James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

This is a discussion on James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just an interesting observation: I went back through some of the "Idiot OC'ing" type threads. Funny how some folks think those guys are idiots and ...

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree433Likes

Thread: James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

Just an interesting observation: I went back through some of the "Idiot OC'ing" type threads. Funny how some folks think those guys are idiots and wish they would not OC in public but support Yeager who a lot of people think makes gunowners look like idiots.

Both are exercising their rights, both are trying to get attention........somebody that supports MR Yeager here explain to me the difference?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    If it means setting our own personal moral judgment ahead of our system for lawmaking, and ahead of the Constitution itself,
    as some here seem to think it does, then you (generic) and I have a fundamental disagreement about what constitutes
    honoring our oaths of office.
    So you have a rogue president that openly said that he will A) ignore constitution B) Ignore the laws passed by congress C) rule by FIAT

Just what was the oath you took anyway ? Sure does not sound anything like mine did:

that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic
    mg27 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Just an interesting observation: I went back through some of the "Idiot OC'ing" type threads. Funny how some folks think those guys are idiots and wish they would not OC in public but support Yeager who a lot of people think makes gunowners look like idiots.

Both are exercising their rights, both are trying to get attention........somebody that supports MR Yeager here explain to me the difference?
    I think being able to put a face with the person makes them a lot more personable and some people follow conviction which he apparently has. He's a known whereas the others aren't. I still think it was stupid to say something like he did publicly. He's responding to something that hasn't technically happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Would you grant this man a carry permit after seeing this video?
    To this day, I am still confused by the whole concept of carry permits. Why should I have to pay money to carry a gun? And why should anybody have the authority to "grant" permits?
    DRM likes this.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Ive been seeing snip-its around the boob-tube, but same here, unavailable. Any one who serious with their intentions to do what Yeager is suggesting, isn't making it known for the whole world to see through the web. Thats plain stupid. Those who think that a physical front line can be established in our "hypothetical conflict" has seen 300 too many times. Much of what we will see is Cloak and Dagger, and it may get ugly for those on the Gov't side as instances of kidnapping, extortion, even perhaps assassination will the flavor of the hardliners. They'll hide in plain sight. Thats just a preview of how I think this could go in worst-case scenario.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Funny that you love to use the whole John Brown example since he was fighting against what he felt was unconstitutional and ironically enough he was correct, albeit posthumously. John Brown's actions are credited as one of the tipping points that kicked off our Civil War, which led to freedom for all Americans.

You probably shouldn't use that argument any more Hop, because John Brown basically was right, and like many others that fought for what they believed in, he gave his life for his cause. He just happend to do it a little sooner than the others. So trying to say he's an example of what not to do isn't quite the dissuasive argument that you'd like it to be.
    Ah, but being right made him an outlaw, a criminal, a convict and dead.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Ah, but being right made him an outlaw, a criminal, a convict and dead.
    Or a martyr to the cause for which he willingly gave his life, depending upon one's uptake. One man's freedom fighter is another's terrorist.
    atctimmy, TheConcealer and mg27 like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Think about what I posted before you use the L word toward me.

You can not be a supporter of the constitution if you believe yourself to be above the laws passed by Congress and upheld
    by the courts. That makes you (generic) an outlaw, and not a supporter of our system.
    Wasn't the Constitution made by people who had, 11 years earlier, believed themselves above British Law? We would not be a nation had they used your reasoning.
    DRM, B94 and TX expat like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    Much of what we will see is Cloak and Dagger, and it may get ugly for those on the Gov't side as instances of kidnapping, extortion, even perhaps assassination will the flavor of the hardliners. They'll hide in plain sight. Thats just a preview of how I think this could go in worst-case scenario.
    I can think of MUCH MUCH worse scenarios then a few assassinations and kidnappings. The liberals have spent the last 60 years creating divisions in this country as well as inventing and exploiting all kinds of grievances of us vs them. These kinds of divisions have a nasty habit of getting out of control. In the face of economic collapse you could easily wind up with Iraq circa 2004 on US soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Or a martyr to the cause for which he willingly gave his life, depending upon one's uptake. One man's freedom fighter is another's terrorist.
    Funny how you said that. My son and I were discussing this yesterday. My view is that phrase is more apllicable to the Red Bridgade or other terrorists groups in the 70's. In their words: They were fighting for "injustice" for folks in different borders. For some they were terrorists and to others they were freedom fighters.

