James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

This is a discussion on James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by WHEC724 It bothers me how glibly some are talking about civil war. How many of these cavalier patriots have fought a war ...

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
Like Tree433Likes

Thread: James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    It bothers me how glibly some are talking about civil war. How many of these cavalier patriots have fought a war before? Of any war, what could be worse than another civil war? That should be the absolute last course of action.

There are many many legal actions to be taken prior to spilling blood. At this point, we don't even have legislation to react to yet. Yeesh.
    This is still the best statement from the whole thread
    Hopyard, Doghandler and Clodbert like this.

2. Remove Ads

Re: James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Just so we're clear here. The death threats weren't made in his castle - they were made in public and all over the world. How is that in any way something said in his castle? That is clearly as much in the public domain as saying it in the streets is.

The guy publicly announced his intentions to start killing people if they displeased him further.
    I was supposing QKShooter's supposition, not Yeager's.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Re: James Yeager says "pack your bags" Updated

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    If it goes one step further...I'm gonna start eatin' people.
    With a nice chianti and fava beens.
    Rock and Glock, 8th ID and BeefyG like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    If it goes one step further...I'm gonna start eatin' people.
    Bath salts?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Only if he goes for the face

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    I challenge YOU to show a single post of mine where I threatened anyone. Glockman made a threat, period. A threat, no matter how small is still a threat. So, by your logic, IF the government, etc. had actually 'challenged' JY, then it would be OK for him to threaten the governement? Now that is some logic right there! Are we not reading the same words? I'm not defending anyone who makes threats like JY. I'm simply pointing out that ANY threats/silly talk/chest pumping/kicking in of faces, etc. does the gun community no good.
    I apologize for the ambiguity. I wasn't saying you said anything threatening at all. I was referring to the posts you questioned as threats.

My question, "What are you doing?" was with regard to your statement, "I'm not defending anyone who threatens peoples lives." That stated what you were not doing, I was curious what you are doing.

There is a world of difference in humorous threats and serious threats. We see people making threatening remarks commonly and we either laugh with them realizing it's 'talk' or we start to get serious because we realize the threat is serious, not a joke.

The posters were poking fun at Yeager. OTOH, Yeager was announcing to the world he was about to start killing people if they displeased him further.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I see it like this. If he committed a crime (and he may very well have) then he should be prosecuted. If he didn't then the "man" should leave him alone.

The reason I say we are not free is because, unlike a true freedom, we have to pander to or government (local, state or national) in order to get licensed for everyday normal things. Things like carrying a gun or having your own business. Things like owning a dog or producing milk.

That's the problem in America. It's a problem because when they want to the Government can lean on you for compliance. "What? You're not happy? Well how bout we take away you business license? Oh, still upset? How bout we cite you for a made up EPA violation." And on and on.

Our government is way out of control. It has it tentacles in things it was NEVER supposed to be involved in. Everyone I know walks around in fear of one thing or another and the list of things to hammer you is so vast that there is always something they can get you on.
    This is not about the government being over oppressive. This is about a man that got on YouTube and threatened to murder government officials if they displeased him further.

Our government passes laws and acts on them to protect society. They keep people without driver's licenses off the road. They make dairies and food producers to adhere to certain quality standards to protect society from outbreaks of disease. They set reasonable regulations for certain kinds of animals that have been and could be problematic in society.

I disagree with the handgun license to carry; I disagreed with it from the start; it immediately changed a right to a state granted privilege. But I'm not announcing that if they don't change it I'm gonna start killing government people.

And yes, the government may over-reach in some areas. But as it stands, I can carry a concealed handgun just about any place I want to. I can own as many ARs, shotguns and handguns as I want and shoot them freely as long as I don't endanger anyone. Name another nation that allows their citizens to do that.

Yeager publicly threatened to murder people if they displeased him any further. Not just publicly but announced the threat world-wide. The State either has to do something or do nothing. As a first step, they took his CC permit. Maybe they took that as a minimal first step to see if he would make good on his threat. Maybe they took that minimal step to see if it would encourage an adjustment of attitude. Maybe they took that as a rational approach to stem any further threats. Maybe they did that as a bargaining chip so they wouldn't have to lock the guy up or force some undesirable confrontation. Maybe they took his CCW to remind him he was still under the authority of law and further threats to government officials will be taken seriously.
    Clodbert and Hopyard like this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Links