Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting - Page 3

Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

This is a discussion on Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

VIP Member
    "We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment."

That's it right there, put their anti-gun agenda ahead of school children.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    "We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment."

That's it right there, put their anti-gun agenda ahead of school children.
    That, I believe, is going to be the main theme with the NRA. They are going to have to keep spotlighting the agenda and how it is actually hindering any real progress.
    Pistology likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Re: Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    Where did I underestimate them? I don't underestimate them or anyone else including yourself so don't assume
    From your post:
    What more would I expect from people who base everything on emotion. I thought people in this capacity were much smarter, but it appears they are not at all and only care about themselves.
    By equating it to an emotional response and implying that they're stupid, where they probably don't care at all, and are very smart about how they respond to this tragedy to further they're goals... You underestimate their capabilities and effectiveness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Implying and saying are two different things and if you knew me you would know two things. I say what I think, and I do as I say I will. I didn't imply anything. You interpret what I said and assume but your wrong. Your entitled to your opinion just like I am.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Alrighty then.......who will be the first stouthearted civil servant stepping forward to enforce Obama's coming AWB/MAG ban ? ......Come on now..... anyone .....Eric Holder.... Come on now... surely..... someone.................?????.... anyone ....???

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    No argument over the 2nd amendment with an anti-gun person or group EVER has made one iota of difference. It's all about emotions not logic to them. Just save one life at the cost of freedom for all always makes it worth the effort in their minds. Our only defense is power and political strength. Forget statistics, forget logic, forget law, forget freedom. These mean exactly nothing in their minds compared to the possibility of saving that one life. Forget the argument over lives saved vs. lives lost too. It requires logical thinking. (had more to say but I'd be preaching to the choir)
    ErnieNWillis and mano3 like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    Implying and saying are two different things and if you knew me you would know two things. I say what I think, and I do as I say I will. I didn't imply anything. You interpret what I said and assume but your wrong. Your entitled to your opinion just like I am.
    This isn't a matter of our opinions. Right now there is a lot of attention on this issue and the people speaking out on it. It's important that the things we say reflect well not only on the positions, but the people in it. All I'm asking is that before you speak, you think about how your words will be perceived by others.

I understood what you meant, but if someone who isn't from 'the forums' reads it, it looks like you're equating people that believe these things are just dumb. To someone 'on the fence' on this issue, that will either give them the perception that we're an insulting bunch of self-important rude people, or that the Antis are just a bunch of idiots who don't know anything. Either perception is bad for our cause and could be dangerous.
    oakchas likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Totally expected. Reminds me of the days when middle east peace talks would occur. You can't discuss and come to terms with people who have a strict agenda to destroy you. Words are simply warfare to them. We have an enemy of the state in the white house and a dumb idiot bafoon VP. Why would we expect anything but trickery. We must peacefully and legally destroy these people in the next mid term election. Let's hope they make a big enough mistake to awaken the sleeping giant. Otherwise the next election will likely be our death blow. Obama is the biggest mistake this country ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaShooter View Post
    Totally expected. Reminds me of the days when middle east peace talks would occur. You can't discuss and come to terms with people who have a strict agenda to destroy you. Words are simply warfare to them. We have an enemy of the state in the white house and a dumb idiot bafoon VP. Why would we expect anything but trickery. We must peacefully and legally destroy these people in the next mid term election. Let's hope they make a big enough mistake to awaken the sleeping giant. Otherwise the next election will likely be our death blow. Obama is the biggest mistake this country ever made.
    While I tend to agree with you, we need to focus laser-tight on the issue right now. The election is over, so making this an "Obama thing" (even if true) won't help us at all at this point. Many of the people we need on our side right now voted for the guy, and attacking him doesn't help. Attack the issue, speak out about hwo we could solve it without compromising out rights, and don't get twisted up in the political aspects of the players.

If you disagree with Obamacare, if you fear his foreign policies, and even if you dislike his heritage, shut up about it. At lest when you're speaking in context of this attack on gun rights.
    oakchas likes this.

-- John F. Kennedy

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaShooter View Post
    What he said!
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The gloves are coming off. I expected nothing different of this meeting
    In total agreement OldVet!
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Committee meetings and the 'flags' that fly out of them are just a pre-made decision looking for a way to happen.
    I am convinced the invitation to the NRA was nothing but window dressing- a kabuki dance if you will. The writing is on the wall. This whole "discussion" has very little to do with children's safety and everything to do with neutering the Second Amendment in particular and the Constitution in general.
    carracer likes this.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    While I tend to agree with you, we need to focus laser-tight on the issue right now. The election is over, so making this an "Obama thing" (even if true) won't help us at all at this point. Many of the people we need on our side right now voted for the guy, and attacking him doesn't help. Attack the issue, speak out about hwo we could solve it without compromising out rights, and don't get twisted up in the political aspects of the players.

If you disagree with Obamacare, if you fear his foreign policies, and even if you dislike his heritage, shut up about it. At lest when you're speaking in context of this attack on gun rights.
    Good advice. Taken to heart
    livewire, TX expat and msgt/ret like this.

The liberty-haters are unmasked ... if ever they had masks. Not all that surprising.

WRITE YOUR REPS IN BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS ... online, fax, USPS, telephone, in person if you can. WRITE THEM ALL, if you're able.
    mano3 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    Truly amazing...

Can't believe this is happening over a nutjob's insane actions...
    Obama or Biden - which nutjob are you talking about?
    mano3 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links