James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated - Page 23

James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

This is a discussion on James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by QKShooter I think I actually want to take this discussion a bit further. ... Can you imagine NOW if (by some miracle) ...

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree433Likes

Thread: James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I think I actually want to take this discussion a bit further. ...
    Can you imagine NOW if (by some miracle) he somehow manages to get his LTC legally reinstated and he is involved in a future justified self-defense shooting?
    Especially in his home State where the State Attorney General needs to make a decision as to if his case will go to trial...or not?
    That would get ugly. Not as ugly as those stupid Affliction t-shirts, but ugly nonetheless.
    SayVandelay likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    We see a classic example here with Yeager of how we are not free anymore in the United States. Yeager spoke out against the Government and now he lost his CC permit, he lost his FFL and he lost his business license.

So now in the US it appears that if you speak out on a hypothetical situation you can lose your right to carry and you can lose your ability to put food on the table. That my friends IS the tyranny our founding fathers warned us about.
    Sorry that I am contributing to the continued life of this thread, but I have a question about this statement:

If this much debated video would have been created by male high school student and the government that was spoken out against was the school, should the authorities intervene? Is this tyranny? I am honestly not trying to be argumentative, just trying to see the difference in these two hypothetical scenarios and I'm having a hard time.
    Hopyard likes this.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    Sorry that I am contributing to the continued life of this thread, but I have a question about this statement:

If this much debated video would have been created by male high school student and the government that was spoken out against was the school, should the authorities intervene? Is this tyranny? I am honestly not trying to be argumentative, just trying to see the difference in these two hypothetical scenarios and I'm having a hard time.
    Saying you're going to kill someone, without actually specifying whom and without having actual plans, is not illegal. "I'll kill whoever steps on my shoes!" See? Should I get in trouble for saying that on the internet?

He will be very successful with a civil rights suit. He didn't yell 'fire', he didn't threaten an individual, he was speaking his mind and governmental agencies punished him for it. I thought it was stupid, but not as stupid as what's being done to him in return.

Well, "I'll kill whoever steps on my shoes" may be a little generic. Try this:

(From our hypothetical male high school student): "If the school takes away (fill in blank), I swear I'm gonna grab my rifle and some mags and go shoot some people...." See? Are we not, when speaking of the mental health aspect of this violence/mass shooting problem, asking for some sort of intervention in situations like this?
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    Well, "I'll kill whoever steps on my shoes" may be a little generic. Try this:

(From our hypothetical male high school student): "If the school takes away (fill in blank), I swear I'm gonna grab my rifle and some mags and go shoot some people...." See? Are we not, when speaking of the mental health aspect of this violence/mass shooting problem, asking for some sort of intervention in situations like this?
    An astute example.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Half the problem is they didn't fit.
    There isn't a tighter shirt... they checked.
    Tangle likes this.

Senior Moderator
    In the case of the Virgina Tech murderer there were indicators of mental issues, and no one did anything - 31 people died. In the Sandy Hook case, the murderer was known to have mental issues, no one did anything, what 21 people died.

I had a student in my class that was struggling. We were doing a lab, and I noticed he was putting his parts and equipment up and I knew there was no way he could be finished, so I asked him. He jumped up and yelled, "I've got more going on in my life than this lab! I hate the Christmas Holidays - I might as well take my gun and shoot myself". Might that be an indicator of a dangerous condition? Should I have just let it go so as not to violate his First Amendment rights?

Could he have just as easily yelled, "If I'm pushed another inch, I'll start killing people."? Later he tried to kill himself by drinking antifreeze - he nearly succeeded.

So we look at indicators and have to decide to take no action or take action. After hearing a man with a handgun permit express anger, stress, and frustration with government officials and going to the trouble of making a video to and clearly say that if they went an inch further he would start killing them, and in light of what has happened in the past with people that have aberrations like this, why is anyone surprised that the State took some minimal action?

Shall they wait until he puts actions to his words and then get blamed for not heeding the indicators?

Let me ask, how many think the things that were said and the way they were said, came from a rational mind? I don't. How many of us would get on YouTube and announce that if our public officials went one more inch you would pack your bags and start killing them? How many of us would get on YouTube and announce that we don't need anyone giving us advise because we don't care?

I do not see what was said in the videos as coming from a rationale, stable mind.

