Chicago police chief: We値l shoot licensed civilians with guns

This is a discussion on Chicago police chief: We値l shoot licensed civilians with guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 128857008304108555.jpg...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Chicago police chief: We値l shoot licensed civilians with guns

DPro.40 and msgt/ret like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Police officers make mistakes all the time,” McCarthy said. “We spend six months in the police academy, six months of field training and ongoing training on a regular basis and we still shoot unarmed citizens!
    Okay, I paraphrased that a little bit. What he actually said was...

“You say concealed carry I say Trayvon Martin. Police officers make mistakes all the time,” McCarthy said. “We spend six months in the police academy, six months of field training and ongoing training on a regular basis and the fact is once in a while we’re going to shoot someone with a cellphone; we’re going to shoot somebody with a flashlight.

And of course the Trayvon Martin statement was totally irresponsible for a law enforcement offical to spout off about. The trial hasn't even taken place yet. And those who are so-called "in the know" are saying Zimmerman will likely be acquitted.

Police Superintendent McCarthy is nothing more than a thug with a badge. I bet he was a schoolyard bully too, when he was growing up.

The fact is more guns are not the solution to the firearm gun violence problem in this country. Less guns and reasonable gun laws are. And just because it’s 49 states to one doesn’t mean the state of Illinois is wrong on that one.”
    Yes it does.
    Spirit51, DPro.40 and msgt/ret like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Politically appointed Dullards...............IMO.

And just because it’s 49 states to one doesn’t mean the state of Illinois is wrong on that one.”
    Actually it means you ARE wrong. Are the other 49 states' pensions underfunded while you have a d*** measuring contest over moronic gun laws?? Just be because 49 other states have CCW doesn't mean that CCW in your state will be a bloodbath (as you predict). Get a reality check, and grow a pair. I thought you took an oath regarding the constitution , and not Rahm's bs..but who knows anymore???

Watch the s*** hit the fan when these Chicago elitist start shooting CCW'ers. It a threat. Nothing less.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Fire this guy, now!

Fire this guy, now!
    Impossible! He's connected. He'll have this job until he retires to some desert island with taxpayers' money en tow

I worked in Chicago in the early 1980's and was driven thru Cabrini Green with no gun fire. I did not live there but was in town every couple of weeks for 2 years and never had a problem. This is the very reason that I am not going back just to see the town. I did work on the CTA Kennedy Line to the Airport. Never felt unsafe and never had an issue. However this is now 2013 and just last year more than 500 killings.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by WINTEJER000 View Post
    You know regardless how he said it, he did imply he is giving support for cops to shoot anyone with a gun in their hand, and is against their 2nd amendment rights. He should turn his badge in now.
    Hey, they snatched James Yeager's ccw permit. I don't see much difference in what this Police Chief said and what Yeager said.
    DPro.40 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Ah Yes, Chicago. The land of thugs..

Guess the CCW Sash and Badges will be big sellers there.............maybe hats too.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Guess the CCW Sash and Badges will be big sellers there.............maybe hats too.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

But he is LE they can do no wrong. What does he care if you are unarmed or protected he is that is all that madders . But truth is he like most LEO will never be the victim of a crime.
    He should be arrested and charged for his statements. But he won't be

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    But truth is he, like most LEO will never be the victim of a crime.
    And if he is ever a victim of crime... at least he'll have his gun!
    DFuller likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links