Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

This is a discussion on Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not Good, Folks... Fairfax, Va. – The National Rifle Association of America is made up of over 4 million moms and dads, daughters and sons, ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

VIP Member

Not Good, Folks...

Fairfax, Va. – The National Rifle Association of America is made up of over 4 million moms and dads, daughters and sons, who are involved in the national conversation about how to prevent a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again. We attended today's White House meeting to discuss how to keep our children safe and were prepared to have a meaningful conversation about school safety, mental health issues, the marketing of violence to our kids and the collapse of federal prosecutions of violent criminals.

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be “prejudged,” this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners - honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not.

NRA-ILA | Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The gloves are coming off. I expected nothing different of this meeting
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Agreed, it was a stunt to say they invited them. The agenda is set.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Bring it.................it's building........I'm tellin' ya.
    Maximpactguns and mg27 like this.

Exactly what I expected. As BigJon says above just a stunt.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E

Hope they at least got a decent meal out of it.
    Maximpactguns and StevePVB like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

NMB
    Im shocked!

NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Committee meetings and the 'flags' that fly out of them are just a pre-made decision looking for a way to happen.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I hope everyone has at least learned that their 2 dollar underwear from walmart isnt worth it, not the way they caved and took part in this

I am sure that the White House will release a statement saying they negotiated in good faith and that the NRA was intractable and obstinate.

Problem is that this was never intended to be a give and take from the start on their end. They know that if time elapses, sane minds will see that their mis-labled "assault rifles" are not really an issue, but a misdirection, and we all knew that going in. It is an attempt to dictate and tell us to give up or else.

All we can do is stand our ground and fight to preserve the second Amendment to the Constitution in the Bill of Rights, the birthright of each American.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Not surprised, but the NRA put out a good statement letting us know what is coming.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Actually, I would have been worried if the NRA came out and said "It went great!" I think we all knew how it would go.

Folks, as I wrote in my examiner column today, this was a sham and it was all about giving Obama and Biden cover..

Here's part of what I explained:

"Translation: Biden got his talking points from the gun prohibition lobby; agenda items that he and Obama believe the firearms community might reject, allowing them to tell reporters that “we tried but the gun lobby refused to cooperate.”

CCRKBA:

Jim Baker represented NRA at that meeting. I've known Baker for a long time, and he's no dummy. He went to listen, heard probably what he expected to hear, and the NRA was quick to tell that to everyone.
    darbo and twhditto like this.

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment.
    That's not good.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

We know from everything that they have been saying, every quote, every article, that their real agenda is to impose an AWB and mag limit - that is all. Other than that, they have no real interest in change. They only want to use the recent tragedy to further this agenda.

In some ways it makes things easier for our side in that we can focus on the target like a laser beam. They thought that there was opposition in 94. That is nothing compared to now.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links