100,000 new NRA members - Page 2

100,000 new NRA members

This is a discussion on 100,000 new NRA members within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SayVandelay Ive even said it here "i will NEVER join". well I did. I get it now. I always said they divide ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 100,000 new NRA members

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    Ive even said it here "i will NEVER join". well I did. I get it now. I always said they divide gun owners. But I realized that was my fault too if I was actively staying outside the circle. im still mot happy about their BS Romney endorsement, but that shouldnt be the point
    Would you rather have had them endorse Obama? Or try to convince people to throw their vote away on a 3rd party and let Obama win by default? They had no choice but to support him once the primary was set.
    Walk softly ...

how many members does the nra have now?

Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    read the previous posts...
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Would you rather have had them endorse Obama? Or try to convince people to throw their vote away on a 3rd party and let Obama win by default? They had no choice but to support him once the primary was set.
    Well Romney isthe reason I live in NH. He sigmed the massachussetts permanent assault weapon ban. The problem with the endorsememt is that they lied and said it was actually a local gun owners groups fault. As much as endorsing people, they should be pointing out the dangerous republicans, because they're the wild cards in all this. At least with a democrat you know what youre getting. But a republican who has no backbone on guns is a lot scarier. They could have reluctantly endorsed him and said, "but lets keep an eye on him". I could have appreciated that, but they tried to rewrite history

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

100,000 new NRA members

I too am one of those new members, as of about two weeks ago.
    1MoreGoodGuy and BugDude like this.

VIP Member
    Already was a member, but its a good time to upgrade your membership or gift one to a friend or relative.

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    Well Romney isthe reason I live in NH. He sigmed the massachussetts permanent assault weapon ban. The problem with the endorsememt is that they lied and said it was actually a local gun owners groups fault. As much as endorsing people, they should be pointing out the dangerous republicans, because they're the wild cards in all this. At least with a democrat you know what youre getting. But a republican who has no backbone on guns is a lot scarier. They could have reluctantly endorsed him and said, "but lets keep an eye on him". I could have appreciated that, but they tried to rewrite history
    what i posted in another thread: the house is repub by 33 members. In many of the dem controlled states, with large populations, there is a good chance a bunch of house repubs will vote with the democrats. These are states like ny, nj, ct, ca, il, etc. Several of the NY rep assemblymen have indicated that they will vote with the dems on what cuomo is proposing. So you can certainly see repub congressmen in the dem states doing this as well on a national level. 17 repubs change over, law changes.

I personally think that changes such as background checks on all sales (gun show loophole as it is referred to in the media) and possibly high capacity mags will be part of proposed legislation changes.

There are 4.2M members of the NRA (thanks danlfam, I looked;-), supposedly 80M gun owners, 220M eligible voters, and 160M registered voters.

How many people do you believe think that there should be background checks on all sales. How many believe 10 rnds is more than enough. Think 17 congressmen in those states might want to keep their jobs? National AWB? I am not so sure. Background checks on private sales. I do think so. Limited capacity. I think so again. Just my opinion on the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Already was a member, but its a good time to upgrade your membership or gift one to a friend or relative.
    ^^^This^^^

I upgraded from life member to the endowment level and gave two memberships as gifts. Talked to a younger friend about the need to preserve our rights and he joined as well. We need to increase that 100,000 number ten fold! We need to add 1,000,000 more!
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Im one just joined today. Took 45min to get threw on phone.
    Every saint has a past
    Every sinner has a future

VIP Member
    Thanks to all of you new NRA members. Want to get more involved in the fight to preserve and protect your rights? Simply sign up another member and offer to pay their first year of membership for them? A very small price to help fight for freedom.
    BugDude likes this.

I re-joined the week after Sandy Hook. I won't let it expire this time.
    BugDude likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    4.2 Million and growing.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    If I've done my math correctly, there are 228 million US citizens over the age of 18. NRA membership is 4.2 million. That means that nearly 2% of all adults in the US are NRA members. Of course the number of gun owners is much larger. Estimates range from 39% to 50% of US adults own at least one gun. This is a powerful constituency if groups like the NRA and others can get these owners mobilized. Please join the NRA or the gun rights organization of your choice, your rights are at stake NOW!
    BugDude likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRolo View Post
    I am one of those.

I joined about 3 weeks ago. How long is the processing time?
    Good job man!!! Not too long. You MAY get a TON of random mailing and each week. If you upgrade to life member the random mailing stops. If you really have some extra time you should look into the ILA branch of the NRA for some more aggressive legislative action. I don't think in any time in history other than now our 2nd Amendment being under this much attack. These liberals would love nothing more than to watch our rights burn in the flames of the American flag alltogether. Total commies.
    JaxRolo likes this.

I gifted my stepson, and I am going to gift my other stepson and my grandson and grandaughter as well. By the way, to all the other members here that joined or gifted someone. THANK YOU!!

Donnie D
    JaxRolo and BugDude like this.
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links