Words that bother me

Words that bother me

This is a discussion on Words that bother me within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A few sentences from out local rag today. "President Barack Obama wants Biden to report back to him with policy proposals by the end of ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 3 Post By kapnketel

Thread: Words that bother me

Words that bother me

A few sentences from out local rag today.

"President Barack Obama wants Biden to report back to him with policy proposals by the end of the month. Obama has vowed to move swiftly on the recommendations, a package expected to include both legislative proposals and executive action."

The part in red has me seeing the same color.
    "Those without swords can still die upon them."

I am bothered by irregular verbs. Well, mostly my the conjugation of those irregular verbs. Also by the word "nosh".
    iguanadon likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Yup, those words have me "seeing red" too. "Exec action" is only a euphemism for sidestepping the lawful authority of Congress to make law. But I wouldn't put it past him to do everything he's saying (and has threatened) he'll do ... no matter the lawful basis for it.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    A few sentences from out local rag today.

"President Barack Obama wants Biden to report back to him with policy proposals by the end of the month. Obama has vowed to move swiftly on the recommendations, a package expected to include both legislative proposals and executive action."

The part in red has me seeing the same color.
    Me very red in face too brother.

Beer Nut eating and drunken Joe has me off the charts .

This is going to be they think a Ram & and Jam from these two Scum bags .

Me thik its going to get real ugly real fast

I don't like the word...'Snarky'. It just rubs me the wrong way.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

"Foodie" and "Fashionista" have the same affect on me as nails on a chalkboard.

You like to eat and you wear clothes... two fundamental things in life and you feel compelled to make it sound interesting. SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!!
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    every word Obama says bothers me. Only one word could he utter that would not offend me would be "resignation"
    pittypat21, Ksgunner and mano3 like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yup, those words have me "seeing red" too. "Exec action" is only a euphemism for sidestepping the lawful authority of Congress to make law. But it wouldn't put it past him to do everything he's saying (and has threatened) he'll do ... no matter the lawful basis for it.
    It is sidestepping the Constitution.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Kitschy. That one irks me. As well as anyone who thinks they can take away the rights granted by a higher power.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    We can all anticipate the actions he will take, but are we prepared to demand impeachment when he willfully violates his oath of office to uphold the Constitution? Most Americans have little clue of the actions taken by this administration to increase the restrictions on our rights. Lets see, just to point out a couple that will have an immediate impact on us: the democrats have written a bill to repeal the two term limit for the president, approved the NDAA which broadens the power of the government over the people, and now has full intentions of allowing the POTUS to circumvent the Constitution by executive order. This administration is closely following the agenda of a past 1933 leader in Germany.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I'm bothered by anything those two idiots say or think!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Links