Morgan vs. Shapiro - Page 2

Morgan vs. Shapiro

This is a discussion on Morgan vs. Shapiro within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Piers ended the segment with the best thing I've ever heard him say, "You've made your point crystal clear. People aren't stupid, they can make ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Morgan vs. Shapiro

  1. #16
    Member Array steffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    396
    Piers ended the segment with the best thing I've ever heard him say, "You've made your point crystal clear. People aren't stupid, they can make up their own minds. Ben Shapiro."
    Bark'n likes this.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.


  2. #17
    Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,535
    Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Wouldn't you like to slap him when he says , "you come in here and you brandish your little book" ?









    punch.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

  3. #18
    Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,508
    Anyone care to ask Morgan how freedom of speech is working across the pond?

    Ever hear of "freedom of Information Act" in Great Britain? Of course not...no such thing there.
    Newspapers are stifled from telling the truth in GB.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

    Do what you can; then do what you must

  4. #19
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,058
    He did a good job of staying measured in his responses and not allowing Piers to inflame him with his usual tactics. Anyone who accepts an invitation on his show would do well to understand the enemy, so to speak, and brush up on staying on point and keeping emotion in check. It make Piers look as foolish as he truly is.
    niks, wmhawth, Brad426 and 1 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  5. #20
    VIP Member Array goldshellback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    OKC; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Posts
    4,750
    I watched the whole thing. My head is spinning. Mr. Morgan is a doufus and I can barely stand to hear him talk about anything gun related in America.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

    (Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

  6. #21
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Yes sir, I walked into the gun show {edited out}
    I'd get this off the forum, IMO.

    Firearm sales that cross state lines are not legal under federal law.

    Edit... Not legal unless you do an FFL transfer.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  7. #22
    VIP Member Array jbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dandridge Tennessee
    Posts
    2,078
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I'd get this off the forum, IMO.

    Firearm sales that cross state lines are not legal under federal law.

    Edit... Not legal unless you do an FFL transfer.
    This
    TX expat likes this.

  8. #23
    Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,630
    Ben Shapiro would make a terrific spokes person for the NRA. He should have been the one to meet with Joe Biden.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

    The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

  9. #24
    Member Array steffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    Ben Shapiro would make a terrific spokes person for the NRA. He should have been the one to meet with Joe Biden.
    He looks like somebody who knows a lot about bullies. I think that was his real motivation for going at it with Piers.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array cmdrdredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,037
    I don't need an AR-15 piers, I don't need a Ferrari that can do 210mph either but if I want one because it is something I admire for its mechanics and precision engineering, why not?

    I do agree 100% that they pin a lot on the NRA like violent TV and video games when that falls under the first amendment and all the ACLU type groups who want free speech everywhere even if it is vile and disgusting hatred. People like Piers are just crazy. Gun grabbing of any kind is a control mechanism. If you remove the people's tools to fight, they can be steamrolled easily. I don't care if the guy down the street has an AR and I don't think he cares if I don't feel a need or want for one personally. He does not affect me nor I him.

    Kids in Chicago killed by handguns every day but that evil "military style killing machine from bushmaster" is targeted for some reason.

    Shapiro was right too, Piers loves to sit there and say "if you want people to own an ar-15 then you hate the kids" had someone tell me that once before. That if I like guns and don't want more regulations then I am helping murderers. I told him that since he smokes weed, he is a hipocrit. There are federal laws regulating that yet he has no problem breaking the law (I believe Florida law too). So how would making it illegal to have a certain gun help when it is obvious (using him as example #1) that people break the law anyway.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

    Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

  11. #26
    VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,984
    The question that Piers Morgan kept asking is "Why do you NEED and assault rifle?" So now there will be a board who decides what I need and don't need? Being from Britain, I am not surprise he is all about removing freedom and installing a nanny state. Do me a favor Piers, please go back to Britain and do not return here.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

  12. #27
    Senior Member Array RicT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    607
    morgan rich.jpg

    Feel free to distribute this...
    Bark'n likes this.

