Chicago police chief: We値l shoot licensed civilians with guns - Page 2

Chicago police chief: We値l shoot licensed civilians with guns

This is a discussion on Chicago police chief: We値l shoot licensed civilians with guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Every law abiding, pro-gun citizen in Chicago, no,... make that in Illinois, should pack their things and move out of State. Let the State dry ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Chicago police chief: We値l shoot licensed civilians with guns

Every law abiding, pro-gun citizen in Chicago, no,... make that in Illinois, should pack their things and move out of State. Let the State dry up. Face it, they will never get the 2nd Amendment rights they should have had already.

Oh, by the way Mr Chief Smarty pants, a concealed permit holder is not going turn toward one of your goons with a pistol in their hand in the first place.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    No, he's not, but he is making the most moronic argument against concealed carry ever. Every other state in the nation has concealed carry permits and how often do concealed carrying civilians get shot by the police for having a gun in their hand.

If someone is dumb enough to point a gun the po-po, they should get shot; however you and I both know that he's trying to make an issue out of a non-issue. And further more, I would hope that having a gun in your hand isn't enough to draw instantaneous fire because that'll end up killing cops in street clothes along with the general public.
    So he made a stupid argument. That doesn't justify twisting his words. The other side does that enough for everyone, we don't need to join in.
    Tzadik likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Oh, by the way Mr Chief Smarty pants, a concealed permit holder is not going turn toward one of your goons with a pistol in their hand in the first place.
    Nor would I, particularly after such "shoot first / ask question later" reasoning he presented there.

Still, the overall reality at time of inbound LEO's arriving isn't much different anywhere else across the country. Beware what you're holding, how you're holding, move very slowly and non-threateningly, and very smoothly/slowly do everything the inbound LEO's dictate you do at the moment they direct you to do it. Same ol', same ol', for avoiding getting shot. Nothing new, here, other than Chicago PD's "newbie" status on such an environment, which will likely be "sticky" for awhile until everyone gets into the swing of things.

Let it happen ... and quickly. For every upstanding man, woman, child in Illinois.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    That's not what he said. In context, he said he'd back his officers in firing upon anyone turning with a gun in their hands upon an officer, since it's not an officer's duty to take one for the Gipper ... more or less.

And he's absolutely right: police aren't paid to take one for the team.

Seems to me his comments were put into the context desired by that write-up, and your subject line of this thread. From what I read of his quoted comments, he's not stating, let alone even implying, that he'd instruct his officers to essentially declare open-season on lawful carriers.
    Yep. I don't like his message in general, but he's not saying what a lot of people think he's saying.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Ya know the ONLY defense I have for Chicago is if you are single, in your early 20's till mid-late 30's or possibly older, you can drink until 5am if you like partying every now and then. I had some fun in Chicago with some friends just visiting to see a concert but would I live there? HELL NO! And it does not surprise me the Chief of Police making such a statement.

VIP Member
    Chicago - Tomorrow's Detroit!

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    A thug with a badge is still just a thug.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

It seems to me that what he was saying is his officers can't tell a cellphone or a flashlight from a gun so if people really do have guns then his officers are going to shoot more people. A preemptive CYA. Notice he didn't say if they point a gun at the officers or don't obey when told to put down the gun. Nope, all they have to do is have a gun and turn around. What if they don't hear/understand what the officer says. Properly trained, they won't point the gun at the officer but it doesn't sound like the police have any intention of letting the CHL carrier figure out what is going on before getting shot.

Just another Chicago thug......I could name so many more.

This guy is a black eye to those who serve in the LE profession, an absolute disgrace.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyG View Post
    It seems to me that what he was saying is his officers can't tell a cellphone or a flashlight from a gun so if people really do have guns then his officers are going to shoot more people. A preemptive CYA
    Yes they will, at the beginning. At least, until LEO's and citizens/civilians recognize there are ways to go about a new-CHL environment and way to not go about it. It's happened here and there in other states, when they made the transition. Chicago doom-and-gloomers will get over it too. All the "blood in streets" types have, basically. Didn't happen, elsewhere, beyond the initial learning curve; won't happen in Chicago either, I'm betting. Of course, first we need the CHL statutes to come, in IL.

I think he's saying that the LEO's he's hired and the people who elected him are all morons.
    BeefyG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    I think he's saying that the LEO's he's hired and the people who elected him are all morons.
    Certainly the person who twisted that write-up surrounding his actual words thinks that way, the way it was written. Though that doesn't make his words something they're not. Gun + brainless turning toward an inbound LEO = suicide by cop in most any city in the land. It is what it is, and it's little different because a police chief is saying it.

Yes they will, at the beginning. At least, until LEO's and citizens/civilians recognize there are ways to go about a new-CHL environment and way to not go about it. It's happened here and there in other states, when they made the transition. Chicago doom-and-gloomers will get over it too. All the "blood in streets" types have, basically. Didn't happen, elsewhere, beyond the initial learning curve; won't happen in Chicago either, I'm betting. Of course, first we need the CHL statutes to come, in IL.
    It will be interesting to see the shift in crime in Chicago that other areas have seen after instituting CHL. Chicago could be the best case study for that in America after all the dust settles.

Certainly the person who twisted that write-up surrounding his actual words thinks that way, the way it was written. Though that doesn't make his words something they're not. Gun + brainless turning toward an inbound LEO = suicide by cop in most any city in the land. It is what it is, and it's little different because a police chief is saying it.
    I'm kind of ignorant on this. Is turning really all it takes? Or does the LEO wait for it to be pointed or at least raised? I'm no LEO so I don't know the procedure or practice for that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyG View Post
    It will be interesting to see the shift in crime in Chicago that other areas have seen after instituting CHL. Chicago could be the best case study for that in America after all the dust settles.
    Yup, if/when it comes.

Hopefully, then, NYC, Los Angeles, D.C. and other "hot" (head-in-sand) spots of almost-never-issue-CHLs will be forced to follow as well. The citizens in such places have lived with defenseless crime against them for altogether far too long. It's about bloody time they have the yoke removed from their necks, in that regard.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links