James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated - Page 19

James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

This is a discussion on James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Hopyard YIKES---- I can't believe what I typed in the earlier post you referred to. I meant something exactly different. I meant ...

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree433Likes

Thread: James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    YIKES---- I can't believe what I typed in the earlier post you referred to. I meant something exactly different. I meant yeah, he lost his license, and darn well deserved to lose it.
    There is no 1A right to threaten to kill LEOs doing their jobs. His 1A rights weren't denied him.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks for pointing it out. If I wasn't on blood thinners I'd go bang my head against a wall as penance.
    I never heard him state that he was going to kill cops.. NOPE, he said he wasnt going to give another inch.. And I think the minute anyone comes to disarm you in your home, in that minute they are no longer a LEO or a Military person.. They are to be considered liers and deceivers.. If Im a Law enforcement officer and I get an order to disarm law abiding people, Im gonna say do it yourself and find another line of work.. Im glad he was showing how a lot of people I know feel. No one wants to kill people, but its so dam aggrevating to see where this country is heading and how so many on the other side are blind to what is going on, all for free obama phone. God help us!

Re: James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updateed

I think that I understand where Hopyard is coming from.

He believes that our rights are granted by the Constitution.

Am I correct in this?

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    We see a classic example here with Yeager of how we are not free anymore in the United States. Yeager spoke out against the Government and now he lost his CC permit, he lost his FFL and he lost his business license.

So now in the US it appears that if you speak out on a hypothetical situation you can lose your right to carry and you can lose your ability to put food on the table. That my friends IS the tyranny our founding fathers warned us about.
    Double like! Thats the truth.. People are even afraid to say obama I noticed. I remember when I was on facebook people seemed to always use obuumer or the O man,, like they are afraid its a key word and they might be watched and that is not how this country should be...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    This isn't a new idea, look at the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions in response to the Alien and Sedition Acts. Those states claimed that citizens have no responsibility to obey unconstitutional laws, and that states had no responsibility to enforce them.

Madison held the same opinion, and the Constitution was largely his brain child (as far as organizing the Convention)
    Those two were instigated by Jefferson for partisan purposes, not ideology, and he changed his tune once he became Prez. Sometimes how you see things depends on where you are sitting.

Madison is an enigma to me. He started out as a Hamiltonian Federalist and then became an arch anti-Federalist perhaps as a means of keeping close to Jefferson. I've read one biography on Madison that left me with no clear understanding of him.
    I've downloaded a different biography and will have a go at him one more time. I find Washington and Adam's views far more
    compelling than Jefferson's or Madison's. The latter is often credited with writing large chunks of The Federalist Paper but many of his writings were probably ghosted by Hamilton.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B94 View Post
    Hopyard

You missed this part - What is the purpose of the 2nd Amendment (in your opinion), and what is the reason it was put in the Constitution in the first place?
    I am honestly uncertain. My best guestimate was that it was put there to assure the states that they could have their own
    militias. While I did comment the I thought there might at one point in time have been a right of the state's to rebel, I just
    recalled reading that Andrew Jackson would have none of that idea. Sorry, I can't remember the details but I can cite the book in
    which that is discussed as for Jackson's viewpoint.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Yeager is arrogant and obnoxious and deservs to be taken down a peg or two, but what he said was hypothetical and not a definative threat to anyone.
    Any judge worth their robe shoud reinstate his licenses.

Anyone not wishing to go the the hassle of getting theirs reviewed should not be as reckless with their actions and words.
    Just my opinion

VIP Member
    I am honestly uncertain. My best guestimate was that it was put there to assure the states that they could have their own
    militias. While I did comment the I thought there might at one point in time have been a right of the state's to rebel, I just
    recalled reading that Andrew Jackson would have none of that idea. Sorry, I can't remember the details but I can cite the book in
    The same ethnic cleanser Jackson who told the Supreme Court to go pound sand when it ruled his Indian removal policies unconstitutional?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I think that I understand where Hopyard is coming from.

