Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

This is a discussion on Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One thing to keep in mind is that six months ago, support for additional gun control measures was at a fifty-year low. While the polls ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

One thing to keep in mind is that six months ago, support for additional gun control measures was at a fifty-year low. While the polls on the issue are showing extra support, I'm not convinced that the 'bump' (which isn't a clear majority, even now) won't last long enough for something to actually get passed. Something else will come up which will attract the attention of the masses.

Some celeb will do something stupid (or even more shocking, smart), an act of nature will cause some shocking damage, or some new viral video will take over the newscasts. All we have to do is hold our ground and fight back with logic until that happens. It's really all we can do. Oh, and join the NRA, etc. Their membership numbers are as important as the donations you could present.

Also, I suggest everyone read through the free PDF here: Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths It's free, and will help with the random "but, Gun Control!!!" people.
    noway2 likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    While I tend to agree with you, we need to focus laser-tight on the issue right now. The election is over, so making this an "Obama thing" (even if true) won't help us at all at this point. Many of the people we need on our side right now voted for the guy, and attacking him doesn't help. Attack the issue, speak out about hwo we could solve it without compromising out rights, and don't get twisted up in the political aspects of the players.

If you disagree with Obamacare, if you fear his foreign policies, and even if you dislike his heritage, shut up about it. At lest when you're speaking in context of this attack on gun rights.
    Livewire, I agree with 90% of what you say here. However, one can look at this administration's actions and draw concrete conclusions as to their view of the Constitution. The attach on the Second Amendment is just the start, if one wants to neuter the Constitution, neuter that which serves as a warning to the government, the Second. After the Second is rendered impotent, then it's a matter of time before the rest of the Bill of Rights are rendered impotent. All one has to do is look at past statements Obaman has made regarding the Constitution being flawed to see where this is going. Personally, I think we have to question, critically almost everything this administration does, I firmly believe the attack on the Second Amendment is just a foretaste of things to come.

In separate radio interviews in 2001, then State Senator Obama spoke at length about the constitution. In one inerview, he called the Constitution an imperfect document in reference to its obvious omission of slaves being given equal rights. He stated that this imperfection, or blind spot in the culture, continues to this day. In a second interview, State Senator Obama asserted that the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties in that it states what the State and Federal government could not do to you. He asserts that it is flawed in that it does not state what the State and Federal governments should be obligated to do on your behalf. In discussing the Warren court, Obama stated that it wasn't truly radical in that it did not break free from the constraints placed upon it by the founders. He noted that the court never ventured into the issue of redistribution of wealth, and sort of more basic issues of political and economic justice in the society.

When taken in context, one might be able to see that it's not just the Second Amendment at stake here.
    1MoreGoodGuy and msgt/ret like this.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Quote Originally Posted by JayHawker45 View Post
    Livewire, I agree with 90% of what you say here. However, one can look at this administration's actions and draw concrete conclusions as to their view of the Constitution. The attach on the Second Amendment is just the start, if one wants to neuter the Constitution, neuter that which serves as a warning to the government, the Second. After the Second is rendered impotent, then it's a matter of time before the rest of the Bill of Rights are rendered impotent. All one has to do is look at past statements Obaman has made regarding the Constitution being flawed to see where this is going. Personally, I think we have to question, critically almost everything this administration does, I firmly believe the attack on the Second Amendment is just a foretaste of things to come.

In separate radio interviews in 2001, then State Senator Obama spoke at length about the constitution. In one inerview, he called the Constitution an imperfect document in reference to it's obvious omission of slaves being given equal rights. He stated that this imperfection, or blind spot in the culture, continues to this day. In a second interview, State Senator Obama asserted that the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties in that it states what the State and Federal government could not do to you. He asserts that it is flawed in that it does not state what the State and Federal governments should be obligated to do on your behalf. In discussing the Warren court, Obama stated that it wasn't truly radical in that it did not break free from the constraints placed upon it by the founders. He noted that the court never ventured into the issue of redistribution of wealth, and sort of more basic issues of political and economic justice in the society.

When taken in context, one might be able to see that it's not just the Second Amendment at stake here.
    What you say is true, and if you look at your big picture, I agree with you. But in this case, it's the trees we have to work to defend, so the forest stays intact. Lets stay focused on this issue for the short term.
    oakchas likes this.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

This reminds me of when my wife says, "WE need to talk." Funny, she does all of the talking and it is always about things that I need to do.

"The Conversation" the White House intended to have, much the same way.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Re: Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

This is exactly why I have said, over and over again, that we must get john and jane doe to see the light.

This is why I have said we have to "personalize" gun ownership and defensive uses... Following the original statement of the NRA... "All it takes to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

We also have to explain the REASONS for owning what they are calling "assault weapons" and hi cap "clips."

We all know that we shouldn't need to give reasons to exercise a right. But taking that attitude with the general public only makes us appear to be spoiled children who "want what we want".

And, like it or not, perception is reality.

I want the NRA to move on a public campaign to make gun ownership across the board appear wholly American as Apple pie.

I suggested a script to do so through social media.. I even produced a one minute PSA-like you tube video along the lines of what I had in mind....

