VP Biden hints at possible gun control actions

This is a discussion on VP Biden hints at possible gun control actions within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Basically Biden says their goals are no assault rifles, no big magazines, and a national database on background checks. The days of walking into a ...

Thread: VP Biden hints at possible gun control actions

VP Biden hints at possible gun control actions

Basically Biden says their goals are no assault rifles, no big magazines, and a national database on background checks.

The days of walking into a State Office and getting a concealed weapons permit are gone. As to banning the assault rifle - I wonder about all the existing ones?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/us...ewanted=2&_r=0

2. Remove Ads

IMO..............no one there is interested in protecting kids in our school systems......only ther political agenda matter to these dullards......shameful......check him for a wine bottle.
    Last edited by xXxplosive; January 11th, 2013 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    The days of walking into a State Office and getting a concealed weapons permit are gone. As to banning the assault rifle - I wonder about all the existing ones?
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    What are you talking about?
    I am saying that the gun control issue is on the front burner. And that the idea of federal background checks will cause delays in CC permits

[CENTER]

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/us...ewanted=2&_r=0
    How do you draw this conclusion? I don't see anything about concealed weapons permits anywhere in this article.

And that the idea of federal background checks will cause delays in CC permits
    Actually, a database might make it faster. Mine took like 75 days (Arizona). Computers communicate at the speed of light. If they can do a quick background check via computer instead of the current, manual process, we might find it's faster.

Not saying currently proposed legislation isn't bad for the 2A. Just trying to keep things accurate, and keep irrational speculation to a minimum.

NMB
    I am saying that the gun control issue is on the front burner. And that the idea of federal background checks will cause delays in CC permits
    Arent all background checks federal already?
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

It literally took two business days from the time I applied for my permit to the receiving it in the mail. Our mail gets sorted in another city so it already takes two business days to send mail to a local address. Do the math, LOL. I doubt anyone here would complain if it took an additional few days or weeks to receive theirs.

Links