An idea for the worst case scenario...

This is a discussion on An idea for the worst case scenario... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let me be clear...I want ANY additional "gun control" laws to die, and I'm hoping that will happen. I'm doing everything I can (writing my ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: An idea for the worst case scenario...

An idea for the worst case scenario...

Let me be clear...I want ANY additional "gun control" laws to die, and I'm hoping that will happen. I'm doing everything I can (writing my representatives, educating people "on the fence", answering any polls that show up, etc.) to make that happen.

But...what if...a "high capacity mag" law/ban goes thru? Well, I know here in Washington state, we don't have a limitation on the number of defensive pistols you can carry (I understand that some states have such a limitation). So, if I'm limited to a mag capacity of 10 (or heaven forbid, 7), what can I do about it to:
    A. Increase my total defensive ammo capacity, and
    B. Screw with the heads of the "antis", like Diane Feinstein?

I could (continue to) carry backup mags; sure, that makes sense, and covers to concern "A." above, but what about concern "B."? How about if I carry a "New York reload": a second pistol? As I said, no law against it in this state, but think about how that would screw with the heads of the "antis"...less "high capacity mags" around, but the same amount of usable ammo, and (oh my gosh) MORE total guns on the street! Never mind that these are "legal guns", just the fact that there are more of them around will probably make their heads explode (if only!).

Just something to think about...

2. Remove Ads

From what I've read of proposals you wouldn't be able to buy a new extended mag, but could keep the ones you own - not sure how that would even be enforced but whatever. Bottom line is I've got mags now so while I don't support it and don't want it to go through, I'm not freaking out either, yet. I've got no desire to screw with the heads of antis - I carry concealed (they wouldnt see them) and hope I don't have to use it but sure will if I need to. Not looking to make a statement by my carry choice.

Welcome to the Northern Republic of Mexico...............the original one worked out quite well didn't it ?

We ALLLLLL respect the laws..............right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    From what I've read of proposals you wouldn't be able to buy a new extended mag, but could keep the ones you own - not sure how that would even be enforced but whatever.
    It's called, "The camel's nose under the tent."
    TVille and KoriBustard like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    But...what if...a "high capacity mag" law/ban goes thru?
    I'll be buying stock in duct tape since criminals who don't know how to machine anything will simply duct tape the mags side by side.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Links