What have you done lately to strengthen our 2A position?

This is a discussion on What have you done lately to strengthen our 2A position? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'll start with just a quick summary: 1. Upgraded my NRA Life member to Endowment 2. Gifted 5 NRA Life memberships 3. Gifted 1 Annual ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What have you done lately to strengthen our 2A position?

VIP Member

I'll start with just a quick summary:

1. Upgraded my NRA Life member to Endowment
    2. Gifted 5 NRA Life memberships
    3. Gifted 1 Annual NRA membership
    4. Gifted 7 Gun Owners of America memberships
    5. Written my two Senators and Representative three times each.
    6. Helped my neighbor sign up some of his family members to the NRA.
    7. Personally talked about this to others, but I'm preaching to the choir. 100% have said gun contol is not the answer.

I've got some more ideas/plans:
    I'd like to see a nice color handout done that contains some truthful relevant Q&A and talking points to pass along to others.
    I'll attend every rally that I can possibly go to.
    Donate to the Second Amendment Foundation.
    I'm on DC more than any other forum, but I need to check some of the other gun-related forums out and hopefully see/encourage them to get involved and do something.

What have ya'll done and do you have any more plans to keep this rolling?
    Seriously if you've done something and want to keep it private that's fine too.
    BugDude likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Have gifted my stepson with an NRA membership.
    Plan to gift my other stepson and my grandson with NRA memberships when I get paid again.
    Have emailed my Senators, Congressman and President Obama 3 times.
    Spent every dime I can afford on firearms and related gear.
    My wife and I plan to attend our state capitol 2nd Ammendment rights march on Jan 19.

Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Gifted a couple NRA memberships. Assisted a couple friends in selecting a handgun and showing them the steps to obtain their CCW. I've written to all my reps and senators. Only one has a good track record, but I can only try.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    I've written to all my reps and senators. Only one has a good track record, but I can only try.
    The letter writing is super-important. Don't let the "iffy" one discourage you from conveying your wishes to them, it's not a hopeless case. Their staff keeps the stats of pros and cons of incoming letters and phone calls like this. Big numbers catches their eyes and makes an impact.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Hey guys. I'm a new member here, this is my first post actually, but I have done a few things in the past few weeks that I feel are steps in the right direction.

Firstly, I joined the NRA. I wrote all of my senators, congressman, Obama, and Biden. I'm talking about this much more openly than I ever would thought that I ever would have in the past. I've also applied for my CCW as well and intend on using that right everyday.

I've been lurking here for a while, so I'm glad that I've finally started contributing to the site.
    BugDude and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

This is not going to be a thread hijack as it is directly related to what is asked in the post. Here is what you can do as a gun owner.

Whether you like Nutnfancy or not, he is attempting to organize gun owners through a series of "Call to Action" videos.

This is going to be a series of short 15 minute videos with specific actions for gun owners to take. So, for people who aren't sure what they can do as an individual, these video's will lay out an actionable plan and steps you can take to help preserve the Constitution.

These are his first two videos in the series he intends to produce.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have written a few rounds of letters to all my representatives as well as Biden, Obama, Boehner, and Reid. And I've finally joined the NRA. I am looking to go to some rally's but the only one I found so far in Denver was today and I am out of town for work. I can't believe there aren't more planned around here. I might have to try and organize one myself.

I have joined the NRA
    Changed the mind of a few friends who were on the other side of the fence.
    Took friends who were on the fence about purchasing guns to the range and got them in touch with a quality instructor.
    I am going to start the letter writing soon.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    This is not going to be a thread hijack as it is directly related to what is asked in the post. Here is what you can do as a gun owner.

Whether you like Nutnfancy or not, he is attempting to organize gun owners through a series of "Call to Action" videos.

This is going to be a series of short 15 minute videos with specific actions for gun owners to take. So, for people who aren't sure what they can do as an individual, these video's will lay out an actionable plan and steps you can take to help preserve the Constitution.
    Thanks for adding that and it is very supportive to this thread. I'd be happy for you to add any series of those videos here; or dedicate the entire series to their own thread with an appropriate title that would make it easy for other members to find?

I would even in a heart beat take a sponsored life membership at only 300.00 dollars. I encourage all to do the same. I can't for the fact that I just lost out daughter in September and medical bills and such have overwhelmed us. Plus my wife just lost her job. I am trying though to do all that I can. I have encouraged others to do the same. I have wrote letters, and joined what groups that I can afford to at the time. May God bless us all.

Rob
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse_james View Post
    Hey guys. I'm a new member here, this is my first post actually, but I have done a few things in the past few weeks that I feel are steps in the right direction.

Firstly, I joined the NRA. I wrote all of my senators, congressman, Obama, and Biden. I'm talking about this much more openly than I ever would thought that I ever would have in the past. I've also applied for my CCW as well and intend on using that right everyday.

I've been lurking here for a while, so I'm glad that I've finally started contributing to the site.
    Welcome to the forum and I'm happy you made your first post here, it's a good one too. BTW thanks for all of ya'lls efforts.

J-J if you haven't already done so, feel free to post in the "welcome new member" area too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    I have written a few rounds of letters to all my representatives as well as Biden, Obama, Boehner, and Reid. And I've finally joined the NRA. I am looking to go to some rally's but the only one I found so far in Denver was today and I am out of town for work. I can't believe there aren't more planned around here. I might have to try and organize one myself.
    There will be a Rally at every State Capitol on Saturday, January 19th, 2013 at 12 noon local time.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Re: What have you done lately to strengthen our 2A position?

Written congress critters, POTUS, state reps, several times each. Emailed a couple of congress critters to back up the letters.

Did not join NRA or any other orgs... (I specifically mention that I am NOT a member of any gun organizations with PACS when writing elected officials, hoping I will appear not to be one of you "gun and Bible clingers" ;) ). But, I have sent donations.

Have faxed suggestions with scripts for brief youtube vids as outlined in my post titled "NRA, GOA, SAF"...

I have made a brief video "quick and dirty" following one of my own scripts, as outlined in my post, "This is what I had in mind..."

Had long discussions with "hopolophobes" and other "nearly complete antis" and won one or two over...at least to the point of realization that regulating guns will NOT fix the problem.

Patted myself on the back publicly, just like ya'll... Right here on this post!

Yay us! We're doin' sumpin!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

-Gifted 3 NRA memberships
    -Encouraged 3 others to join the NRA
    -Helped several people in selecting firearms
    -I bought a firearm I've been looking at for a while
    -I write 2-3 letters per day and send them to my Reps and Boehner
    -I've recruited 14 other people to also send e-letters to their Reps and Boehner (including sending them contact links and sample letters)
    -Educated people in person on our position with comparisons to alcohol, cars, and freedom of speech. I've quoted statistics about gun crime and legal gun owners.
    -My goal (successful so far) is to get 1 additional person per day to send letters to Reps and encourage them to do the same.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

much of the same as the rest. i just keep on working it.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links