My case to have hi-cap mags

This is a discussion on My case to have hi-cap mags within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; IMHO at least 50% of this nation lives rural. After 8:00pm the town P.D. shuts down. 911 calls get forwarded to the county sheriff dept ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: My case to have hi-cap mags

My case to have hi-cap mags

IMHO at least 50% of this nation lives rural. After 8:00pm the town P.D. shuts down. 911 calls get forwarded to the county sheriff dept for service and/or state police. At 3:00am when 3 thugs are kicking in your door and your wife a daughter are in the house in there baby doll P.J.'s a 45 minute response is a long time to wait for help as your family is being savaged by the thugs. This is the reason the people of America need/ have to have hi-cap mags. 10 rds mags are or not enough fire power. God forbid you need more fire power during the long wait for 911 response to your call for assistance.

2. Remove Ads

As far as I'm concerned there is no need to explain your case for owning Hi-Cap Magazines. Its disturbing to me people are making you explain yourself. This country is clearly headed in the wrong direction.
    zacii, commendatori and Clodbert like this.

I can't get past the image of baby doll PJ's. But if high cap mags are good for law enforcement then they are good for me (for the same reasons).
    joker1 and pittypat21 like this.

It's my God given right protected by the highest law of the land. Any idea to the contrary is treason, hang em high!
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Especially since whats her face in that panel with Penn Jillett said that 10rd pistol mags can only kill 2 people.

What the pro-mag capacity ban people dont realize is that, assuming 10 round mags can kill up to 10 people (which they can), citizens and police alike tend to miss a lot of their shots.. 50-70% of them..so you really only expect to hit at best 5 out of 10, .. so if you have 3 or 4 guys busting down your door... you probably only going to get 1 or 2 of them.. and thats no guarentee that they will be out of the fight.. now you STILL have 2-3 violent intruders in your house that want to rob/kill/rape you.. and probably in that order too.

a 20 or 30 round magazine allows you to continue firing and increase your chances of survival.. this has been the age old issue with 5 and 6 shot revolvers.. for the average guy, unless youve got a hiding place, once youre out youre out and you best better run or hide or grab another gun... otherwise youre toast.

butr they dont get that.. because the folks in favor of the mag capacity bans only think we go deer hunting with an AR-15.. and while it is true, you dont need a 30rd mag to bring home venison, you do for other reasons. (besides most states have a limit of how many rounds you can put in your rifle mag no matter how many it can hold for hunting, MI is 5).

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I can't get past the image of baby doll PJ's.
    thats great

If the bad guys have them I should be able to have them. We all know they will have them regardless of any ban.
    This is just one reason.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    Especially since whats her face in that panel with Penn Jillett said that 10rd pistol mags can only kill 2 people.

What the pro-mag capacity ban people dont realize is that, assuming 10 round mags can kill up to 10 people (which they can), citizens and police alike tend to miss a lot of their shots.. 50-70% of them..so you really only expect to hit at best 5 out of 10, .. so if you have 3 or 4 guys busting down your door... you probably only going to get 1 or 2 of them.. and thats no guarentee that they will be out of the fight.. now you STILL have 2-3 violent intruders in your house that want to rob/kill/rape you.. and probably in that order too.

a 20 or 30 round magazine allows you to continue firing and increase your chances of survival.. this has been the age old issue with 5 and 6 shot revolvers.. for the average guy, unless youve got a hiding place, once youre out youre out and you best better run or hide or grab another gun... otherwise youre toast.

butr they dont get that.. because the folks in favor of the mag capacity bans only think we go deer hunting with an AR-15.. and while it is true, you dont need a 30rd mag to bring home venison, you do for other reasons. (besides most states have a limit of how many rounds you can put in your rifle mag no matter how many it can hold for hunting, MI is 5).
    Like that woman protecting herswlf and twin 9 yrolds and shot 1 guy 5 times in the face and neck yet he was still able to flee the house and attempt to drive away. What if there had been 3 guys??????

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    ...shall not be infringed.

Case closed.
    peckman28 and DontTreadOnI like this.

I have an inherent and unalienable Right to keep and bear Arms.

This Right shall not be infringed.

Anyone who tries to infringe upon my Rights is an enemy of the Constitution.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I've made this same argument in my letters.

You, awakened in the middle of the night to the sound of a breaking window, might only have time to grab your home defense weapon with however many rounds it is holding. Would you want to be limited to an arbitrarily chosen number of rounds?

Conversely, mass shooters have planned ahead and are carrying multiple firearms and magazines. It takes about 2 seconds to change a magazine (less if you practice). What difference does it make if the shooter has a satchel full of 10 round mags (like the VA Tech shooter did) or 2 or 3 thirty round mags when he is in a "gun-free zone" and police response is 10 minutes or more away?

Instead of gun owners having to make a compelling case to keep them, I think gun control advocates should make a compelling case to take them away. And that task would be virtually impossible.
    pittypat21 likes this.

by reason and logic yes Clodbert youre right.. but thats exactly whats happenign now.. is that there are feeding on people feers and the recent tragedies (thats pretty low as it is).. and those in favor of bans and whatnot are winning the argument because there arent enough "credible" sources standing up and saying NO.

I have not heard in at all in these debates any pro 2A advocate correct someone when they say "assault weapon" or 30 round clip.. Assault weapons are not real, they are a fictional type of firearm creating by the anti-gun groups to breed fear... other than yesterday when Sean Hannity asked a guest on his radio show to define assault weapon..

dude stumbled then gave HIS definition which was some line of BS about firing 40, 60 rounds per minute (which is slow by the way)... and Sean let him go on that.. why not call these people out!? Our pro-2A media, what little there is, is doing a HORRIBLE job of pointing out the fallacies in the democratic viewpoint on guns.

I was having this argument with my Lib mother-in-law the other night.

She claims that 10 rounds should be enough for me as i can just do a quick mag change. I pointed out to her that if someone breaks into my house at 2:00 in the morning that the only two things i am grabbing is a handgun and a flashlight and will be in my boxers with no pockets to carry an extra mag or two. She then says, "why do you need the flashlight? This is your house and you should know your way around it in the dark and that would give me a futher advantage over the bad guy and without the flashlight i can carry an extra mag."

This goes to further support the notion that those that don't understand dangerous situations should not be making decisions about what i need or don't need. I had to remind her that I will not shoot someone in my house unless I have positively identified them by lighting them up with the flash light. She gave me a wierd look and said "really????" To which I asked her, "do you really want me to shoot your grandson or his girlfried who either one of which might be sneaking in/out of our house?"

She thought for a minute and then said, "your totally right."
    peckman28 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    by reason and logic yes Clodbert youre right.. but thats exactly whats happenign now.. is that there are feeding on people feers and the recent tragedies (thats pretty low as it is).. and those in favor of bans and whatnot are winning the argument because there arent enough "credible" sources standing up and saying NO.

I have not heard in at all in these debates any pro 2A advocate correct someone when they say "assault weapon" or 30 round clip.. Assault weapons are not real, they are a fictional type of firearm creating by the anti-gun groups to breed fear... other than yesterday when Sean Hannity asked a guest on his radio show to define assault weapon..

dude stumbled then gave HIS definition which was some line of BS about firing 40, 60 rounds per minute (which is slow by the way)... and Sean let him go on that.. why not call these people out!? Our pro-2A media, what little there is, is doing a HORRIBLE job of pointing out the fallacies in the democratic viewpoint on guns.

Assault weapons ARE real. According to the military assault weapons are those with selective fire capability. They are already restricted and heavily regulated, so why we need more legislation is beyond me.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links