Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

This is a discussion on Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There's a movie that everyone should watch. It's supposed to be a comedy, but to me it's the scariest movie I've ever seen. It's about ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

VIP Member
    There's a movie that everyone should watch. It's supposed to be a comedy, but to me it's the scariest movie I've ever seen. It's about a soldier (PFC) that accidentally gets sent to the future about 500 years and he finds the US to be in shambles, trash on the street, incompetent doctors and lawyers, police state, plus scandalous politicians and ridiculous governmental programs. Everyone is extremely dumbed down and the PFC is now probably the smartest person on earth. The movie is called "Idiocracy".............and I'm here to tell you I think we're there now.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    There's a movie that everyone should watch. It's supposed to be a comedy, but to me it's the scariest movie I've ever seen. It's about a soldier (PFC) that accidentally gets sent to the future about 500 years and he finds the US to be in shambles, trash on the street, incompetent doctors and lawyers, police state, plus scandalous politicians and ridiculous governmental programs. Everyone is extremely dumbed down and the PFC is now probably the smartest person on earth. The movie is called "Idiocracy".............and I'm here to tell you I think we're there now.
    I have seen that movie and agree with you.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    ... this is America.
    That would be the place next to ... uh, Argentina, right? I hear Chavez is ill, these days ...

</mocking simulation of the unwashed, uneducated, unaware, apathetic masses>
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

This whole dog and pony show is sickening. They've known what measures they want to implement for a long long time. Just been waiting for the right "time" to pounce. They couldn't care less what the NRA thinks (or anyone else for that matter). Constitution or common sense be damned, they're going to go full throttle with this while they have momentum. All we can really do at this point (besides continue to lobby our representatives) is see what nonsense laws they implement.
    twhditto likes this.

Something I thought about when they said "tax paying...". Most gun owners are pretty well off, not rich (some are), but generally speaking they have a solid income and in many cases are very family oriented. Maybe in their twisted mind they look at a $2000 AR and say "you know, if we took that away that could be $2k we can steal from their pocket somehow in the future and distribute it to the lazy people"

Kind of reminds me of Demolition man. Everyone is a fruit in the future and there's no more freedom. No swearing, drinking, smoking, guns, violence of any kind, sex, not even a cheeseburger. Is this the kind of thing they actually want to do? Where Taco Bell is the only food chain left and is considered gormet? lol
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Something I thought about when they said "tax paying...". Most gun owners are pretty well off, not rich (some are), but generally speaking they have a solid income and in many cases are very family oriented. Maybe in their twisted mind they look at a $2000 AR and say "you know, if we took that away that could be $2k we can steal from their pocket somehow in the future and distribute it to the lazy people"
    Disarm the haves and the have-nots can just take directly from them without the government having to incur the costs of re-distributing it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    Not surprised, but the NRA put out a good statement letting us know what is coming.
    Unless I missed something all I have seen from the NRA is:
    "Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not."

While this is a good thing it should not be the only thing they do. The NRA needs to get the message out to the American public and refute the propaganda been fed to them by President Obama/other elected officials(federal/state/local) and the anti-gun crowd.

Keep in mind the NRA solicited members of congress of both parties concerning the last national "gun control" legislation(assault weapon ban) and it passed. Right it was temporary in nature which does not make it good.

The fight is on and only dealing with congress is not going to cut it this time. This isn't a skirmish its a full blown battle that is going to take more than one "division" in order to prevail.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

So Obama voted to protect the former presidents with Secret Security agents for life but in almost the same breathe he wants to restrict law biding people from owning any guns. ????? I am sorry I don't get it. When do WE get the same security that they get. I bet we get the same security when we get the sam healthcare!!! Where is our government going? Maybe we should "vote on it to see what is in it".

Wait a minute, I see this statement as GOOD news. NRA is telling us they are not fooled. And that the Left wing is behaving predictably. And NRA is spreading the word; remember, ordinary people all over the world, read USA news, and forms opinions about us from their readings.
    Red (Richard) Nichols
    Holster designer-maker since 1958

An invention is an accident that has been waiting to happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    Wait a minute, I see this statement as GOOD news. NRA is telling us they are not fooled. And that the Left wing is behaving predictably. And NRA is spreading the word; remember, ordinary people all over the world, read USA news, and forms opinions about us from their readings.
    Yeah, I do agree. It's sort of a good/bad mix. It's bad that they aren't listening at the Executive level (not that we are surprised by this) but it's good that the NRA flat out called them on it and have basically said "these guys aren't doing anything good so we aren't going to waste our time (or money) on them. We'll take it to a group that hopefully will do something proactive for our children's safety".
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Yup and they loved drinking cool-aide so much they were irrigating their crops with it and couldn't figure out why the crops were failing and they were starving to death
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links