I realize we may be angry and frustrated, but how many of you are preparing a video to announce you're about to kill government officials?
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Tangle--

I don't feel qualified to diagnose anyone's mental status.

I don't believe there is a 'line' that will be clearly defined. During Hannity's show last Friday, I believe, he had several of the NY residents (gun owners) who were 'outed' by the Journal News. I found it interesting that when asked they all agreed that the anti-gun movement isn't solely about AR-15's, but is a stepping stone to a total ban. When asked if they would defy Cuomo's confiscation, if it comes, and they all said yes. They threatened no one, but how are they going to defy gun confiscation? Force? Who knows? But they are ALL on record (and video) stating that they would defy the law.

I'm defending no one-but there have been DIRECT threats to individuals, by an organization that is made up of another race, that were never challenged.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    Tangle--

I don't believe there is a 'line' that will be clearly defined. During Hannity's show last Friday, I believe, he had several of the NY residents (gun owners) who were 'outed' by the Journal News. I found it interesting that when asked they all agreed that the anti-gun movement isn't solely about AR-15's, but is a stepping stone to a total ban. When asked if they would defy Cuomo's confiscation, if it comes, and they all said yes. They threatened no one, but how are they going to defy gun confiscation? Force? Who knows? But they are ALL on record (and video) stating that they would defy the law.

I'm defending no one-but there have been DIRECT threats to individuals, by an organization that is made up of another race, that were never challenged.
    They could easily defy gun confiscation by moving to, let's say, Texas. No threats of violence.
    8th ID likes this.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Tangle--

You don't have to decide that. By 'we' I meant we as a State. Who do you think should decide whether a person threatening to kill people is rational or not? If the State decided there is reasonable cause to take his CC permit, would you disagree with the State's decision?

...I don't believe there is a 'line' that will be clearly defined.
    So how should the State respond to people that publicly announce their intentions to start killing government officials?

...During Hannity's show last Friday, I believe, he had several of the NY residents (gun owners) who were 'outed' by the Journal News. I found it interesting that when asked they all agreed that the anti-gun movement isn't solely about AR-15's, but is a stepping stone to a total ban. When asked if they would defy Cuomo's confiscation, if it comes, and they all said yes. They threatened no one, but how are they going to defy gun confiscation? Force? Who knows? But they are ALL on record (and video) stating that they would defy the law.
    Are you thinking all men that threaten to kill government officials should be treated with 'hands off' because some groups are threatening to defy gun confiscation? We realize of course, one is a threat to kill public officials, the other is not a threat to kill at all. Both wrong, just really different levels.

...I'm defending no one-but there have been DIRECT threats to individuals, by an organization that is made up of another race, that were never challenged.
    But action should have been taken against them right? Should the lack of action in one case nullify the need for action when someone threatens to kill government officials?

This should not even be debatable for us as responsible gun owners. We have a right, and a duty, to declare people who threaten violence with a gun like this to be exiled from our fellowship. It is our duty to police our own ranks. In case you dont get it, this type of threats that have been carried out are what have brought us to this point now.

We have got to speak up when someone is out of line, and Yeager, especially in light of the current threat to our rights, should have been man enough, and professional enough, to control his emotions, and keep his damn mouth shut.

Hey Yeager, does that offer still stand?
    Tangle, AZJD1968 and BeefyG like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    This should not even be debatable for us as responsible gun owners. We have a right, and a duty, to declare people who threaten violence with a gun like this to be exiled from our fellowship. It is our duty to police our own ranks. In case you dont get it, this type of threats that have been carried out are what have brought us to this point now.

We have got to speak up when someone is out of line, and Yeager, especially in light of the current threat to our rights, should have been man enough, and professional enough, to control his emotions, and keep his damn mouth shut.

Hey Yeager, does that offer still stand?
    We need an AMEN button!

And your signature pretty well describes the situation.

But, what offer???

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    You talking about his challenge for anyone to call him a coward to his face?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    We need an AMEN button!

But, what offer???
    His offer to call him a coward to his face. I dont know if he is or not...but, with his type of stupid shooting off at the mouth, maybe he has forgotten what boot leather tastes like.
    Tangle, OldVet and WHEC724 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You talking about his challenge for anyone to call him a coward to his face?
    Yeah, yeah, I know...old lion and young lion...but still..

Sponsored Links