James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

This is a discussion on James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Re: Part in bold I encourage everyone to be politically active in any way they can. I've posted that here many ...

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree433Likes

Thread: James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Re: Part in bold
    I encourage everyone to be politically active in any way they can. I've posted that here many times through the years.
    Nothing stops any of us from writing, from assembling, from running for office. My whole point here is that lawful
    political action is the only action available to those who swore to preserve, protect, and defend our constitution. Violence,
    threats of violence, are simply law breaking--- that's how the fellow lost his license and harmed all legitimate sane
    and law abiding gun owners.
    This is what I wanted to know and we are in agreement on this point at this time. I haven't seen you encourage political activism in your recent responses but I haven't been a member of this forum very long either. Thanks for providing context of your view.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    You are absolutely 100% correct.............we here in NJ already have in place the firearms laws that other states would be fighting against....our 2A rights are not garanteed here in NJ according to a state supreme court judge.....no rubber band guns, no slingshots and no knife carry unless you can prove a need...like work related or you have in your possession a hunting or fishing license....otherwise the knife in the pocket is a concealed weapon......go to the gray bar hotel....NG.
    All that, and a guv who thinks it is all just great. I feel for you folks, I really do.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    ...He didn't even get a chance to explain himself. They should have put him in front of a judge and charged him with something before just suspending his CCW.
    I understand your position, I kinda sympathize with it, but Yeager made it pretty clear, he said, "...if it goes one inch further I'm gonna start killing people." Not killing animals or paper targets, but people. The only ambiguity in his statement is who he intends to start killing and when. It has gone one inch further so either he lied from the start, or he is about to begin the killing.

Since I don't live all that far from him, am I in danger from him? If not, then who is it he intends to start killing?
    Hopyard likes this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I understand your position, I kinda sympathize with it, but Yeager made it pretty clear, he said, "...if it goes one inch further I'm gonna start killing people." Not killing animals or paper targets, but people. The only ambiguity in his statement is who he intends to start killing and when. It has gone one inch further so either he lied from the start, or he is about to begin the killing.
    Depending on the context of what "it" is, if it goes one inch further, most of us are going to start killing people, or at least try. If criminals come to invade my home to do me and mine harm, I am going to start killing them. By law, I am allowed to. Should they lift my permit for saying so loudly and publicly?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Depending on the context of what "it" is, if it goes one inch further, most of us are going to start killing people, or at least try. If criminals come to invade my home to do me and mine harm, I am going to start killing them. By law, I am allowed to. Should they lift my permit for saying so loudly and publicly?
    Maybe I have the wrong impression then. The video was taken down before I could see it. But from everything said, it seemed to be more than a statement on self-defense.

Why would one 'pack his bag' in order to defend ones self? Is he saying that crime is now so bad that we have to leave our homes (pack a bag) in order to be safe, or was the 'it' driving him to make such statements something other than lawful self-defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    That was not what Yeager was talking about. If you did not get the impression he was talking about the government then we saw totally different videos

He was not talking about BG's.
    Hopyard, Tangle and AZJD1968 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    No I support the don't lie and proclaim empty threats you have no intentions of following through on.
    That isn't really an answer to my question.

I saw the original. He explicitly stated he was talking about killing government agents or employees coming for guns, then later made the "one inch further" statement. There was zero question in my mind what he meant. Now, "one in further" was quite a line to draw. One could assume that would mean anything from continuing to talk about gun control to actually passing a law to physically trying to remove guns from homes. What exactly he meant by an inch is up for debate, but what he meant by "killing people" is not, in my opinion.
    Hopyard and Tangle like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    I'm not sure Tactical Response even has a FFL. They don't appear to sell weapons. They are taking reservations for upcoming training classes so I'd assume they still have a business license. Its from credible sources James got his CCW suspended. Like him or not, he passes a background check to get this CCW and didn't commit any crimes while in possession of one. He didn't even get a chance to explain himself. They should have put him in front of a judge and charged him with something before just suspending his CCW.
    Good point! I'm not sure why people started saying that then lol.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    That isn't really an answer to my question.
    Didn't you ask, "So you support the "Say something we don't like and we will take things away from you" mentality?"

I answered that very specifically with the very first word of my reply, "No".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Good point! I'm not sure why people started saying that then lol.
    You replied to this comment by a participant: " He didn't even get a chance to explain himself. They should have put him in front of a judge and charged him with something before just suspending his CCW."

In most states, the authorities who issue licenses and permits of all kinds, typically have the right to suspend or
    revoke those on their own and without going to a judge. If someone feels that losing their building permit
    over a dispute on the zoning code is unjust, they then can take their complaint to a judge.

Here, just a non-gun example, I had a friend who was an administrative law judge for the state. Someone has a dispute
    with an agency, in his case it was water use rights, they take their complaint to an administrative law judge, and then
    can appeal to the district court if they lose.

This man administratively lost his licenses. He has avenues of appeal to get them back. I doubt (based on
    what I saw) that he will be successful, but he has not been denied any due process.
    Last edited by Hopyard; January 14th, 2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar fix
    rigel42 likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Administrator
    OK...I've had it!!! That's It!!!

I'm not going to allow this Yeager thread to continue ONE INCH LONGER!!!

DO YOU HEAR ME PEOPLE....NOT ONE MORE COMMENT!!! ~ NOT ONE MORE!!!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator

DO YOU HEAR ME PEOPLE????....NOT ONE MORE COMMENT!!! ~ NOT ONE MORE!!!
    TX expat and Tangle like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

DO YOU HEAR ME PEOPLE????....NOT ONE MORE COMMENT!!! ~ NOT ONE MORE!!!
    Tell me what I have to do to get this root canal locked and I'll gladly fire the first shot.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Links