Pro 2A Rally in Every State Capitol - Feb. 8, 10:00 AM

This is a discussion on Pro 2A Rally in Every State Capitol - Feb. 8, 10:00 AM within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A page on Facebook is trying to organize a national pro 2A rally in every state's capitol. I am trying to promote/organize the rally here ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Pro 2A Rally in Every State Capitol - Feb. 8, 10:00 AM

A page on Facebook is trying to organize a national pro 2A rally in every state's capitol.
    I am trying to promote/organize the rally here in Michigan.

Here is the information on the Facebook page... Peaceful demonstration at every state capital for our 2nd amendment rights | Facebook
    I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THIS GROUP. I just thought it was a great effort and am energized to do what I can to help us against this tidal wave of legislation that is coming at us.

For those in MI with me...
    I have reserved the East side steps and sidewalk to the Capitol building between 10:00am and 12:00pm.
    I am encouraging those willing to attend to construct a sign that you can hold.
    We're going to be outside in February so prepare accordingly!

I am also trying to get together for lunch afterword somewhere near the Capitol for anyone that would like to join me.
    I am not familiar with the area so if you have ideas, let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to consider this thread and the event.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments please voice them!

I am new to this and am open to what anyone has to say.
    Last edited by Pyzik; January 9th, 2013 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks for the heads-up Pyzik! Our Statehouse is in Frankfort (pop. <26,000) so if all the R2C, Pro 2A Kentuckians show-up on the same day we're gonna' be spilling over I-65 toward Louisville & Lexington! 'Cause if you've forgotten your EDC in Kentucky, we'll...loan you one!
    Pyzik likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

That would be awesome to get a turn out like that. I am in the process of contacting every 2A group here in MI that I can think of.

This is exactly the type of groundswell we need... It absolutely must be peaceful... it absolutely must happen... and we cannot be baited to respond to taunts, jibes, or any incendiary verbiage...

If this is done properly, it will be a boon to the cause... We must not be like the Occupiers we must not pitch tents, or overstay. There will be those amongst us who will make us look bad... disassociate yourselves from them...

social media is what has moved the American public to involvement in foreign disputes Syria, Iran, etc. Well organized, this has a real shot at being a positive.
    Crowbait likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Thanks for the heads up. Am going to do my level best to attend!!
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

You're right oakchas, if the idea gets much traction there'll be tour bus-loads of "contrasting opinions" hired to inflame, enrage & infiltrate the ranks of honest, earnest supporters. That's straight from the leftist playbook. Happens every time. And the cooperating media will then intentionally film, feature & isolate the worst representations of our views who'll leap in front of the camera wearing camo & crossed bandalerros on their chest. This is NOT gonna' be simple.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Oakchas & Ghost Tracker, you both make good points. I have been to two other 2A rallies here in MI and both went VERY well.
    We really need this to get positive attention so that the masses can see that gun owners are just average joe's who happen to like guns.
    I have been encouraging everyone I talk to here in MI that plans on attending to wear business casual attire and appear presentable.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

I don't have an FB account, and don't particularly want one. I do like the idea and would like to see if my states grass roots organization would get on board. Is the information available somewhere else or without logging into FB as the link required of me?

Nj checking in!

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    I don't have an FB account, and don't particularly want one. I do like the idea and would like to see if my states grass roots organization would get on board. Is the information available somewhere else or without logging into FB as the link required of me?
    Here is a crude website they have constructed so far...
    Free forum : 2nd Right Community

I want flyover coverage by the MetLife blimp with a VERY big N.R.A. sponsorship logo across the side! I want Ashley Judd as our spokesperson, backed-up by Tom Selleck & the ghost of Charlton Heston. I want honorable, rational, level-headed folks to join me in what I fear is a last-ditch, hail-mary effort to retrieve, recover & re-establish the common sense about which I never imagined I would EVER be required to attend a damn rally. What has happened & where is everyone?!? Am I sooo delusionally out-of-touch that I'm the only one to whom this all seems like...a bad Patrick Swayze movie?

Whew, sorry for the rant. I just keep hoping I'll wake-up from this current American nightmare.

VIP Member
    I hope an Executive order is not put in force before the rally. Of Course the media will play it down ( no matter how large )

Ghost, I feel ya brother. I get so angry at times. I have family that isn't talking to me right now because we are on different sides of this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    ...I have family that isn't talking to me right now...
    Yeah, but just watch how fast the sheep scream & dive behind a sheepdog when the BBW (Big Bad Wolf) makes an appearance. 'Cause make no mistake, he IS on the hunt!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Ghost, I feel ya brother. I get so angry at times. I have family that isn't talking to me right now because we are on different sides of this debate.
    remain calm and win them over with the truth! don't yell or scream at them, listen to them and let them explain their concerns, then address the concerns with the logic and reason.
    oakchas and Pyzik like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links