So Wal-Mart will be at the big meeting.......

This is a discussion on So Wal-Mart will be at the big meeting....... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For some reason, this is really bothering me. Wal-Mart has changed their minds and agreed to meet with the Washington Gun-Grabber Gang: Walmart Will Send ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So Wal-Mart will be at the big meeting.......

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar

For some reason, this is really bothering me. Wal-Mart has changed their minds and agreed to meet with the Washington Gun-Grabber Gang:

Walmart Will Send Representatives To White House To Talk Gun Control

The way I see it, one of two things will happen. Either Wal-Mart will try talking some sense into them, or they'll cave. I find it interesting that Wal-Mart recently started carrying firearms in more of their stores due to "customer demand." Well, duh. That's a no-brainer.

I also didn't realize that they were the biggest gun retailer in the country, so now it makes sense why the anti's want to work on them.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I really hate that store, but if they sack up I may shop there...
    rigel42 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

If Wal-mart caves...............that's gonna mean $$$$$$$ to them in lost revenue.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I have a bigger issue that they were invited. Why? What purpose does Wal-marts' personell attending the meeting serve?

I don't blame them for going. They will have information that others won't. It could help them profit from any changes.

VIP Member
    Right now the only thing dumber than Wal-Mart agreeing to meet with the community organizer would be Wal-Mart not agreeing to it.

They have to show up but Wal-Mart doesn't exactly have a reputation for being bullied by anyone, so just because they are showing up doesn't necessarily mean they are caving or going along with any ideas or demands. Wal-Mart will do what's best for Wal-Mart. If that means giving an inch, they'll probably give it. If it means telling Oblamer to kiss off, then I have no doubt they'll do that too.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Or nothing will happen, Wal-Mart will continue on with business as normal, and it will come to light that this meeting was just for appearances.
    goldshellback likes this.

Walmart will likely ask them to GTFO because they do sell lots of ammo.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Obama may offer them lots of incentives (ie bribes) like he has done for Solyndra, etc. or like big Pharma & AARP to get Obammacare through.

I sent Walmart Corporate an email as a preemptive strike, that said DO NOT support any Gun Control or lose my support/shopping at your store. If the get one email they will ignore it. If they get many they may not. To them it will be about money.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    Obama may offer them lots of incentives (ie bribes) like he has done for Solyndra, etc. or like big Pharma & AARP to get Obammacare through.

I sent Walmart Corporate an email as a preemptive strike, that said DO NOT support any Gun Control or lose my support/shopping at your store. If the get one email they will ignore it. If they get many they may not. To them it will be about money.
    I sent mine preemptively too.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Why don't Walmart invite the Gun grabbers from Washington to a store near us and have an open forum concerning the matter. Could you imagine if we all showed up? Walmart would realize how much Cash people dump into their store concerning Firearms and tell the Grabbers to hit the road..

Quote Originally Posted by Frado View Post
    Why don't Walmart invite the Gun grabbers from Washington to a store near us and have an open forum concerning the matter. Could you imagine if we all showed up? Walmart would realize how much Cash people dump into their store concerning Firearms and tell the Grabbers to hit the road..
    That's what I am hoping happens. I mean, my walmarts (yes plural as there are 7 within 10 miles of me) are all out of just about everything from .22LR to .223 to .40SW to .45ACP to 9mm to .308. The only stuff left is a few random boxes of 7mm, 300win mag, 30-06, and lots of shotgun shells. They have to realize that selling that amount of ammo is big dollars for them.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I agree with 'it's just for show' train of thought. Wally-World is the worlds BIGGEST retailer. They could absorb a hit from gun/ammo sales if it came down to it. It also means they have a lot of money and clout. Because it's business they'll tell any politican to pack sand, but if subsidies or any 'other' profit can come of this, they'll step in line.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Can't you guys see what's happening?

BHO will get WalMart to support big time restrictions on private sales of firearms which will "kill" gun shows and private sales.

Therefore every single firearm sold will have to go thru a big gov't supported sales point. Guess where prices will go . . .

No this is BIG MONEY and BIG Gov't conspiring to control a market segment.

There ain't no good coming out of any meeting with our duplicitous leader.

How would you like to be exempt from Obama Care Mrs Walton?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    How would you like to be exempt from Obama Care Mrs Walton?
    They could just put everyone on part time and not have to pay out anyway. I have read about a few chains having to think about that route. Less than 30 hours for an employee = no need to pay if I am not mistaken.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links