knives ~ well any knife like object, etc), must undergo a NICS background check and apply for a permit with their local LEO.

Pedal to the metal boys and girls! The cliff is coming fast, lets see how far we can fly before we impact and explode.
    darbo likes this.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    You forgot-a complete ban of recreational boating.
    darbo likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    You forgot-a complete ban of recreational boating.
    Nope, #1 - BAC, #5 - speed limit, & #14 - Floatation device.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Sticks, you really should send this folks like Alex Jones or others with a large media outlet.
    suntzu likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    You're not wrong. The proposed legislation is ridiculous and will be wholly ineffective if passed. What's scary is that there are people who actually do think that the government should have a significant role in protecting us from "bad things."
    What do you mean? "are people?"

Look who's in office! There are MILLIONS who believe in the cradle to grave philosophy.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    Sticks, you really should send this folks like Alex Jones or others with a large media outlet.
    If I thought for a moment that there was a major media that would actually run with this, I would. And by major, I do mean CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CNN. Something that will be seen and heard by the 335 million sheep in this country during prime time.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

I don't know, maybe this;

With the current emotional level of the general public regarding gun control, and current proposed legislation at both the Federal and State levels across the country, I am appalled that such focus is being made at more legislation that lawmakers freely admit that gun laws don’t work in preventing firearm related crimes.

There is so much focus on “Gun Deaths” that in the big picture are insignificant as compared to other unnatural causes of death, that are actually preventable. Evidently 26 in one town in 1 day is unacceptable, but 68 to 150 per unique cause, or 2.7k+ combined per day across the country is perfectly fine. All those deaths could have been very easily prevented with some legislation.

Here is a short list of legislation that our elected officials should be thinking about if they are indeed so concerned with the safety of the public, and especially the safety of our children, rather than punishing the law abiding citizen for possessing an inanimate object, that if used improperly, or unlawfully can cause injury or death. Let’s start addressing all these other preventable deaths by limiting and restricting things.

One of the news reports that I caught last night that "Binge Drinking" by those in the 20-30 y/o age group....25k people die annually in that age group from this easily preventable hazard. Technically more than all those killed by guns (you have to take suicides out of the equation, as well as LEO shootings – those were going to happen no matter what).

1- Mandatory installation of a BAC meter (modified diabetic glucose meter), with a backup modified breathalyzer that takes in ambient air, on all vehicles, requiring a retest every 15 minuets of operation so the vehicle shuts down if a failure to test or obviously a hot reading to reduce the number of alcohol related traffic deaths. [CDC 10k deaths, 1.2k were children]

2- All public alcohol sales will be restricted to a maximum of 5 drinks per day (bar), or 1 item at a liquor store, and you must have a state issued alcohol card that will be swiped to track and approve purchase. All liquor retail size packaging will be limited to 1/2 ltr. [CDC 69k deaths per year from excessive alcohol consumption ~ non traffic related]

3- 2% of any and all govt. funding to anything must go to Influenza treatment and vaccination development (since the little bugger changes every year). [CDC estimate average annual deaths – 36k.]

4- All vehicles must be modified or programmed with a speed limiter at 75mph, and can only accelerate at maximum of 1mph per second. [Who needs a method of transportation (excluding airline) that exceeds any posted speed limit? CDC 36k+]

5- 1% of of any and all govt. funding to anything must go to development and implementation of speed limit zones that broadcast a signal to the #4 vehicles reducing their maximum speed to the current posted speed limit.

6- Ban all sales of tobacco (and I am a smoker - 1 of 2 vices I have, the other being caffeine), and reclassify it as a category 1 narcotic. [CDC 443k annually from smoking related deaths]

7- All children under the age of 18 to be fitted with a monitoring bracelet to GPS track them 24/7 in efforts to reduce the number of kidnappings and increase their recovery - alive.

8- All children under the age of 18 to be fitted with a chastity belt, catheter & colostomy bag to reduce the number of teen pregnancies.

9- Ban all pee wee - 12th grade sport programs. [Mostly serious life long crippling injuries – 25 deaths per year in school related activities]

10 - Any and all playground equipment must have approved padding underneath, and equipment height can be no higher than 3'.

11- All persons at all times must wear OSHA approved fall protection when being on any object (natural or man made) at a height of over 6'. [CDC 25k deaths from falling]

12- All persons wishing to have a child (either born or adopt) must undergo a full psych evaluation (must have no qualifiers for any psych conditions) and IQ test (must score in the top 15%) to obtain a permit. All persons (biological and adoptive parents) failing to get permit are subject to mandatory forfeiture of child to SS, and sentenced to a minimum of 18 years in prison.

13- All pedestrians outside of any building or structure between the local official sunset and sunrise must wear OSHA approved reflective clothing at a ratio of 10% per square foot of clothing surface area.

14- All persons regardless of activity within 6' of any body or container of water or liquid amounting to 5 gallons or more must wear flotation vest.

15- Any sale of any privately owned item must be done through a licensed retailer. No more private party sales of anything to anyone without a licensed retailer being involved.

16- Anyone wishing to purchase an item currently classified as a weapon by the LEO studies of the top 10 items used in assaults and homicides (vehicles, baseball bats, hammers, kitchen knives ~ well any knife like object, rope, etc), must undergo a NICS background check and apply for a permit with their local LEO.

Here are 16 simple laws that would save nearly 1 million people in the United States from an unnatural death every year, and none of them are infringing on any of the Constitutional rights or any of the Bill of Rights.
    Last edited by Sticks; January 9th, 2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: major spelling error, although funny
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    If I thought for a moment that there was a major media that would actually run with this, I would. And by major, I do mean CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CNN. Something that will be seen and heard by the 335 million sheep in this country during prime time.
    I'm serious Sticks. Send it to all of them. What's the worst thing that will happen? Nothing! The best thing to happen is maybe someone will actually use it!

Hahaha this is great. Love it Sticks.

And to whomever said this thread is scary, it's our Second Amendment rights that would ultimately keep things like this from happening, so the impending gun legislation should scare you more.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

This thread scares me.
    We, therefore, must ban ALL scary threads.
    oakchas and zacii like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links