He believes that our rights are granted by the Constitution.

Am I correct in this?

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Close. There certainly are unalienable human rights to life and liberty and pursuit of happiness. But, we enable enjoyment
    of those unalienable rights through the governmental processes which prevent chaos, anarchy, brutality. The governmental processes start with our constitution. All of our laws flow from it, and must be consistent with it. It is not our individual judgment (except when we talk amongst ourselves) that law A or B isn't constitutional. That is determined by elected officials and by Justices, and we must abide by their decisions OR--- by disobedience we forego any claim to being law abiding or claim to
    loyalty to our constitution.
    Andrew Jackson

Sorry, I can't remember the details but I can cite the book in
    It was in the context of the Nullification Crisis. S. Carolina wanted to, at minimum, nullify laws that they viewed as unconstitutional (particularly the tariff of 1832, if memory serves me), and at maximum, there were talks of voting for secession in their legislature. They voted to nullify the tariff (and other unconstitutional laws).

Jackson responded by asking Congress to pass the Force Bill, which would have allowed military action against a state that was rebelling against the laws of the U.S.

Jackson also stated during this crisis, that secession was out of the question. At a dinner with his Cabinet and other politicians, he was quoted as saying in a toast, "Our Union, it must be preserved."
    Hopyard likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    After everything we've been through with this regime, all us have had to ask to our selves when will we draw the line. Now that were here, why are we still asking ourselves this same question? Its on the tips of everybody's tongues. All we have to do is say it.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

While I still have faith that our form of government will work as advertised, the president would do well to remember that the Founders of our nation incorporated Jefferson's ideas underlying the Declaration into the Constitution and, with respect to a citizen's self-defense, into the Second Amendment. He should also remember that, as recently as two years ago, our Supreme Court recognized this when it ruled that the right to keep and bear arms in one's home is a pre-political individual right, that the government cannot take from us, with out our consent.

I myself, as do millions of other Americans that have sworn to protect our constitution, believe that the very existence of the second amendment, is what will prevent any illegal attempts of the president to infringe on the individual rights of Americans. It clearly states in the constitution that any amendments to it requires two thirds congress approval and then the ratification of three fourths the states legislature; any attempts to by pass congress could spark civil unrest and he knows it. I'm sure that a scholar such as himself, also realizes that if the will of the people were behind him on this matter, he'd have a bill on his desk already.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    John Luttrell

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The same ethnic cleanser Jackson who told the Supreme Court to go pound sand when it ruled his Indian removal policies unconstitutional?
    Yes sir. The same. And the same one who had some men hung after receiving orders that they were to be spared as one was
    a diplomat. Yup the same one. And the same one who also told a judge in NOLA to pound sand. So he had a head start on the
    pounding sand thing long before he was elected.

An interesting personality. Not my favorite Prez but as he was very popular in his day, and re-elected, his views on
    unity among the states and Federal supremacy have to be considered when interpreting what our constitution means. Though not a founding father, he was still much closer to the events and the times, and if memory serves he did fight the Brits though he
    was a boy at the time.

Oh, and if my memory isn't failing and I haven't confused a few, he threatened South Carolinian
    secessionists with personally going down there and hanging the governor, 3 decades before
    the Civil War.

Added later-- I just saw Badey's post 280. He got it spot on.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    I can't believe this thread is still going.

B94
    As I recall Andrew Jackson got rid of the central bank and paid off the national debt which has not been paid off since.
    The only thing paid off now are the politicians.
    zzclancy and Sig 210 like this.
    PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT - Live Free or Die

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B94 View Post
    As I recall Andrew Jackson got rid of the central bank and paid off the national debt which has not been paid off since.
    The only thing paid off now are the politicians.
    And which precipitated a depression.

Have a good night all. It time to close the office.
    Andrew Jackson

Sponsored Links