D.C. police won’t arrest David Gregory

This is a discussion on D.C. police won’t arrest David Gregory within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Shocker! MILLER: D.C. police won’t arrest David Gregory...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: D.C. police won’t arrest David Gregory

VIP Member

D.C. police won’t arrest David Gregory

NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Comment from the article
    One law for the elite and another one for the peasants.
    Yup.
    rigel42, msgt/ret and darbo like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Of course not, because if they did, they know they'd have a legal battle on their hands funded by the news agency and their lawyers (of course, hidden as a 1st amendment right) that would eventually lead to the courts throwing out that stupid law.

They don't want to challenge someone who can actually afford the fight. Just those who would cave and take a plea.

The article states that they called the police department before the segment and asked permision but were denied it.
    They can't even feign ignorance.
    This was a blatant snub of the rule of law, and THEY WON'T PROSICUTE?!!!

I can see showing restraint if there was ignorance, but they were told out right that they wouldn't be excused.

Double standards indeed

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    "All the pigs are equal, just some are more equal".

How can anyone respect the laws in DC when there is such a blatant example of favoritism for the rich/famous/politically connected?
    darbo and Eagleks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    "All the pigs are equal, just some are more equal".

How can anyone respect the laws in DC when there is such a blatant example of favoritism for the rich/famous/politically connected?

VIP Member
    There should be a law that makes breaking the law illegal!
    Last edited by RoadRunner71; January 9th, 2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: typo
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

IMO, we are all to blame......we elected or appointed these people to public office without any type of interviews or investigation into their moral character......we elect names and faces in this country......what happened to people ? We are in trouble because of our lack of interest of who we choose to represent us.....Bad.

Citizens arrest......?

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    There should be a law that makes braking the law illegal!
    And breaking it, too!

VIP Member
    I think some are misconstruing things. Here's the meat of the article: "MPD has completed the investigation into this matter, and the case has been presented to the OAG for a determination of the prosecutorial merit of the case"

Read more: MILLER: D.C. police won
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

An arrest does not need to precede the prosecutor's decision, whatever that might turn out to be. Plenty of garden
    variety thugs walk around until after an indictment is handed down.

Now, I happen to believe there will be no prosecution and should be no prosecution, but things seem to be proceeding
    in a rather ordinary fashion. My recollection, perhaps incorrect, is that the charge is a misdemeanor. Usually with misdemeanors there are no arrests unless the act is witnessed by an officer.

E.g., my neighbor's teens play loud music and I call the cops. When they arrive there is no loud music. They can do nothing
    because they didn't witness the offense. They hand me a piece of paper giving me an opportunity to file a charge with--I don't
    recall but I think it was the City Attorney. I didn't. OK, who is the direct witness other than La Pierre to what occurred?

I really don't see how this is going anywhere unless he is willing to testify that it was real and he recognized it as real. And
    as much as many here might think that would be great and wonderful, it won't be. It would be biting off our nose to spite
    our face, as others here have already pointed out.
    Herknav likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Cool, since we all enjoy equal treatment under the law I'm guessing I won't be imprisoned when I get caught with all those Circle 10s after the big o signs an executive order authorizing the confiscation of all Patriot Rifles.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Good for him

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I think some are misconstruing things. Here's the meat of the article: "MPD has completed the investigation into this matter, and the case has been presented to the OAG for a determination of the prosecutorial merit of the case"

Read more: MILLER: D.C. police won
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

An arrest does not need to precede the prosecutor's decision, whatever that might turn out to be. Plenty of garden
    variety thugs walk around until after an indictment is handed down.

Now, I happen to believe there will be no prosecution and should be no prosecution, but things seem to be proceeding
    in a rather ordinary fashion. My recollection, perhaps incorrect, is that the charge is a misdemeanor. Usually with misdemeanors there are no arrests unless the act is witnessed by an officer.

E.g., my neighbor's teens play loud music and I call the cops. When they arrive there is no loud music. They can do nothing
    because they didn't witness the offense. They hand me a piece of paper giving me an opportunity to file a charge with--I don't
    recall but I think it was the City Attorney. I didn't. OK, who is the direct witness other than La Pierre to what occurred?

I really don't see how this is going anywhere unless he is willing to testify that it was real and he recognized it as real. And
    as much as many here might think that would be great and wonderful, it won't be. It would be biting off our nose to spite
    our face, as others here have already pointed out.
    I guess it's all in your perspective. I think that if they've charged and prosecuted possession of these items in the past, and the laws have not changed to decriminalize the possession of such an item, then he should be prosecuted.

I also agree that he shouldn't be charged in the sense that it shouldn't be illegal to have an AR mag in your hands. That, however, is beside the point because the fact is that it currently is illegal and other individuals have been arrested and charged for nothing more than the exact same action that the reporter committed. Only he's a reporter and it was broadcast on TV...
    phreddy likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

There you go, Hopyard, letting facts get in the way of a good rant. I usually like Emily Miller's stuff, but that's a rather misleading headline.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    There should be a law that makes breaking the law illegal!
    And "playing favorites" in such ways as dismissing such things as criminal charges for one class versus another. Though the same foxes would still be guarding the coop, so even that might not dissuade such favoritism.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links