Pro-2A poster question

This is a discussion on Pro-2A poster question within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'd like to do a "pro 2A" poster, like this one you may have seen from Oleg Volk (who does fantastic work, by the way): ...

Thread: Pro-2A poster question

Pro-2A poster question

I'd like to do a "pro 2A" poster, like this one you may have seen from Oleg Volk (who does fantastic work, by the way):

38_reason.jpg

Except I'd like to update it with the text:
    "Maria Cantwell would rather see a woman killed by a rapist, than she protect herself effectively with a modern defensive weapon."

With the photo showing a modern semi-auto pistol, rather than a revolver.

However, I'd like to show a pistol that CANNOT take a mag limited to 10 rounds, so that any "anti" cannot say, "well, she could still defend herself with that pistol, but with a limited capacity magazine".

Anyway, I'm trying to find a modern, popular semi that does not accept a mag limited to 10 rounds, but I'm coming up blank; Glocks will take 10 rounders, S&W M&Ps the same, all the ones I'm thinking of are the same...any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post
    I'd like to do a "pro 2A" poster, like this one you may have seen from Oleg Volk (who does fantastic work, by the way):

38_reason.jpg

Except I'd like to update it with the text:
    "Maria Cantwell would rather see a woman killed by a rapist, than she protect herself effectively with a modern defensive weapon."

With the photo showing a modern semi-auto pistol, rather than a revolver.

However, I'd like to show a pistol that CANNOT take a mag limited to 10 rounds, so that any "anti" cannot say, "well, she could still defend herself with that pistol, but with a limited capacity magazine".

Anyway, I'm trying to find a modern, popular semi that does not accept a mag limited to 10 rounds, but I'm coming up blank; Glocks will take 10 rounders, S&W M&Ps the same, all the ones I'm thinking of are the same...any suggestions?
    FN 5.7?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    FN 5.7?
    Can take a 10, 20, or 30 round mag.

Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post
    Can take a 10, 20, or 30 round mag.
    They make them? I have never found anything less than 20 which is why I said that.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

In order to be able to sell their products in states like CA, most if not all manufacturers make 10 round magazines for their pistols.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    In order to be able to sell their products in states like CA, most if not all manufacturers make 10 round magazines for their pistols.
    Who says they need to comply? Can choose not to sell there, but I get your point.
    -Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Any magazine can be limited to 10 rounds or fewer. All you have to do is prevent the follower from depressing further than it must travel to accept round number 10. But even if you could find such a firearm the antis would just turn it back and say she could have used a 5 shot j-frame just as easily.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Who says they need to comply? Can choose not to sell there, but I get your point.
    Yeah not saying I agree with it but as a business it makes sense to not ignore a market as big as California (which surprisingly keeps electing people that restrict their rights). I would praise a gun manufacturer if they did refuse to comply with such restrictions, BTW I love living in the Kansas part of free America (well moreso than CA anyway).
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Links