Let's default to the cautious side...

This is a discussion on Let's default to the cautious side... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Are we all regularly cast into one pot by an uninformed public because of our participation in this forum? YES Are we responsible & should ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Let's default to the cautious side...

Are we all regularly cast into one pot by an uninformed public because of our participation in this forum? YES

Are we responsible & should we care what the general perception of that same uninformed public is toward 2A supporters? YES

Is the world always fair & rational? NO

So...what's your point? I merely suggest we be acutely aware of the critical responsibility we currently possess.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Are we all regularly cast into one pot by an uninformed public because of our participation in this forum? YES

Are we responsible & should we care what the general perception of that same uninformed public is toward 2A supporters? YES

So...what's your point? I merely suggest we be acutely aware of the critical responsibility we currently possess.
    Great points. I'm with you.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

My point is that I fully support anyone who wants to use this forum to voice their concerns within the forum rules. Even if I disagree with their opinion I don't think they should keep it to themselves.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

My point is not to suggest that I should decide what folks should keep to themselves. My point is rather that they should prudently decide what to...keep to themselves. Especially, if they truly value the opportunity to have anything to talk about.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

My point is not to suggest that I should decide what folks should keep to themselves. My point is rather that they should prudently decide what to...keep to themselves. Especially, if they truly value the opportunity to have anything to talk about.
    They could decide to quietly roll over and give up their rights without fighting back either. If everybody kept everything to themselves, the world would be pretty boring.

VIP Member
    Good post and I think the same thing holds true going to one of the "Rally at the State Capitol". Of course the media will be there and the only video clip they'll show will be some guy decked out in camo with a scowl on his face. I'd suggest going in your work clothes, business casual or whatever. I wear camos everyday/everywhere but when I go to a rally I won't be feeding the media frenzy. By all means take your wife, girlfriend, mother, kids, grandfather with you. Just look like the regular hard-working decent Americans that we are. Let's not let the media portray us as Rambo's, and that is the part they'll broadcast.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Good post and I think the same thing holds true going to one of the "Rally at the State Capitol". Of course the media will be there and the only video clip they'll show will be some guy decked out in camo with a scowl on his face. I'd suggest going in your work clothes, business casual or whatever. I wear camos everyday/everywhere but when I go to a rally I won't be feeding the media frenzy. By all means take your wife, girlfriend, mother, kids, grandfather with you. Just look like the regular hard-working decent Americans that we are. Let's not let the media portray us as Rambo's, and that is the part they'll broadcast.
    Wouldn't it be fun to go there in costume though? I was thinking of OC'ing with a guy fawkes mask.

Collectivly, we all have the same goals..., just different ways of obtaining them. We do not want to lose our rights, but, there are proper steps to take to preserve them. Some are speculating at this point at what we think will happen, that causes a reaction rather than an action that is thought-out. If action is better that reaction in everyday situational awarness, then why not in this case....?

Those of us whom would plan for what they think will happen are never prepaired for what does happen. Breath deep, collect the facts and don't run off half cocked.

I have not meant to offend anyone or their beliefs, just giving my two cents after reading many comments over the last several days.
    Last edited by rottkeeper; January 10th, 2013 at 07:59 PM.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I watched this forum for a while before joining, I don't think you have much to worry about as far as the gov monitoring you and swooping in to arrest members who have alternate views. I have seen some sites that I would believe are closely monitored. One of the reasons I joined and will stay here for awhile is the Mod team here. I like their style. DR

Well the OP's intent was to; let's default on the cautious side. Another words...err on the side of caution, as too watch what you type. You never know whom is reading this. Big Brother is watch. The sysadmins are tuning in. Synonyms abound.

There are internet web crawlers, ants, and spiders running amok collecting information off forums like this and have also infected the general WWW. I'm sure we've all made it onto a list some-where's out here in cyber-space...by now...by simply visiting a website?

some milk an' Coooooooookies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links