Chicago police chief: We値l shoot licensed civilians with guns

This is a discussion on Chicago police chief: We値l shoot licensed civilians with guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy: Chicago police chief: We Police Superintendent: Concealed Carry Could Lead To More Shootings - NewsInBlack Second City Cop: Second City ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Chicago police chief: We値l shoot licensed civilians with guns

S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

2. Remove Ads

The comments below in Second City Cop are spot on, too...
    ddclancy likes this.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

VIP Member
    Unbelievable. Oh, I'm sorry... It's completely believable; it's Chicago. They have their own rules and have the best politicians money can buy.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I'm sure they've shot civilians withOUT guns, why would having one be any different...
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

he's an idiot
    soonershoote and RightyLefty like this.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm sure they've shot civilians withOUT guns, why would having one be any different...
    It would be interesting to know how many real Chicago police feel like he does about concealed carry.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by soonershoote View Post
    Chicago police chief: We’ll shoot licensed civilians with guns
    That's not what he said. In context, he said he'd back his officers in firing upon anyone turning with a gun in his hands upon an officer, since it's not an officer's duty to take one for the Gipper ... more or less.

And he's absolutely right: police aren't paid to take one for the team.

Seems to me his comments were put into the context desired by that write-up, and your subject line of this thread. From what I read of his quoted comments, he's not stating, let alone even implying, that he'd instruct his officers to essentially declare open-season on lawful carriers.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Unbelievable...yes...am I really surprised? Unfortunately no

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

添ou put more guns on the street expect more shootings, McCarthy said

DAM right!!...at least now the good guys will have a fighting chance with the bad guys who ALREADY have guns......geez 102.gif
    justintimeagain likes this.
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Many years ago I read a biography purported to have been written by a former mobster. One of the lines that stuck with me was that cost $60,000 to get a job with the Chicago Police but you'd make it back in the first 6 months
    bombthrower77 and mook012 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    That's not what he said. In context, he said he'd back his officers in firing upon anyone turning with a gun in their hands upon an officer, since it's not an officer's duty to take one for the Gipper ... more or less.

And he's absolutely right: police aren't paid to take one for the team.

Seems to me his comments were put into the context desired by that write-up, and your subject line of this thread. From what I read of his quoted comments, he's not stating, let alone even implying, that he'd instruct his officers to essentially declare open-season on lawful carriers.
    No, he's not, but he is making the most moronic argument against concealed carry ever. Every other state in the nation has concealed carry permits and how often do concealed carrying civilians get shot by the police for having a gun in their hand.

If someone is dumb enough to point a gun the po-po, they should get shot; however you and I both know that he's trying to make an issue out of a non-issue. And further more, I would hope that having a gun in your hand isn't enough to draw instantaneous fire because that'll end up killing cops in street clothes along with the general public.
    NRA Life Member

Re: Chicago police chief: We値l shoot licensed civilians with guns

How often are concealed carriers acting lawfully in the other 49 states mistakenly shot by police?
    Doghandler likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I can see a problem with off-duty officers carrying weapons. If they are not in uniform they will become targets just as CCWing residents. Sounds like he is making an open threat. The police are going to shoot some people just to prove their point. The victims could very well be one of their own. When the civil trials begin I'll bet he wishes he had never said those words. I am so very glad I do not live there. To all those who do live there, please be very careful if you have an encounter with any LEO.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    If someone is dumb enough to point a gun the po-po, they should get shot; however you and I both know that he's trying to make an issue out of a non-issue.
    Well, Ohio had its share of badged idiots running around with heavy-handed handling of MWAG calls, until things settled down and both the "loud" carriers and the energetic cops got comfortable with the simple fact that upstanding citizens were not going to result in street-gunfight meltdowns simply because they feared it might. (ie, the Dan Sayers take-town, some years back.)

I'm sure Chicago'll be a hell of a place to be, for carriers, for awhile, if CHL statutes do get passed. But unless the police want to become murders and charged as such for taking out citizens who are merely magically faced with instantaneous police response after decades of nothing of the sort, then I'm betting it'll quickly fade to a stinky memory, resulting in a rational police force coming to accept that the mass of upstanding carrying citizens aren't going to go ballistic on them, and resulting in the mass of upstanding carrying citizens realizing accommodating the twitchy trigger fingers of the police via calm/careful management of inbound LEO presence when it's detected is in their best interests. It'll all work out. And I'm sure this chief of police knows it. Despite the twisted rendition in that write-up.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Moronic statement, plain and simple. Even if he had an original thought...you'll never hear it. He's a talking piece for Rahm and the rest of the Chicago political machine. Do cops in other cities have issues shooting civilians??? In Dallas, Houston, Milwaukee, Alanta do they shoot civilians??
    They're grasping at straws right now because they feel that they somehow know "better" than 49 other states

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links