Morgan vs. Shapiro

Morgan vs. Shapiro

This is a discussion on Morgan vs. Shapiro within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A very telling and worthwhile debate between Piers Morgan and Ben Shapiro. Enjoy. COMPLETE: Ben Shapiro CUTS Piers Morgan DOWN - YouTube...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Morgan vs. Shapiro

Morgan vs. Shapiro

A very telling and worthwhile debate between Piers Morgan and Ben Shapiro.
    Enjoy.

COMPLETE: Ben Shapiro CUTS Piers Morgan DOWN - YouTube
    zacii, Bad Bob and Gun Bunny like this.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

New Member Array alabama_lowlife's Avatar
    I really liked the part where Shapiro asked Morgan if he cared about the kids getting killed in Chicago with handguns. Great job pointing out the inconsistencies in Morgan's argument.

I would ask Morgan, "Why do police need Ar 15 rifles and why would I not need one for the same reason" Also I don't believe an Ar 15 is an assault weapon, it may resemble one but it is not an assault weapon.
    bigmacque, candalos and Bark'n like this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I agree with this on a number of points:

1. Morgan is an idiot;
    2. Morgan is a hypocrite;
    3. Morgan is a Brit and should go back to Britain, since the 1st Amendment is making him rich in America but he doesn't care about the Amendment that protects the 1st Amendment;
    4. I've never really considered an AR 15 an assault rifle either.
    Betty and GaryB like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Wouldn't you like to slap him when he says , "you come in here and you brandish your little book" ?

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Wouldn't you like to slap him when he says , "you come in here and you brandish your little book" ?
    IMHO that was the best part of the interview, it showed how off balance Shapiro was able to keep Morgan. It feels soo good to see Piers squirm because he has lost control.
    Last edited by Harvester; January 11th, 2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Because I can!!
    niks and Betty like this.
    Molon Labe

I just read on the Briebert media web site that according to Shapiro, after the interview concluded, Morgan told him that he really want to see a complete ban on all firearms. Gee, what a surprise
    steffen likes this.

YES!

This is the kind of spokesman we NEED to go on all the talk shows to counter all the arguments that people like Morgan promote. I just wish I could do as well in arguing our position with the misinformed "antis".

I agree that I was hoping for Shapiro to correct Morgan on his term "assault weapon", but on further reflection, that may have allowed Morgan to drive the argument in a different direction.

Watching Morgan try to defend himself from the accusation of bullying was priceless. I'm hoping he keeps his word about "deporting himself" if an AWB does not go thru...but he probably won't.

Does anyone know where Morgan got that statistic of "40% of all gun sales/trades are not covered by background checks"? I've never heard that before or seen it in any of my readings. Even if all the gun sales going thru places like GunBroker are included, there are still the background checks done to me to receive the weapon from my FFL. Do they not consider those background checks?

Anyone wanting to congratulate Shapiro on kicking Morgan's butt in this argument, you can send Benjamin an email at:
    http://benjaminshapiro.com/index.php/contact-top
    Last edited by RicT; January 11th, 2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: additional info

In one of the comments someone posted below the video: If Piers Morgan keeps bringing up the 11,000 murders in the U.S. vs. the U.K. numbers then he HAS to take in account the 'handgun' part of it. 11,000 murders here are not all committed with AR-15's.

We all know that the left will not address that issue, because they would be "showing their cards" in that they want to 'seem' friendly to the 2A. Piers is bright enough to not go down that road...so he basically refuses to address it. Did you notice after being asked what his policy suggestions were that bloody ole Piers just kept deflecting/not answering?
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post

Does anyone know where Morgan got that statistic of "40% of all gun sales/trades are not covered by background checks"? I've never heard that before or seen it in any of my readings.
    I don't know where he gets his numbers from, but I have heard several misrepresentations of this: Some say that their numbers do include internet sales, face to face and gun shows.

The 'sheep' do not know enough about the process. IF someone is a FFL at a gun show and you buy a gun from them, you WILL have a BGC. Also, many anti's believe that you or I can order a gun online and UPS can just roll right up to our door with it.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

New Member Array alabama_lowlife's Avatar
    That 40% number is just somebody's estimate. I hear friends and coworkers discussing purchases they've made from other individuals pretty frequently. I can't imagine how they came to their estimate other than just wildly guessing. I'm not sure why they would even attempt to put a number on it. Seems like an exercise in futility to me.

In a follow-up to my post about Piers and all the other anti's not looking at the 'handgun' issue. Think about how many people would be against THAT. They believe it's easy to show the sheep the Black Evil Rifles. How many ultra-rich elites would be affected if there were to be a ban on handguns---THAT is not going to happen!
    SOLD my guns.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Prop's to Piers,

for having Ben Shapiro on his show.

Just did some quick checking...looks like that is a figure that the Brady Bunch came up with, and is now passed around from one "anti" media outlet to the next.

40% is supposed to include gun shows and other individual sales. Really? 40%? From my visits to gun shows and my attempt to sell/buy in individual sales, I find that number VERY hard to believe.

In all the classifieds in the various media that I've tried (including some of the most popular like Craigslist), they don't even allow you to advertise guns to buy or sell...at ALL. The gun-friendly media like GunBroker are "few and far between". If someone on the left can't show up definitive numbers, we should make up a number ourselves, like 5%. With no studies to prove/disprove any of these numbers, no one can actually dispute it...
    8th ID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    I don't know where he gets his numbers from, but I have heard several misrepresentations of this: Some say that their numbers do include internet sales, face to face and gun shows.

The 'sheep' do not know enough about the process. IF someone is a FFL at a gun show and you buy a gun from them, you WILL have a BGC. Also, many anti's believe that you or I can order a gun online and UPS can just roll right up to our door with it.
    I purchased a handgun from a person at the Tulsa gun show Deleted per request
    Last edited by Ksgunner; January 11th, 2013 at 12:04 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links