D.C. police won’t arrest David Gregory - Page 2

D.C. police won’t arrest David Gregory

This is a discussion on D.C. police won’t arrest David Gregory within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Caertaker said "Cool, since we all enjoy equal treatment under the law"....... Things must be different in Michigan as I find this statement totally untrue ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: D.C. police won’t arrest David Gregory

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Caertaker said "Cool, since we all enjoy equal treatment under the law".......

Things must be different in Michigan as I find this statement totally untrue for most other parts of these great United States.

If you have enough money and fame, you can almost get away with anything.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    They don't want to challenge someone who can actually afford the fight. Just those who would cave and take a plea.
    I think I would fight it with my no charge court appointed lawyer (who would surely lose my case) and refuse to pay any fine so they would have to jail me. That would mean I would get free food, free housing, free medical care (and better care than I am getting under Obamacare).

I'm 67 and retired so I have the time to go to jail. If they keep me for life I will instruct my family to not claim my body so D.C. would even end up paying my 'final expenses'. Ain't America great?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btolle View Post
    I think I would fight it with my no charge court appointed lawyer (who would surely lose my case) and refuse to pay any fine so they would have to jail me. That would mean I would get free food, free housing, free medical care (and better care than I am getting under Obamacare).

I'm 67 and retired so I have the time to go to jail. If they keep me for life I will instruct my family to not claim my body so D.C. would even end up paying my 'final expenses'. Ain't America great?
    As for wanting to go to jail for food and medical care; not recommended. You won't like it; not the food and not the incompetent medical care. Here you are moaning and groaning and threatening to break the law, on a forum which
    discourages talk of illegal activity btw, and you justify it because you think you'll get better medical care in jail than through
    Medicare? Think my friend. Maybe you were posting over the top for effect, deliberately using hyperbole, but posts
    like the one you posted don't do us any good whatsoever. They make it tougher to defend gun ownership because they make us look like potential law breaking screwballs.

Come on now. If you are 67 you are covered by Medicare Part A, you should have purchased Part B (or be eligible for a subsidy to cover it) , and you are perfectly
    free to go to any doc or hospital.

At 3 years your senior, I have had my unfortunate share of doctors and hospitals thank you. There's nothing at all wrong with Medicare . Since you had to mention Obamacare, it isn't even in place yet and won't affect you in any way whatsoever.

I'm sorry if the above sounds political, it isn't intended to be. It is intended to be educational. Traditional Medicare and "Obaamacare" are entirely separate things and anyone your age has decent enough insurance, at least as good if not
    better than what I got on the private market when I was younger.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    As for wanting to go to jail for food and medical care; not recommended. You won't like it; not the food and not the incompetent medical care. Here you are moaning and groaning and threatening to break the law, on a forum which
    discourages talk of illegal activity btw, and you justify it because you think you'll get better medical care in jail than through
    Medicare? Think my friend. Maybe you were posting over the top for effect, deliberately using hyperbole, but posts
    like the one you posted don't do us any good whatsoever. They make it tougher to defend gun ownership because they make us look like potential law breaking screwballs.

Come on now. If you are 67 you are covered by Medicare Part A, you should have purchased Part B (or be eligible for a subsidy to cover it) , and you are perfectly
    free to go to any doc or hospital.

At 3 years your senior, I have had my unfortunate share of doctors and hospitals thank you. There's nothing at all wrong with Medicare . Since you had to mention Obamacare, it isn't even in place yet and won't affect you in any way whatsoever.

I'm sorry if the above sounds political, it isn't intended to be. It is intended to be educational. Traditional Medicare and "Obaamacare" are entirely separate things and anyone your age has decent enough insurance, at least as good if not
    better than what I got on the private market when I was younger.
    Maybe the community organizer needs to buy you some new glasses Hop. He didn't write a thing about breaking the law. He simply said he'd fight a charge (a charge that you've already said you think shouldn't be a charge, or did that just apply to media personalities?) rather than plead guilty to it. He never advocated doing the act, nor did he say anything about planning to do it himself.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Here is where my problem lies..... "equal application of the laws" ... period.

One of those cases was James Brinkley, an Army Veteran and federal employee, who was handcuffed, arrested and jailed for possessing two so-called high-capacity magazines and an unregistered firearm. The OAG refused to drop the charges, despite overwhelming evidence that he was legally transporting through Washington.

Mr. Brinkley refused to accept a guilty plea and went to the expense of taking the matter to court. At trial at D.C. Superior Court, Mr. Brinkley said of OAG’s Assistant Attorney General Rachel Bohlen: “I thought I was going to lose because the prosecutor was so rough. She was coming at me like I’d shot somebody.” Magistrate Judge Elizabeth Carroll Wingo acquitted Mr. Brinkley of all the charges.

So while the rich and powerful NBC anchor knowingly broke the firearm law, he was never subjected to the humiliation of being arrested by the police for breaking the same law as ordinary, law-abiding citizens like Mr. Brinkley did last year.
    The Constitution was for "equal protection and equal liberties" of people.... no matter what their wealth, position, or status in society.
    A rather "core" principle.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    There should be a law that makes breaking the law illegal!
    If Congress made a law like that, they would exempt themselves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links