Do you have a responsibility?

This is a discussion on Do you have a responsibility? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Where do you draw your line? http://www.fishgame.com/DEblog.php?p=979#.UO2FA-5Z75a Sent from my Galaxy S2...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kapnketel

Thread: Do you have a responsibility?

Do you have a responsibility?

Where do you draw your line?

http://www.fishgame.com/DEblog.php?p=979#.UO2FA-5Z75a

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I think advocating killing government employees in any context is beyond the pale. This is exactly the type of blog that is Exhibit 1 for the anti's.
    Clodbert likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Strong words...to the particular question I agree wholeheartedly but when the time came I just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I think advocating killing government employees in any context is beyond the pale. This is exactly the type of blog that is Exhibit 1 for the anti's.
    I think that the anti's (especially the government employee ones) need to be reminded that they are preaching the first steps of tyranny and there is a price to pay for tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    No, it's really not beyond the pale... we did so in the revolutionary war...

That said, this article is the type that will be used as Exhibit for the prosecution. And, add that he misquotes Franklin, and you have additional fodder.... It only serves to mark us as uneducated "gun and bible clingers" who want revolution and guns in the hands of children... and baby killers and all the other insidious labels we are given.

If a national confiscation comes... and I doubt that it will... at least in my lifetime... I would be civilly disobedient and not participate. When they came for my arms by force, I would be obliged to defend my rights.

If the constitution is changed... and it could be, but would be a very long and protracted battle over 7-10 years in duration, I would obey the constitution. Likelihood... about 1 in a thousand I hope.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    No, it's really not beyond the pale... we did so in the revolutionary war...

That said, this article is the type that will be used as Exhibit for the prosecution. And, add that he misquotes Franklin, and you have additional fodder.... It only serves to mark us as uneducated "gun and bible clingers" who want revolution and guns in the hands of children... and baby killers and all the other insidious labels we are given.

If a national confiscation comes... and I doubt that it will... at least in my lifetime... I would be civilly disobedient and not participate. When they came for my arms by force, I would be obliged to defend my rights.

If the constitution is changed... and it could be, but would be a very long and protracted battle over 7-10 years in duration, I would obey the constitution. Likelihood... about 1 in a thousand I hope.
    I hope so as well.

VIP Member
    Freedom is not free, it has a price. Americans have been making payments on it since before our country was officially a country. Sometimes the price was paid in blood, sometimes in terms of great financial cost, even ruin for many of the founders. The cost at times is captivity - Senator John McCain comes to mind.

Too many Americans have been getting a free ride in recent decades, relying on others to pay the price. If we lose the republic, what a shame. If we lose our Constitutional rights, what a shame. All of the Constitution and all of the Bill of Rights and all of the Amendments are priceless. Who among us who calls themselves an American can not and will not give everything they have, everything they own, and their very lives if required for this priceless treasure we know as our liberty and freedom?

Wll all hope and prayers it will be accomplished thru the process of debate, education, and participating in the process of being citizens of the United States of America. I pray true tyranny is not unleashed on America in the coming weeks.

I'll fight to keep anything that's mine, because I didn't steal to get it. I'll resist any law I believe unreasonable or unconstitutional, because I have an intellect that allows me (for me) to decide. The same as disobeying a direct order in the military if I believe it to be beyond my interpretation of "lawful". I never imagined I'd be quoting Patrick Henry to myself, but I currently am doing exactly that. I can think of few causes worth sacrificing my well-lived life beyond removing the yoke of tyranny from the necks of my heirs. I am not inordinately brave nor historically rebellious, yet have always been the kind of man who clearly & decisively acted when enough...was enough. I'll go it alone if necessary & frankly (when/if the time comes) will look to no one except God for companionship. Y'all can & MUST follow your own conscious. I came into this world kicking & screaming. I can damn sure go out...the same way. Amen.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links