James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

This is a discussion on James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Have I missed something? Where does it say he lost his FFL and Business license?...

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree433Likes

Thread: James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

VIP Member
    Have I missed something? Where does it say he lost his FFL and Business license?
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Have I missed something? Where does it say he lost his FFL and Business license?
    Yeah, I haven't been able to find any solid evidence of this.

Administrator
    Reportedly the State did yank his LTC.

"The state of Tennessee is coming for James Yeager.

Yeager — who made that frightening video promising he would start killing people if gun control legislation progressed — has had his handgun carry permit suspended by state officials, according to local TV reports.

Late Friday afternoon, the move was made by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security.

In a statement, the department cited a “material likelihood of risk of harm to the public.”

Yeager told a WSMV-TV reporter that he is “aware of the suspension” but will let his lawyer speak for him from now on."

Quote Originally Posted by ruso View Post
    Yeah, I haven't been able to find any solid evidence of this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    It seems to me the core issue in this thread boils down to this, what does it really mean
    when we take the oath of office or citizenship (as we mostly all have) to preserve protect and defend the constitution of the United States?

If that means following and obeying the laws passed by our elected officials and the ruling handed down by our judiciary,
    so long as the basic framework of the constitution and 200 + years of jurisprudence are observed, then we have an easy
    decision to make even if confiscatory laws were to be passed.
    This viewpoint is somewhat misguided in my opinion. If followed to its logical conclusion this is basically - I will defend whatever I am told the constitution is...so long as it follows the basic outline of the original document. I guess I just have a really hard time buying into that mentality in our rigged political climate.

If it means setting our own personal moral judgment ahead of our system for lawmaking, and ahead of the Constitution itself,
    as some here seem to think it does, then you (generic) and I have a fundamental disagreement about what constitutes
    honoring our oaths of office.
    While I agree that there is some sillyness going on as it pertains to the 2A and the actions some seem to be advocating for, I would suggest that someones morals most certainly need to come before laws and our system of lawmaking. There is a big difference between doing what is prudent...and doing what is right.

Actually.....here in NJ....he probably would have been charged with making Terroristic Threats.....IMO.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

Yeager — who made that frightening video promising he would start killing people if gun control legislation progressed — has had his handgun carry permit suspended by state officials, according to local TV reports.

Late Friday afternoon, the move was made by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security.

In a statement, the department cited a “material likelihood of risk of harm to the public.”

Yeager told a WSMV-TV reporter that he is “aware of the suspension” but will let his lawyer speak for him from now on."
    Thanks for confirmation QKShooter. I find this extremely interesting and revealing.

Yeager announces nationally that if 'this' goes one inch further that he's going to start killing people. Well, it went waaaay further than one inch - the State took Yeager's carry license - did he kill anyone? Has he packed his bags? What did he do? He hired an attorney to speak for him from now on.

That getting a lawyer 'to speak for him from now on' will show them he means business won't it; I bet that trembling we feel in Tennessee is the whole State trembling in fear of Yeager.

He got his empty threat shoved down his throat didn't he.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Thanks for confirmation QKShooter. I find this extremely interesting and revealing.

Yeager announces nationally that if 'this' goes one inch further that he's going to start killing people. Well, it went waaaay further than one inch - the State took Yeager's carry license - did he kill anyone? Has he packed his bags? What did he do? He hired an attorney to speak for him from now on.

That getting a lawyer 'to speak for him from now on' will show them he means business won't it; I bet that trembling we feel in Tennessee is the whole State trembling in fear of Yeager.

He got his empty threat shoved down his throat didn't he.
    So you support the "Say something we don't like and we will take things away from you" mentality?

I think a lot of people are unable to see the big picture here and instead decide to focus on Yeager.

one more inch lolz

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post

What about his FFL and business license though, that's what Tacman and Ruso were talking about, not his concealed carry permit.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

That's probably the best idea he's had in a good long while.
    Tangle and Hopyard like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Actually.....here in NJ....he probably would have been charged with making Terroristic Threats.....IMO.
    There in New Jersey, I would be imprisoned for carrying a gun, and imprisoned some more with having it loaded with hollow points, no?
    DRM likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    From News Channel 4 Nashville::

According the Tennessee Department of Safety, Yeager is not a certified instructor. When asked about that, he said he allowed his license to expire.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    What about his FFL and business license though, that's what Tacman and Ruso were talking about, not his concealed carry permit.
    I'm not sure Tactical Response even has a FFL. They don't appear to sell weapons. They are taking reservations for upcoming training classes so I'd assume they still have a business license. Its from credible sources James got his CCW suspended. Like him or not, he passes a background check to get this CCW and didn't commit any crimes while in possession of one. He didn't even get a chance to explain himself. They should have put him in front of a judge and charged him with something before just suspending his CCW.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    So you support the "Say something we don't like and we will take things away from you" mentality?

I think a lot of people are unable to see the big picture here and instead decide to focus on Yeager.
    No I support the don't lie and proclaim empty threats you have no intentions of following through on.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    There in New Jersey, I would be imprisoned for carrying a gun, and imprisoned some more with having it loaded with hollow points, no?
    You are absolutely 100% correct.............we here in NJ already have in place the firearms laws that other states would be fighting against....our 2A rights are not garanteed here in NJ according to a state supreme court judge.....no rubber band guns, no slingshots and no knife carry unless you can prove a need...like work related or you have in your possession a hunting or fishing license....otherwise the knife in the pocket is a concealed weapon......go to the gray bar hotel....NG.

Links