We must move. NOW!
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

I agree with most of the other posters in "I saw this one coming". At least the NRA was honest and showed up for the meeting. The problem with our congress even with Republicans you really can't trust anyone. There is no one supporting the people. They get what they want via handouts and buyouts and vote accordingly. I honestly can't wait until this whole term for Biden/Obama is over. I was predicting this 4 years ago about them coming after the weapons. I'm 28 and my generation for the most part have no clue what's going on around them nor do they care. It's all about partying it up, not working, videogames and stuck on their smartphones and ipads and ipods and all that junk. I don't know many people my age that are pro-gun or care either way. Yet they all voted for this current mess that we are in. I don't think the Dem/Libs realize what they're fighting. The British government at the time of the American Revolution was the largest entity in the world. Yet the "redcoats" could not stop our Founding Fathers and we were full of farmers, and young men fighting for our independence and liberties. It's unfortunate that there are so many people in Washington hell bent on destroying this great nation. I'm just as worried at the Debt Crisis we have along this 2nd Amendment issue. All I can tell you is I am NOT registering ANY of my weapons. My cousin works alot with some agents on the actual Federal level. Alot of them have told him that if they get ordered to start confiscating weapons door to door the FED Gov. will know exactly where they can stick it. People talk and get nervous about ATF or Fed Agents but fail to realize there are some of those people who got into that field because they are passionate about whats right and whats wrong, and are also strong 2nd Amendment supporters. I hope I'm not rambling on but I really hope you all get my point. We have to stick together. I am hoping by the end of whatever the outcome is, makes us stronger as Americans. I believe that's what the Founding Fathers intended on in the first place.

I think it's about time we started that "Well Regulated Militia" have national elections for CinC Generals etc Issue everybody M4's and march on washington to evict the treasonous ********
    Maximpactguns and mg27 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would love to. It's in our constitution. Biting the head off the snake is the idea I've got. I mean honestly I think there are just alot of people who financially could not just up and roll up to washington. But I agree something on the National level needs to be organized. I've looked for Militias in South Carolina and have emailed and emailed and got no responses. So I gave up on that option. But wouldn't the current Administration consider that a Terrorist Group?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    No argument over the 2nd amendment with an anti-gun person or group EVER has made one iota of difference. It's all about emotions not logic to them. Just save one life at the cost of freedom for all always makes it worth the effort in their minds. Our only defense is power and political strength. Forget statistics, forget logic, forget law, forget freedom. These mean exactly nothing in their minds compared to the possibility of saving that one life. Forget the argument over lives saved vs. lives lost too. It requires logical thinking. (had more to say but I'd be preaching to the choir)
    Well If its all about saving just one life, then what about all the lives Guns have saved. You can't reason with these people, they are up to no good and are wanting to dictate this country.. We gotta fight like hell somehow someway..

Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    Well If its all about saving just one life, then what about all the lives Guns have saved. You can't reason with these people, they are up to no good and are wanting to dictate this country.. We gotta fight like hell somehow someway..
    Yup. THOSE lives about to be less-protected (or even stripped of their ability to effectively protect themselves) are going to be traded for that last percentage of lives ostensibly "saved." But nobody's talking about those lives ... 'cause they're ours, the citizens, the other 300M citizens threatened by these 2A-evisceration steps being made. Though, such a thing doesn't make good copy, these days. It just ain't "news."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Get your head out from under the rock and stop underestimating these people. If they were stupid, they would be easy to stop.
    Exactly. They're not stupid at all, but they're banking on the dumbed-down American public to allow their agenda to succeed. Here's an example: "NRA! Stop killing our children!!!" That's the type of idiot we have running rampant these days.

They've raised a couple of generations now who have no idea about history, politics, and consequence. "But......but....but..... this is America. Those things don't happen here!" They've convinced the public at large that the 2nd Amendment is based on hunting and "sporting purposes." There are morons walking around as I type this who believe that it was about the colonists not being denied a means to hunt for their food.

And you know what else? This type of idiocy is promoted in the media as being the "cool" or "hip" thing these days. Look at the garbage on MTV and a few other channels. "Well, like, you know, like, I think the, like, 2nd Amendment was like, this, document, like, um, lets people hunt and like, something like that."

THAT is what we're up against. These clueless people voted for Obama, and each of their votes nullifies one of ours.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Exactly. They're not stupid at all, but they're banking on the dumbed-down American public to allow their agenda to succeed. Here's an example: "NRA! Stop killing our children!!!" That's the type of idiot we have running rampant these days.

They've raised a couple of generations now who have no idea about history, politics, and consequence. "But......but....but..... this is America. Those things don't happen here!" They've convinced the public at large that the 2nd Amendment is based on hunting and "sporting purposes." There are morons walking around as I type this who believe that it was about the colonists not being denied a means to hunt for their food.

And you know what else? This type of idiocy is promoted in the media as being the "cool" or "hip" thing these days. Look at the garbage on MTV and a few other channels. "Well, like, you know, like, I think the, like, 2nd Amendment was like, this, document, like, um, lets people hunt and like, something like that."

THAT is what we're up against. These clueless people voted for Obama, and each of their votes nullifies one of ours.
    Did I write this and channel it through you? Excellent post!
    SpringerXD likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The gloves are coming off. I expected nothing different of this meeting

^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is only the beginning. The NRA will be going for a full frontal assault in the near future.
    I think you will see members from both sides of the aisle wide eyed at how much support the NRA has, and what it will do to their political future to flirt with any notions of siding with these treasonous buffoons who currently reside @ 1600 Pennslyvania ave.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I think it's about time we started that "Well Regulated Militia" have national elections for CinC Generals etc Issue everybody M4's and march on washington to evict the treasonous ********

^^^^Watch out duk^^^^^^^^

You're going to rile up a couple of members here @ DC who poo poo all that "crazy" rebellious talk,............

Like that action(marching on Washington) would be treasonous
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Did I write this and channel it through you? Excellent post!
    Thanks. It's basically "every day's business" for those of us who get it. I just wish we could spread the word more effectively.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links