I know of many folks that consider the Taliban terrorists. I do not think that they are (flame away). They were the de facto government in Afghanistan. We kicked them out of power (not here to debate the hows and whys we are there). They are now trying to regain power....to me there is a difference.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    Funny how you said that. My son and I were discussing this yesterday. My view is that phrase is more apllicable to the Red Bridgade or other terrorists groups in the 70's. In their words: They were fighting for "injustice" for folks in different borders. For some they were terrorists and to others they were freedom fighters.

I know of many folks that consider the Taliban terrorists. I do not think that they are (flame away). They were the de facto government in Afghanistan. We kicked them out of power (not here to debate the hows and whys we are there). They are now trying to regain power....to me there is a difference.
    Those strapping suicide vests to their children genuinely believe America to be the Great Satan. They are truly convinced they are heading for a virgin-filled paradise in their martyrdom. It is all a matter of perspective. We hung Saddam. Does the average Iraqi believe life to be better today than it was then?
    DRM and mg27 like this.
    Tuco

Of offense was intended. I was assuming you were remembering a list that has been posted on this forum and others for ever and the numbers are wrong or inflated.

@TX epat: I understand your feelings but when folks (not you Actimmy) promote totally bogus numbers and basically flat out lie to try to make a point it is hard to take them seriously. Whenever I read anything and I find something untrue in it then I dig more and end up finding out more and more is not true.

You can not combat the anti's with untruths...they might be on the wrong side of the fence on issues but many are not stupid. If one inflates a number of deaths by 10 or 20 or 50 then why would you listen to that persons arguments about the actual history of an event?
    Genocide is genocide. Really, the numbers of how many are killed is completely irrelevant. To quibble over how many were slaughtered in this event, or that event is missing the point, and distracts from what is relevant. What is relevant is that it happens! Repeatedly. Both in recent past, and still going on today.

The point is, you just can't round up an armed populous like they're sheep, and herd them off in boxcars to be slaughtered while they still possess guns of their own. You must disarm them first.
    OD*, wmhawth, DRM and 5 others like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Genocide is genocide. Really, the numbers of how many are killed is completely irrelevant. To quibble over how many were slaughtered in this event, or that event is missing the point, and distracts from what is relevant. What is relevant is that it happens! Repeatedly. Both in recent past, and still going on today.

The point is, you can't round up an armed populous like they're sheep and herd them off in boxcars to be slaughtered while they still have arms. You must disarm them first.
    Where did I say that was not the important thing? And I disagree with you that the numbers are not important per se. They are important when you are to quote a death figure well over ten times the documented numbers to someone that you are debating this with. It comes down to beleivability. If an anti tells me that guns are the leading cause of death in the US I would blow them off. If they argue with at least the facts I will listen. How many tiimes do we get upset with the media when they distort the facts? All the time and rightfully so. I was not disagreeing with the gentleman...just publishing a fact.

I never once said that it was not a cause to the German Jews getting killed, nor did I refute that the denial of arms had to do or assited in the other mass killings.

Just the fact ma'am
    Mike1956 likes this.

Hopyard, just so people can understand your perspective on these issues, I think it's important to know just what exactly are your thoughts on the 2nd Amendment. What is the purpose of the 2nd Amendment (in your opinion), and what is the reason it was put in the Constitution in the first place?

I think it would go a long way in the folks understanding your position in your posts.
    B94, atctimmy, mg27 and 2 others like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Numbers are very important, particularly when Biden assures us that his upcoming ban will be successful and worthwhile even if it saves only one child's life.
    Tuco

Links