James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

This is a discussion on James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet "18 U.S.C. 2383 : US Code - Section 2383: "Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion ...

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree433Likes

Thread: James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "18 U.S.C. 2383 : US Code - Section 2383:
    "Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any
    rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United
    States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall
    be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or
    both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United
    States."

I find it ironic that the country having this law originated from this very action. What this country needs is another Thomas Jefferson, and right now!
    Irony and Justice are queer Gods that never made it to Olympus. Fortunately, the Furies have blessed us with the arts.
    Hopyard and Sig 210 like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    So if a law was passed making it legal to execute Mr. Hopyard, without investigation or due process, you wouldn't resist because that would be illegal?
    Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Sorry Zaccii, you are arguing from an exceedingly flawed analogy. And btw, we do execute without due process, as for
    example US Citizens who operate Al Quida in Yemen and elsewhere. Since it is all secret, who knows whether there is adequate "investigation" or not. I don't see many here threatening armed rebellion over that, and with good reason;
    most cheer the drone strikes on. (I do too. I'm just pointing out the flaw in your example.)
    Sig 210 likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    I've had root canals that are more fun than this conversation.
    oakchas likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    James needs to pack his bags and move on....He's toast....Don't know if true or not but heard after his rant he lost his carry license, his FFL, and his business license, now if we can get someone to take his citizenship....................................... ............He will become the poster child for gun control........
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Yeager is an idiot and he does us and all other law abiding gun owners zero good by advocating violence...
    Yep, now Yeager is an idiot with a suspended CCW. His expensive lawyer will do the talking for him for awhile.

Re: James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updateed

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Sorry Zaccii, you are arguing from an exceedingly flawed analogy. And btw, we do execute without due process, as for
    example US Citizens who operate Al Quida in Yemen and elsewhere. Since it is all secret, who knows whether there is adequate "investigation" or not. I don't see many here threatening armed rebellion over that, and with good reason;
    most cheer the drone strikes on. (I do too. I'm just pointing out the flaw in your example.)
    I was trying to bridge the gap between our thinking, but maybe we just haven't reached the same bridge, yet.

Legality and morality are sometimes opposite, so which do you choose?

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Yeager is an idiot and he does us and all other law abiding gun owners zero good by advocating violence...
    Yep, now Yeager is an idiot with a suspended CCW. His expensive lawyer will do the talking for him for awhile.

BTW: i like these idiots who attempt to incite others to violence against the duly elected US government. Why don't they just go do it themselves? Oh, i know; they're cowards.
    gottabkiddin and Hopyard like this.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I've had root canals that are more fun than this conversation.
    Good observation. Pounding pumpkins and zucchinis from three yards gets boring after a while. Shooting the flames off candles from three yard is, however, quite fun.
    Hopyard likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I was trying to bridge the gap between our thinking, but maybe we just haven't reached the same bridge, yet.
    Legality and morality are sometimes opposite, so which do you choose?

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Both morality and ethics are pretty fluid stuff. One man's morality is another man's immorality. What one person finds
    unethical, another considers acceptable business practice.

US law OTOH is much less mutable. I choose being a good citizen of the US as all of the moral issues relevant to any policy issue are fully wrapped into the policy debates that go on constantly in Congress before legislation is enacted.

The only way to support the US Constitution is to abide by the laws made by those elected and serving under its terms and conditions, and abide by the decisions of the judges and justices elected or appointed and confirmed to office. Anything less is not abiding by the oaths taken to uphold it.

Bottom line, our Congress and our Supreme Court are going to have the final say on whatever
    proposals the VP comes up with. That is how it should be. I will live with what they decide. I may not be happy about what
    the sausage factory produces. I may detest whatever ruling the Supremes make, but I will accept that it is the law of the
    land.
    ElMonoDelMar likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Yep, now Yeager is an idiot with a suspended CCW. His expensive lawyer will do the talking for him for awhile.BTW: i like these idiots who attempt to incite others to violence against the duly elected US government. Why don't they just go do it themselves? Oh, i know; they're cowards.
    Here is the new release regarding the suspension... It appears to be factual. I know he's ticked off now.. It's a shame he couldn't think this thing out better before he went all WWF on YouTube.. Home - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports ... The story is located under the Most Popular section.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Hopyard likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Here is the new release regarding the suspension... It appears to be factual. I know he's ticked off now.. It's a shame he couldn't think this thing out better before he went all WWF on YouTube.. Home - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports ... The story is located under the Most Popular section.
    Wonder if he gives a flip about all that unsolicited legal advice now?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Wonder if he will get his permit back?
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

VIP Member
    For better or worse, his lawyer isn't the one doing the talking. He's still out there. In this clip he sounds reasonable and dedicated to his view. He mentions that MSNBC and CNN have wanted to interview him. If he shows up on Piers Morgan's show I'll have to tune in... that's fireworks in the making.

State suspends gun carry permit for TN man who made viral video - WSMV Channel 4
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Wonder if he will get his permit back?
    Yeah, he'll get it back. The State just had to do something to keep the Feds appeased. This actually could end well for the pro gun community. (But, only the future will tell.)

-

Links