Morgan vs. Shapiro - Page 4

Morgan vs. Shapiro

This is a discussion on Morgan vs. Shapiro within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by TX expat So what point would you like to make exactly? I'm pretty sure I know what the laws are and how ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Morgan vs. Shapiro

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    So what point would you like to make exactly? I'm pretty sure I know what the laws are and how things work. I'm trying to get an idea what you are posting about. You want background checks or not? Some sort of optional privately run database of gun ownership? What?
    No federal background checks and an optional private database is acceptable. Take the savings from not enforcing gun laws and spend it on enforcing laws that are constitutional.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Shapiro missed the opportunity to point out that the Reagan quote was 1994. It would have been easily argued that Reagan would likely not have had the same opinion in 2004 after the Clinton AWB proved ineffective. OMO
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Wouldn't you like to slap him when he says , "you come in here and you brandish your little book" ?
    Here Piers, let me pour you a cup o Joe.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    No federal background checks and an optional private database is acceptable. Take the savings from not enforcing gun laws and spend it on enforcing laws that are constitutional.
    Ok, so you are basically saying no NCIS for private sales, just keep things the way they are. I can all but guarantee you nobody is going to voluntarily take part in any privatized database. It just won't happen. Most people I know just sell firearms to other individuals that have CCW permits. On the rare occasion that I actually can bring myself to sell something, that's what I do.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links