Hey, Gun Banners, decide what you really want

Hey, Gun Banners, decide what you really want

This is a discussion on Hey, Gun Banners, decide what you really want within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is a story from TheStreet, a website with a focus generally on financial news and opinion. The writer of this article expresses my sentiments ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By SIGP250
  • 3 Post By Crowman

Thread: Hey, Gun Banners, decide what you really want

VIP Member

Thumbs up Hey, Gun Banners, decide what you really want

Here is a story from TheStreet, a website with a focus generally on financial news and opinion.

The writer of this article expresses my sentiments about gun control so closely that I thought it would be well worth sharing the link below.

Hey! Gun Banners: Decide What You Really Want
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; January 12th, 2013 at 06:12 PM.
    Rawah and Doghandler like this.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Above link did not work....

This one should..
    Hey! Gun Banners: Decide What You Really Want - TheStreet
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Obviously I don't know what it said but Jim Cramer (the founder of TheStreet who crams my inbox with more unwanted email than the NRA) is a liberal
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Above link did not work....

This one should..
    Hey! Gun Banners: Decide What You Really Want - TheStreet
    I change the link i It should work for you know. Thanks for letting me know. This article is worth reading IMHO!
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Obviously I don't know what it said but Jim Cramer (the founder of TheStreet who crams my inbox with more unwanted email than the NRA) is a liberal
    Crammer may be a liberal but some of the contributing writers on TS are not. Try the link now.
    - Zen Saying

I agree, that is a well written. Thanks for posting the link.

Great article
    Every saint has a past
    Every sinner has a future

re: Hey, Gun Banners, decide what you really want

Good article, thanks.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Gun Banner

I'm going to continue to repeat this wherever I get the chance:

People who think they can rid our country of guns are fooling themselves. Even if we could magically get every gun out of the country in one sweep, more would be here the next day. The U.S. isn't the only gun manufacturer in the world. The government can't prevent drugs, illegal aliens, contraband, or anything else from entering the country. For the vast majority of "gun crime", keeping criminals in jail would vastly reduce it. For the rest, removing restrictions to carrying effective self-defense would reduce a whole lot more. There will always be murders, just like there were before guns and like there are in countries that don't "allow" guns. Some of those would even be with guns. The people really intent on killing someone will find a way to do it, with or without a gun.

"We're not sure what to do, but ****** we're going to do something!" makes for very poor legislation.

The only thing that I can attribute any logic to the antis is that they may be thinking long term - 30 years long term - for any positive effects.

Technically the gun bans in other countries is working. It took 20+ years but the gun crime is down from pre ban (GUN CRIME ONLY - I know all other violent crime is way up).

It's attrition. They take all the legal guns away right from the start, then they eventually pick up the criminals guns as they can. They get caught, they dump them so as to not get caught with them, etc.

Then we start getting the "Anti Bat" groups, and "Anti Knife" groups cropping up, then another 30 years of attrition and the problem finally sees a decline.

NOTE - I in no way support any type of new firearm legislation, just pointing out an observation here.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Re: Hey, Gun Banners, decide what you really want

That's a good point sticks. That's why we have to fight the "gun violence " phrase.

I don't see how a violent crime committed with a gun is any different, or less horrible, than one committed with a knife, bat, or even bare hands.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

All I can ask is if the Government wants our guns and they are willing to spend trillions...

Will it be as successful as their war on Drugs?
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    That's a good point sticks. That's why we have to fight the "gun violence " phrase.

I don't see how a violent crime committed with a gun is any different, or less horrible, than one committed with a knife, bat, or even bare hands.
    Oddly I do. A GSW is more survivable than knife or blunt instrument in these types of violent crimes. It's also a heck of a lot more humane of you really wanted to think about it.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Sponsored Links