Upcoming legislation has already been written

This is a discussion on Upcoming legislation has already been written within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A talk show host mentioned today that the legislation that Obama is going to introduce after all his task force meetings has been written years ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Upcoming legislation has already been written

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

A talk show host mentioned today that the legislation that Obama is going to introduce after all his task force meetings has been written years ago and has just been sitting in someone's desk drawer waiting for the appropriate time to introduce it. All these meetings are just for show.

I sort of have to agree.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

I wouldn't be surprised.

Kind of like here in FL I felt the SYG task force mtgs were for show, to give the antis the perception it was being looked into. Only in that instance it was in our favor.

What talk-show, whose drawer? Got links/sources?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Probably written by Clinton administration during the last AWB.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Re: Upcoming legislation has already been written

I wouldn't be surprised.

This is one small step toward a larger goal. The plan was written long ago. Unfortunately, there are millions of naive people who actually believe that tthis legislation is there for their benefit.

This legislation benefits no lover of liberty. The 2A is the thread by which all the rest of the constitution hangs. Remove that, or render it ineffective, and our freedom is officially over.

Who has the guts to stand firm, legislation or not?

Didn't our forefathers pledge their lives, property & sacred honor for us? Didn't our forefathers declare that death is better than slavery?

:USA:

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Already written?

I wouldn't expect anything less...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Rush Limbaugh made the statement, just after he said "Do you think they wrote the 2300 Page Obama Care Law in 2 months". He said the whole package is ready to publish and it was not written yesterday and today.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    We fight a delaying action...Hopefully we can hold out til I'm outta' here.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Already written?

I wouldn't expect anything less...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Rush Limbaugh made the statement, just after he said "Do you think they wrote the 2300 Page Obama Care Law in 2 months". He said the whole package is ready to publish and it was not written yesterday and today.
    Precisely. It has been ready for some time. The antis have been biding their time until public opinion swung in their favor.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Feinstein said as much already... But now, because Rushbo said it it's true?

Whazzup wid dat?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I have been thinking of this for years. Did you notice that "someone" wrote the Obamacare bill (thousands of pages long) and the administration introduced it shortly after "O" was elected. I mean, it certainly was not thought of and written after he was elected. These bills are ready in advance...lurking, waiting for an opening just as the OP says.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    These people have been waiting for years to do this, you bet it was already written.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    What concerns me is the wording to be used on mags....will it say over 10 rounds will no longer be legal to manufacture or sell or will it say illegal to be in possession of........... I hope they decide soon cause the wording they may choose is stopping me from making my next purchase......If they choose the latter the Glock-19 is out of the question.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Exactly the same as the Obama Care legislation .... the liberal left has been after these things for a very. long. time.

Now .... will anyone in Congress do any more than glossing over it before passing it, as they did with Obama Care? Will the elected idiots actually do the job we've hired them to do or will they just pass it and move on, slurping from the public trough?
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    I have been thinking of this for years. Did you notice that "someone" wrote the Obamacare bill (thousands of pages long) and the administration introduced it shortly after "O" was elected. I mean, it certainly was not thought of and written after he was elected. These bills are ready in advance...lurking, waiting for an opening just as the OP says.
    Much of it was already written and signed into law...it was called Romneycare back then. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links