For you folks wondering where the NRA has been

This is a discussion on For you folks wondering where the NRA has been within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-for-a-flight/ Looks like they are getting ready to go on the offense. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: For you folks wondering where the NRA has been

VIP Member

For you folks wondering where the NRA has been

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-for-a-flight/

Looks like they are getting ready to go on the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rawah likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    TRENDING: National Rifle Association gearing up for a fight CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Looks like they are getting ready to go on the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Getting ready...

I think the guys at Pearl Harbor were "getting ready" to defend themselves against the Japanese bombers... as soon as the first few shells hit...

We didn't fare so well (in that battle), If my history lessons are correct... But maybe we can win the war... I hope.

I really hope it's not a case of too little, too late.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Capt. John Parker......Lexington Green.....April 19, 1775.
    Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Two of Captain Parker's muskets were given to the state of Massachusetts; one the light fowling-piece which he carried at Quebec and Lexington and one that he captured. They hang today in the Senate Chamber of the Massachusetts State House.
    ConcealedSr9c likes this.

I will be very happy to see advertisements on tv and in print. We need this. I may try and scrape some cash together so I can upgrade my membership to lifetime to help support these thing. Currently things have been tight for me though...
    pittypat21 likes this.

VIP Member
    good old CNN ( Cinton news network )

Things are tight for me as well and Im only spending on what I.can afford.

You cannot not afford this.....................

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Getting ready...

I think the guys at Pearl Harbor were "getting ready" to defend themselves against the Japanese bombers... as soon as the first few shells hit...

We didn't fare so well (in that battle), If my history lessons are correct... But maybe we can win the war... I hope.

I really hope it's not a case of too little, too late.
    Actually I've always felt that the NRA has been playing this one smart. They didn't lash out immediately. They waited until people had at least been able to bury their children before putting themselves on the news. Then they stayed quiet and waited until they could come forward and say they were legitimately responding to the leftist agenda, instead of just reacting to everything they threw out.

We'll see if it pays off but, IMO, it looks well measured and thoughtful instead of emotional driven rantings.
    KBSR, BugDude, Jetfuelrm and 6 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

Actually I've always felt that the NRA has been playing this one smart. They didn't lash out immediately. They waited until people had at least been able to bury their children before putting themselves on the news. Then they stayed quiet and waited until they could come forward and say they were legitimately responding to the leftist agenda, instead of just reacting to everything they threw out.

We'll see if it pays off but, IMO, it looks well measured and thoughtful instead of emotional driven rantings.
    These are my thoughts as well.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

I'm a measured response kind of guy... You haven't seen me calling for watering the tree of liberty... You haven't heard me screaming at Piers Morgan...

I did suggest, and still do: A media campaign to "personalize" gun owners. To show that we weren't red necked tabbacy chewin' gun and Bible clingers.

the Hypocritical left hollyweirdos have "demanded a plan" already on TV. The left wing pols have been all over the news with their hand-wringing "we must do something." The surviving victims have been enlisted and paraded before the press. Saying "enough."

And we have been sitting on our hands.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

IMO....It's about ready to break loose.............patients is a vertue.

VIP Member
    I'm a measured response kind of guy... You haven't seen me calling for watering the tree of liberty... You haven't heard me screaming at Piers Morgan...

I did suggest, and still do: A media campaign to "personalize" gun owners. To show that we weren't red necked tabbacy chewin' gun and Bible clingers.

the Hypocritical left hollyweirdos have "demanded a plan" already on TV. The left wing pols have been all over the news with their hand-wringing "we must do something." The surviving victims have been enlisted and paraded before the press. Saying "enough."

You are, and I agree with your thoughts. I don't think they've been sitting on their hands though. I think they choose to not try and get out ahead of it simply because that would only further inflame the rhetoric from the libs. This way the NRA can basically say "we took the high ground until the other side made it clear that the had not intention of meeting us there". I really like your idea of 'personalizing' the gun owner. That's a top shelf idea; I hope the NRA is already working on that or will come up with it. I also think you should suggest it to them, just in case. A smart person never turns down a good idea, regardless of where it comes from.

I realize it won't do anything to change the perception of the anti-gun crowd, but that's not the audience the NRA wants or needs. They need all the moderate people, basically the silent majority that doesn't really get too political, to see a less "emotional" plea that's based on facts and logical attempts.
    NRA Life Member

Re: For you folks wondering where the NRA has been

Hey, I'm a Bible clinger ;)

I don't chew and my neck ain't red though ...

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    darbo, BamaT and carracer like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Hey! I cling to my bible, and chew, and by CA standards am probably a redneck. But I have a Masters degree a successful business, teach and don't commit crime. Does this make me weird? Oh and I love those evil things called guns!!!
    darbo, BamaT and carracer like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member

I thought they were being thoughtful and classy. I hope it was smart too. The other side got a significant headstart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links