Pro 2A Rally in Every State Capitol - Feb. 8, 10:00 AM - Page 2

Pro 2A Rally in Every State Capitol - Feb. 8, 10:00 AM

This is a discussion on Pro 2A Rally in Every State Capitol - Feb. 8, 10:00 AM within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat remain calm and win them over with the truth! don't yell or scream at them, listen to them and let them ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Pro 2A Rally in Every State Capitol - Feb. 8, 10:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    remain calm and win them over with the truth! don't yell or scream at them, listen to them and let them explain their concerns, then address the concerns with the logic and reason.
    THIS! I do remain calm DURING the debate. I always point out "see, it's your emotions that are dictating your response to an inanimate object, while I am using logic and fact to present my views" or something similar. Which I think makes them more upset.
    Thank you for the reminder though!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    THIS! I do remain calm DURING the debate. I always point out "see, it's your emotions that are dictating your response to an inanimate object, while I am using logic and fact to present my views" or something similar. Which I think makes them more upset.
    good luck I hope you can win them over!

This could backfire... If the group that turns out acts like a Ted Nugent fan club it would play directly into the worst fears of anti-gunners. Signs and chants that echo sentiments like "they'll have to pry my gun out of my cold, dead hands" it will do more harm than good. Far too many people consider gun owners and advocates as a bunch of trigger-happy crazies. We need to change that to the image of respectful, conscientious, safe, and law-abiding citizens.
    Pyzik likes this.

I'm not advocating doing anything illegal, but there are people I know who would consider any adverse actions against a croud of 2A supporters to be an act of war. The terms "violent" and "illegal" are becoming more and more fuzzy when the government uses them.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Got an email from my local grass roots organization Michigan Gun Owners and they said they have approved the use of a banner and will reimburse me charges reserving the steps and sidewalk to the Capitol building and the hanging of the banner on the pillars.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Anyone in the Houston/ N Houston area want to start a caravan to Austin?

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Got an email from my local grass roots organization Michigan Gun Owners and they said they have approved the use of a banner and will reimburse me charges reserving the steps and sidewalk to the Capitol building and the hanging of the banner on the pillars.
    How sad, we must pay to reserve the steps to a public building that serves as a cornerstone to our freedom and that was paid for and built with the taxpayers money.

As one can see there are not many people raising their hands to participate in the announced rallies, but I must say most conservatives are employed which makes it difficult to participate, not so for the left wingers, the majority are on the dole, and have plenty of free time, after they use their EBT and WIC free shopping cards, to rally for their cause.
    Pyzik and Crowbait like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    How sad, we must pay to reserve the steps to a public building that serves as a cornerstone to our freedom and that was paid for and built with the taxpayers money.

As one can see there are not many people raising their hands to participate in the announced rallies, but I must say most conservatives are employed which makes it difficult to participate, not so for the left wingers, the majority are on the dole, and have plenty of free time, after they use their EBT and WIC free shopping cards, to rally for their cause.
    While rallying is free, you have to pay a fee to hang a banner. If we don't use the banner it would be free of charge.
    You are 100% correct. Turn out is pretty much directly linked with employment. I have taken the day off to attend this. I think my rights are worth sacrificing a vacation day and standing out in the cold.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    While rallying is free, you have to pay a fee to hang a banner. If we don't use the banner it would be free of charge.
    You are 100% correct. Turn out is pretty much directly linked with employment. I have taken the day off to attend this. I think my rights are worth sacrificing a vacation day and standing out in the cold.
    Sure hope you have a large turn out of supporters. There should be a refundable deposit to cover any damage that could occur or a fee if the cities public works department expends the labor to install and remove the banner.
    Pyzik likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Sure hope you have a large turn out of supporters. There should be a refundable deposit to cover any damage that could occur or a fee if the cities public works department expends the labor to install and remove the banner.
    Thanks. Really hoping for a nice turn out too. I am estimating about 50 right now and there is still nearly a month to go to get more.

I'll be there in Montgomery!
    Pyzik likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

I wish I could be... but my family/new job situation will prevent me from taking the day off of work.. im so sad now! Pyzik you gotta get 2 people to show up in my place!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    I wish I could be... but my family/new job situation will prevent me from taking the day off of work.. im so sad now! Pyzik you gotta get 2 people to show up in my place!
    Bummer man! I'll get as many in your place as I can!

January 19 at noon is another date ive heard. Both dates would be great but I think a singleday would be better. And feb 8th might be too late. If something is bound to pass , I think it would be best to be heard before any final draft is written up
    Pyzik likes this.

Yeah, I'm not sure which was started first. But at the time I found the one on Feb 8th had more followers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links