Pro 2A Rally in Every State Capitol - Feb. 8, 10:00 AM

This is a discussion on Pro 2A Rally in Every State Capitol - Feb. 8, 10:00 AM within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think jan 19 was started by nutnfancy. not sure though. Leave it to him to start his own thing. Anyway, as long as people ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Pro 2A Rally in Every State Capitol - Feb. 8, 10:00 AM

I think jan 19 was started by nutnfancy. not sure though. Leave it to him to start his own thing. Anyway, as long as people areoutthere, its worth it

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I'm all in, will be in Nashville! Just looking for exact details and date.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Count me in for Phoenix, AZ
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I just heard about the march on February 8th. I've been promoting the Jan 19th march. It is apparently 2 days before fearless leader's inauguration. I don't see why we couldn't march on both days to really get the message across. By the way, my understanding is that nutnfancy didn't start it, he's just promoting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    I just heard about the march on February 8th. I've been promoting the Jan 19th march. It is apparently 2 days before fearless leader's inauguration. I don't see why we couldn't march on both days to really get the message across. By the way, my understanding is that nutnfancy didn't start it, he's just promoting it.
    Info on Jan 19th please
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    A page on Facebook is trying to organize a national pro 2A rally in every state's capitol.
    I am trying to promote/organize the rally here in Michigan.

Here is the information on the Facebook page... Peaceful demonstration at every state capital for our 2nd amendment rights | Facebook
    I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THIS GROUP. I just thought it was a great effort and am energized to do what I can to help us against this tidal wave of legislation that is coming at us.

For those in MI with me...
    I have reserved the East side steps and sidewalk to the Capitol building between 10:00am and 12:00pm.
    I am encouraging those willing to attend to construct a sign that you can hold.
    We're going to be outside in February so prepare accordingly!

I am also trying to get together for lunch afterword somewhere near the Capitol for anyone that would like to join me.
    I am not familiar with the area so if you have ideas, let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to consider this thread and the event.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments please voice them!

I am new to this and am open to what anyone has to say.
    BTT
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Well I wish I had read this sooner, could have put in for a personal day. No guarantee I would have gotten off, but could have tried. Hopefully there will be more held during the year.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    Well I wish I had read this sooner, could have put in for a personal day. No guarantee I would have gotten off, but could have tried. Hopefully there will be more held during the year.
    You saw the next one is for February 8th, right?
    Tuco

What needs to happen but will hard to keep interest in is repeated rallies every month. And while I agree there should be calm and respectful rallies Im afraid I feel an undertone from some of going in like a herd of bleating sheep begging not to be slaughtered. Be polite but never apologetic and those that just cannot refrain from speaking to news folks in terms of I support a mental health check this check or that should probably stay home.
    This is a constitutional right and battle we are in. Talking about concessions to that right only gives the antis firepower as in SEE SEE even the gun nut agrees with us!!! JMO

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    What needs to happen but will hard to keep interest in is repeated rallies every month. And while I agree there should be calm and respectful rallies Im afraid I feel an undertone from some of going in like a herd of bleating sheep begging not to be slaughtered. Be polite but never apologetic and those that just cannot refrain from speaking to news folks in terms of I support a mental health check this check or that should probably stay home.
    This is a constitutional right and battle we are in. Talking about concessions to that right only gives the antis firepower as in SEE SEE even the gun nut agrees with us!!! JMO
    I will be at the next one in Columbus. I promise not to bleat, beg or blather. I'll show them my Mensa membership.
    Tuco

Mike1956, I would like to go to the one on Feb. 8th, but my employer needs 3 weeks notice for a personal day. I just found out about the Feb. 8th rally. Hopefully more events will be held throughout the year. I think one during the week of July 4th would be timely. Just throwing that out there.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I would like to attend the one in Tallahassee Fl. but it is a six hour drive, 425 miles, one way for us in Palm Beach County.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Re: Pro 2A Rally in Every State Capitol - Feb. 8, 10:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    I would like to attend the one in Tallahassee Fl. but it is a six hour drive, 425 miles, one way for us in Palm Beach County.
    Don't hesitate to look for more local ones, in your nearest city.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Bump.

Michigan is turning out to have a nice crowd showing up!

Anyone else know how their state is fairing?

Looks like it's gonna be cold and snowing for us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links