  13. #28
    Member Array Grandpagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    190
    My(OUR) forefathers fought for my right to have the freedoms that are guaranteed by the consitution of the United States of America.
    My(OUR) family was originally from the British Isles, and left for a really good cause! They fought against England and signed the Declaration of Independence, and Constitution.
    We wanted a free country and what it would afford. We got it, and we will fiercly protect it!
    Those desires, for unlimited freedoms as guaranteed in those documents, are what Morgan thinks he has the right to complain about!
    Well Mr Morgan, and I use that "MR" label very sparingly, if you do not like this country and the freedoms if affords, then kiss my rosy red behind just before you get on the plane
    to go back home.
    Being able to complain with no fear of the law, is a freedom that you seem to like very much. Isn't this a wondeful country? You have unlimited freedom of speech!
    The right to defend against all threats to ourselves and country by having the right to keep and bear arms! Your country has taken those rights from you.
    You seem to advocate government breaking the law by circumventing the Constitution. You seem to be of the same ilk of the leader of our country, that thinks no one in the US knows more then he!
    Impeachment is an option if it becomes necessary! No one is above the law, even if the job description begins with Mr President!
    Well, our country will not stand for it. If you want to complain about the US, give up your British citizenship, and become a US citizen!
    On second thought, we do not want you or your warped way of thinking.
    There is a breaking point and it is close! We do not need your excess overinflated ego trying to tell us anything.
    We are a FREE country and want to stay that way. GO HOME!!! We do not need you!
    Color me angry from the Great Northwest state of Oregon.

  14. #29
    Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    Ben Shapiro would make a terrific spokes person for the NRA. He should have been the one to meet with Joe Biden.
    Did he not agree with Piers in the video that there should be a national database with guns registered?

    Or did I hear that wrong?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

  15. #30
    Member Array steffen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpagus View Post
    My(OUR) forefathers fought for my right to have the freedoms that are guaranteed by the consitution of the United States of America.
    My(OUR) family was originally from the British Isles, and left for a really good cause! They fought against England and signed the Declaration of Independence, and Constitution.
    We wanted a free country and what it would afford. We got it, and we will fiercly protect it!
    Those desires, for unlimited freedoms as guaranteed in those documents, are what Morgan thinks he has the right to complain about!
    Well Mr Morgan, and I use that "MR" label very sparingly, if you do not like this country and the freedoms if affords, then kiss my rosy red behind just before you get on the plane
    to go back home.
    Being able to complain with no fear of the law, is a freedom that you seem to like very much. Isn't this a wondeful country? You have unlimited freedom of speech!
    The right to defend against all threats to ourselves and country by having the right to keep and bear arms! Your country has taken those rights from you.
    You seem to advocate government breaking the law by circumventing the Constitution. You seem to be of the same ilk of the leader of our country, that thinks no one in the US knows more then he!
    Impeachment is an option if it becomes necessary! No one is above the law, even if the job description begins with Mr President!
    Well, our country will not stand for it. If you want to complain about the US, give up your British citizenship, and become a US citizen!
    On second thought, we do not want you or your warped way of thinking.There is a breaking point and it is close! We do not need your excess overinflated ego trying to tell us anything.
    We are a FREE country and want to stay that way. GO HOME!!! We do not need you!
    Color me angry from the Great Northwest state of Oregon.
    If I'm going to embrace the 2nd Amendment, I'm going to do my best to embrace the entire bill of rights. To the part in bold- he might be an idiot, but I welcome him and his ideas as long as he follows the rules here.

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Did he not agree with Piers in the video that there should be a national database with guns registered?

    Or did I hear that wrong?
    I would have to listen again to be sure, but I think he was just elaborating on the idea and then he said he was against it.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

morgan shapiro debate

,

morgan shapiro gun

,

morgan v shapiro

,
morgan vs. shapiro
,
morgan/shapiro debate
,
mrgan shapiro guns
,
who won morgan v shapiro
Click on a term to search for related topics.